- Volume 25 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Leaching Behavior of Gold from CPU chip Grinding Products in Iodide/Iodine Solution
Iodide/Iodine용액에서 CPU chip 분쇄물의 금 침출특성
Jung, Insang;Joe, Aram;Choi, Joonchul;Song, Youjin;Park, Poongwon;Park, Kyungho;Lee, Sujeong;Park, Jaikoo
- Received : 2015.05.26
- Accepted : 2016.01.29
- Published : 2016.02.29
The leaching behavior of gold from waste CPU chip using Iodide/Iodine solution was studied. The direct leaching of gold with Iodide/Iodine solution for CPU chip under the size of 150 mesh showed leaching ratio of 20%. It was assumed that the copper film was produced on the gold particle during grinding process and the copper film prevents lodine/Iodide solution from contacting with leachable gold. Meanwhile, the extraction of gold was improved to 90% by pretreatment process with
Waste CPU chip;Gold;Iodide/Iodine solution;Leaching
- Huang, K., J. Guo, Z. Xu, 2009: Recycling of waste printed circuit boards: A review of current technologies and treatment status in China, Journal of hazardous materials, 164(2), pp. 399-408. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2008.08.051
- Jha, M.K., et al., 2012: Leaching studies for tin recovery from waste e-scrap, Waste management, 32(10), pp. 1919-1925. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wasman.2012.05.006
- Duan, C., et al., 2009: Recovery of metals from waste printed circuit boards by a mechanical method using a water medium, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 166(1), pp. 478-482. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2008.11.060
- Behnamfard, A., M.M. Salarirad, F. Veglio, 2013: Process development for recovery of copper and precious metals from waste printed circuit boards with emphasize on palladium and gold leaching and precipitation, Waste management, 33(11), pp. 2354-2363. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wasman.2013.07.017
- Wen, X., et al., 2005: Study on metals recovery from discarded printed circuit boards by physical methods, IEEE,
- Kim, Y.-S., 2010: Recovery of Waste Back Board and Gold from the Process of Printed Circuit Board, Journal of the Korean Institute of Resources Recycling, 19(1), pp. 57-65.
- Crundwell, F., 2013: The dissolution and leaching of minerals: Mechanisms, myths and misunderstandings, Hydrometallurgy, 139(132-148). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hydromet.2013.08.003
- Rodriguez, F., et al., 2009: Adsorption of a gold-iodide complex (AuI2-) onto cellulose acetate-polyaniline membranes: Equilibrium experiments, Journal of applied polymer science, 113(4), pp. 2670-2674. https://doi.org/10.1002/app.30337
- Zhang, H., C.A. Jeffery, M.I. Jeffrey, 2012: Ion exchange recovery of gold from iodine-iodide solutions, Hydrometallurgy, 125(69-75).
- Kumar, V., et al., 2013: Novel physical separation process for eco-friendly recycling of rare and valuable metals from end-of-life DVD-PCBA, Separation and Purification Technology, 111(145-154). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seppur.2013.03.039
- Choi, J., W. Lee, 1995: Dissolution kinetics of palladium in iodide solutions, Journal of the Korean Institute of Metals and Materials(South Korea), 33(10), pp. 1368-1373.
- Park, H., K. Han, 1996: Dissolution behavior of nickel in Iodine/Iodide solutions, Journal of the Korean Institute of Metals and Materials(South Korea), 34(5), pp. 615-621.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)