- Volume 25 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on Physical Characteristics and Plastics Recycling of Used Small Household Appliances
폐소형가전의 물리적 성상 분석 및 플라스틱 재활용에 관한 연구
Choi, Woo Zin;Park, Eun Kyu;Kang, Seok Hwan;Jung, Bam Bit;Kim, Soo Kyung
- Received : 2016.01.25
- Accepted : 2016.02.12
- Published : 2016.02.29
Small household appliances such as electric rice cooker, a vacuum cleaner, an electric fan, etc. are diverse and complex due to the materials and components and waste streams from the manufacturing processes. In the present study, physical characterization of small e-wastes was analyzed on major items including electric rice cooker after manual dismantling. Small household appliances is an important potential source of waste plastic, however, recycling plastics from small e-waste is still unusual. The present communication gives results of separation processes on black plastics and the limitations of these sorting processes in used small household appliances.
small e-waste;dismantling;physical characteristic;plastic;recycling
- Buenkens, A. and Yang, J., 2014 : Recycling of WEEE plastics : a review, J. Mate Cycles Waste Manag, 16, pp. 415-434. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10163-014-0241-2
- Korea Environment Institute, 2010 : System technical support measures for promoting recycling scrap metal resources.
- Kim J. J. 2014 : A Study on the recycling optimization through material flow analysis of household electric appliances.
- Choi, W. Z. et. al., 2015 : Status and Prospects of Plastics Recycling of Used Small Household Appliances, The 13th International Symposium on East Asian Resources Recycling Technology, Proceeding pp. 592-596.
- Ministry of Environment, 2015 : Waste Electrical & Electronic Product, www.me.go.kr
- Yang Yuxuan, 2013 : Auto Selector Applications in Ewastes, 2013 International Symposium on Recycling of Valuable Resources from E-waste.
- Yoon R. H. 2002 : Recent Development in Plastics Recycling in the U.S., Seoul International Symposium on Establishment of Resource Recycling Society.
- Choi W. Z. 2004 : Removal of PVC from Mixed Plastic Waste by Gravity Separation Process, Geosystem Eng., vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 57-62. https://doi.org/10.1080/12269328.2004.10541221
- Choi W. Z. and Yoon K. D. 2012 : A Study on Physical Properties of Recyclables obtained from MSW, J. of Korea Inst. of Resources Recycling, vol. 21, no. 5, pp 72-78 https://doi.org/10.7844/kirr.2012.21.5.72
- Alfons Bueken and Xujiam Zhou, 2014 : Recycling plastics from automotive shredder residues, a review, J. of material Cycles and Waste Management, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 398-414. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10163-014-0244-z
- Joen H. S. et. al., 2006 : The Development of Electrostatic Separation Technique for Recycling of Life Circles Waste Plastic, J. of Korea Inst. of Resources Recycling, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 22-38.
- Analysis of Physical Characteristics of Waste Plastics Generated from Used Small Household Appliances vol.54, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.12972/ksmer.2017.54.1.048