- Volume 25 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Recovery of Copper from Synthetic Leaching Solution of Manganese Nodule Matte by Solvent Extraction-electrowinning Process
망간단괴 매트상 모의 침출용액으로부터 용매추출-전해채취 공정에 의한 구리의 회수
Kim, Hyun-Ho;Park, Kyung-Ho;Nam, Chul-Woo;Yoon, Ho-Sung;Kim, Min-Seuk;Kim, Chul-Joo;Park, Sang-Woon
- Received : 2016.01.14
- Accepted : 2016.02.12
- Published : 2016.02.29
A scale-up test with a continuous solvent extraction and electro-winning system was carried out to separate and recover copper from a synthetic sulfuric acid solution (Cu 10.5 g/L, Co 2.0 g/L, Ni 15.0 g/L, Fe 0.2 g/L). The solution was introduced into mixer-settlers with four stages of extraction and two stages of stripping for continuous countercurrent solvent extraction to separate copper from nickel and cobalt. The loading was carried out using 40% LIX 84-I(v/v) as extractant with a phase ratio of A : O = 1 : 1. Meanwhile, the stripping was undertaken at a phase ratio of A : O = 1 : 1.5 using depleted electrolyte containing 35.0 g/L Cu and 180 g/L
Manganese nodules;Copper recovery;Solvent extraction;Electro-winning
- G. Sebabayake, 2011 : Acid leaching of metals from deepsea manganese nodules - a critical review of fundamentals and applications, Minerals Engineering, 24(13), pp1379-1396. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mineng.2011.06.003
- K. H. Park, C. W. Nam, H. I. Kim, J. T, Park, 2005 : Treatment of metal wastes with manganese nodules, Journal of the koreans Institute of Resources Recycling, 14(4), pp17-21.
M. S. Lee, J. G. Ahn, J. W. Ahn, 2002 : Solvent extraction of copper from
$CuCl_2-NiCl_2-CoCl_2$solutions by Alamine336 and LIX84, Journal of the koreans Institute of Resources Recycling, 11(6), pp12-17.
- B. W. Haynes, M. J. Magyar, F. E, Godoy, 1987 : Extractive metallurgy of ferromanganese crusts from necker ridge area, Hawaiian Exclusives Economic Zone. Mar. Min., 6, pp23-36.
- K. Jung, 1993 : A review of processing of deep-sea nodules and crusts, CSIRO division of mineral and process engineering, CSIRO Com 788, CSIRO Report, Australia.
- K. H. Park, C. W. Nam and H. I. Kim, 2004 : High temperature and high pressure sulfuric acid leaching of (Cu-Ni-Co-Fe) matte, J. Korean. Soc. Geosystem. Eng., 41(5), pp1-5.
- K. H. Park, D. Mohapatra, B. R. Reddy, C. W. Nam, 2007 : A study on the oxidative ammoina/ammonium sulphate leaching of a complex (Cu-Ni-Co-Fe) matte, Hydrometallurgy, 86, pp164-171. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hydromet.2006.11.012
- Jackson, 1986 : Hydrometallurgical extraction and relcamation, John Wiley & Sons 153.
- G. Bergh, J. B. Yianatos, 2001 : Current status and limitations of copper SX/EW plants control, Minerals Engineering, 14(9), pp975-985. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0892-6875(01)00105-4
- K. H. Park, C. W. Nam, S. M. Shin, 2004 : Solvent extraction of copper from sulfuric acid solution containing copper, nickel and cobalt by LIX84, Kor. Inst. Met. & Mater., 42(3), pp297-301.
- K. H. Park, S. H. Jung, S. M. Shin and D. S. Kim, 2005 : Solvent extraction of copper from sulfuric acid with LIX973N, J. Kor. Inst. Met. & Mater., 43(5), pp399-403.
- B. Ramachand Reddy, K. H. Park and D. Mohapatra, 2007 : Process development for the separation and recovery of copper from sulphate leach liquors of Cu-Ni-Co-Fe matte using LIX 84 and LIX 973N, Hydrometallurgy, 87, pp51-57. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hydromet.2007.01.004
- G. M. Ritcey, A.W. Ashbrook, 1979 : Solvent extraction, PartII, Elsevier, Amsterdam.
Grant : 해양광물자원 탐사 및 이용기술개발
Supported by : 한국해양과학기술원