- Volume 32 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study for Influence Range of Ground Surface due to Sewer Fracture in Various Relative Density of Sand by Laboratory Model Test
실내모형시험을 통한 상대밀도가 다양한 사질토 지반에서의 하수도관 파손에 따른 지표침하의 영향범위에 관한 연구
Oh, Dong-Wook;Ahn, Ho-Yeon;Lee, Yong-Joo
- Received : 2015.12.14
- Accepted : 2016.02.25
- Published : 2016.02.29
It is well known that water leakage from decrepit sewer pipe mainly causes frequent occurrence of ground subsidence in urban area. Thus, laboratory model tests were carried out to investigate ground behaviour according to location of sewer fracture and various relative densities of surrounding soil. The portion of fractured pipe was assumed to be 20% compared to the circumference of pipe, and to be positioned at the top and bottom of the pipe. Ground conditions were made as loose sand (
Ground subsidence;Settlement;Relative density;Sewer pipe;Model test;Numerical analysis
- Atkinson, J.H. and Mair, R.J. (1981), "Soil Mechanics Aspects of Soft Ground Tunnelling", Ground Engineering, July, pp.20-26.
- Bolton, M.D. (1986), "The Strength and Dilatancy of Sands", Geotechnique, 36, No.1, pp.65-78. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.19188.8.131.52
- Cording, E.J. and Hansmire, W.H. (1975), "Displacements around Soft Ground Tunnels - General Report. In: 5th Pan American Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering", Buenos Aires, Session IV, pp.571-632.
- Das, B.M. (2009), "Principles of Geotechnical Engineering (7th Edition)", USA, CENGAGE Learning, pp.302-367.
- JoongAng-Ilbo (2015), Songpa, Guro-Sand Ground, Jongno-Old Sewerage, A danger zone of ground subsidence, JoongAng-Ilbo, Seoul, pp.10. (in Korean)
- Kim, Y.S., Ko, H.W., Kim, J.H., and Lee, J.G. (2012), "Dynamic Deformation Characteristics of Joomunjin Standard Sand Using Cyclic Triaxial Test", Journal of the Korean Geotechnical Society, Vol.28(12), pp.53-64. (in Korea)
- Kong, S.M. (2015), A Study on Embedded Pile Behaviour at Tunnel Crown Area due to Tunnelling MSc thesis, Seoul National University of Science and Technology, Seoul, 35-36.
- Kuwano, R., Sato, M., and Sera, R. (2010), "Study on the Detection of Underground Cavity and Ground Loosening for the Prevention of Ground Cave-in Accident", Japanese Geotechnical Journal, Vol.5, No.2, pp.219-229. https://doi.org/10.3208/jgs.5.219
- Leblais, Y. and Bochon, A. (1991), "Villejust Tunnel: Slurry Shield Effects on Soils and Lining behaviour and Comments on Monitoring Requirement", Tunnelling'91, London. IMM, pp.65-77.
- Lambe, T.W. and Whitman, R.V. (1979), Soil Mechanics, John Wiley & Sons, pp.31.
- Pantet, A. (1991), Creusement de galeries a faible profondeur a l'aide d'un tunnelier a pression de boue; mesures in situ et etude theonique du champs de deplacements, These de doctorat, INSA, Lyon.
- PLAXIS AE (2013), Reference manual. pp.1-307.
- Terzaghi K. (1936), "Stress Distribution in Dry and Saturated Sand Above a Yielding Trap-door", Proceedings of International Conference of Soil Mechanics, Havard University, Cambridge (USA), 1, pp. 307-311.
- Thiansky, A.B. (1999), Sinkhoes, West-Central Florida, Land subsidence in the United States, U.S.Geological Survey Circular 1182, pp.121-140.
- Tsukada, Y., Miura, K., Tsubokawa, Y., Ishito, M., Nishimura, N., Otani, Y., and You, G.L. (1999), "Experimental Investigation on the Improvement of Bearing Capacity of Surface Footing with Micropiles", Proceedings of the 2nd International workshop on Micropiles, September, Ube city, Japan. pp.139-148.
- Water Journal (2014), A counterplan of ground settlement due to water supply and sewerage, Water Journal, Seoul, Vol.124, pp.66-87.
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교