- Volume 32 Issue 1
A total of 680 angiosperm plant species under 433 genera of 115 families have been recorded from the Southeast offshore Islands of Bangladesh including Nijhum Dwip, Hatiya, Sandwip, Kutubdia, Maheshkhali, Sonadia and Saint Martin's. Magnoliopsida is represented by 92 families, 344 genera and 546 species, whereas Liliopsida is represented by 23 families, 89 genera and 134 species. Habit analysis shows that herbs, shrubs, trees and climbers were represented by 331, 117, 169 and 63 species respectively. The plant diversity of the southeast offshore islands is under great risk because of many threats including natural and manmade. The aims of the present study are investigation, accumulation and documentation of the angiosperm plants of the area.
- Ahmed ZU, Begum ZNT, Hassan MA, Khondker MM, Kabir SMH, Ahmad M, Ahmed ATA, Rahman AKA, Haque EU. 2008-2009. Encyclopedia of Flora and Fauna of Bangladesh. Vols 6-10. Angiosperms, Dicotyledons. Asiatic Society of Bangladesh, Dhaka.
- Alam MS. 2012. Offshore Island. Asiatic Society of Bangladesh, Dhaka. http://en.banglapedia.org/index.php?title=Offshore_Island. Accessed 14 Dec 2013.
- Alam MS, Masum KM. 2005. Status of homestead biodiversity in the offshore island of Bangladesh. Res J Agric & Biol Sci 1: 246-253.
- Catalogue of life. 2012. Annual Checklist. http://www.catalogueoflife.org.
- Chowdhury SQ. 2012. St Martin's Island. Asiatic Society of Bangladesh, Dhaka. http://en.banglapedia.org/index.php?title= St_Martin%27s_Island. Accessed 11 Dec 2013.
- Heinig RL. 1925. List of Plants of Chittagong Collectorate and Hill Tracts. The Bengal Government Branch Press, Darjeeling, India.
- Hooker JD. 1872-1897. The Flora of British India. Vols. 1-7 (Ind. Repr. 1973). Bishen Singh Mahendra Pal Singh, Dehra Dun, India.
- Huq AM. 1986. Preliminary studies on the Angiospermic Flora of Kutubdia Island in Bangladesh. J Asiatic Soc Bangladesh (Sc) 12: 59-70.
- Huq AM. 1988. A Preliminary taxonomic report on the Angiospermic flora of Hatia Island (Noakhali district) (Dicotyledons). Khan MS (eds). Bull Bangladesh Natl Herb Dhaka 1: 1-10.
- Huq AM, Khan MS. 1984. A Preliminary taxonomic report on the angiospermic flora of Maheshkhali Island-1 (Dicotyledons). Dhaka Univ Stud B 32: 19-31.
- Islam MA. 2012. Ecologically Critical Area. Asiatic Society of Bangladesh, Dhaka. http://en.banglapedia.org/index.php?title= Ecologically_Critical_Area. Accessed 11 Nov 2013.
- Khan MS, Hassan MA, Huq AM, Rahman MM. 1984. A taxonomic report on the angiospermic flora of St. Martin's Island. Dhaka Univ Stud B 32: 71-84.
- Khan MS, Hassan A, Huq AM, Rahman MM. 1977. A preliminary report on the angiospermic flora of Sonadia Island (Chittagong district, Bangladesh). J Asiatic Soc Bangladesh (Sc) 3: 125-126.
- Khan MS, Huq AM, Rahman MM. 1985. Studies on the angiospermic flora of Nijhum Dwip (Char Osman) in the Bay of Bengal. Dhaka Univ Stud B 33: 145-151.
- Khan MS, Rahman MM, Ali MA. 2001. Red data book of vascular plants of Bangladesh. Bangladesh Natl Herbarium, Dhaka.
- Mia MMK, Rahman M. 1990. Preliminary ethnomedicinal studies at Sandwip Island of Bangladesh. In: Traditional medicine (Ghani A, ed). Jahangirnagar University, Savar, Dhaka, pp 104-108.
- Patka RWR. 1987. A preliminary report on the ecology and fauna of Nijhum Dwip, Bangladesh. J Asiatic Soc Bangladesh (Sc) 13: 31-37.
- Pasha MK, Uddin SB. 2013. Dictionary of plant names of Bangladesh (Vascular plants). Janokalyan Prokashani, Andarkilla, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
- Prain D. 1903. Bengal Plants. Vols 1 & 2 (Indian Rep 1981). Bishen Singh Mahendra Pal Singh, Dehra Dun, India.
- Rahman ML, Hasanuzzaman M, Islam MK. 2009. Fruit distribution and diversity in the homestead of a southern Island of Bangladesh. Advan Biol Res 3: 208-214.
- Rahman MO, Begum M, Ullah W. 2013. Angiosperm flora of Sadar upazila of Munshiganj district, Bangladesh. Bangladesh J Plant Taxon 20: 213-231.
- Rashid MH, Rahman E, Rahman MA. 2000. Additions to the Angiospermic Flora of the Moheskhali Island, Cox's Bazar. Bangladesh J Plant Taxon 7: 43-63.
- Rashid ME, Rahman MA. 2011. Updated nomenclature and taxonomic status of the plants of Bangladesh included in Hook. f., The Flora of British India: Volume-I. Bangladesh J Plant Taxon 18: 177-197.
- Rashid ME, Rahman MA. 2012. Updated nomenclature and taxonomic status of the plants of Bangladesh included in Hook. f., The Flora of British India: Volume-II. Bangladesh J Plant Taxon 19: 173-190.
- Sajib NH, Uddin SB. 2013a. Medico-botanical studies of Sandwip Island in Chittagong, Bangladesh. Bangladesh J Plant Taxon 20: 39-49.
- Sajib NH, Uddin SB. 2013b. Edible fruits of Swandip, Chittagong, Bangladesh. Jahangirnagar University J Biol Sci 2: 135-142.
- Sajib NH, Uddin SB, Islam MM. 2014. Angiospermic plant diversity of Subarnachar Upazila in Noakhali, Bangladesh. J Asiat Soc Bangladesh Sci 40: 39-60.
- Siddiqui KU, Islam MA, Ahmed ZU, Begum ZNT, Hassan MA, Khondker MAM, Rahman MM, Kabir SMH, Ahmad M, Ahmed ATA, Rahman AKA, Haque EU. 2007. Encyclopedia of Flora and Fauna of Bangladesh. Vol 11. Angiosperms, Monocotyledons. Asiatic Society of Bangladesh, Dhaka.
- The plant list. 2010. Version 1. http://www.theplantlist.org.