- Volume 32 Issue 1
Classified into sub-tree of the growth-form, Acer pseudosieboldianum and Carpinus cordata hardly reach the uppermost canopy with limited height growth potentiality in the natural deciduous forest. However, the two species usually dominate lower stories of the forest, playing an important role in overall ecological characteristics in the forest. Based on the vegetation data of 106
Acer pseudosieboldianum;Carpinus cordata;species association;shade tolerance index;climax index
- Hubalek Z. 1982. Coefficients of association and similarity based on binary (presence-absence) data: an evaluation. Biological Reviews 57: 669-689. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1469-185X.1982.tb00376.x
- Jin GZ, Kim JH. 2005. The analysis of successional trends by community types in the natural deciduous forest of Mt. Jumbong. J Korean For Soc 94: 387-396. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Jin GZ, Kim JH. 2006. The estimation of succession index by community types in the natural deciduous forest of Mt. Jumbong. J Korean For Soc 95: 723-728. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Jin GZ. 2002. The analysis of ecological structure and dynamics for community types in the natural deciduous forest of Mt. Chumbong area. Ph.D. Disseratation. Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, Korea. pp 139.
- Kim JH, Chung SH, Lee JM, Kim SM. 2012. The Development of Climax Index by Analysis of Eco-morphological Characters for Major Deciduous Tree Species. Journal of Forest and Environmental Science 28: 199-204. (in Korean with English abstract) https://doi.org/10.7747/JFS.2012.28.4.199
- Kim JH, Kuen KH. 1991. Analysis of inter-species association and covariation in a natural deciduous forest. J Korean For Soc 80: 360-368. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Kim JH. 1992. Analysis of successional trend by transition matrix model in the mixed broadleaved-Abies forest in Mt, Odae. J Korean For Soc 81: 325-336. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Kim JH. 1993. The estimation of climax index for broadleaved tree species by analysis of ecomorphological properties. J Korean For Soc 82: 176-187. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Kim JH. 2002. Community ecological view of the natural deciduous forest in Korea. In: Ecology of Korea. Bumwoo Publishing Company, Seoul, Korea, pp 93-104.
- Kimmins JP. 2004. Forest ecology: A foundation for sustainable forest management and environmental ehtics in forestry. 3rd ed. Pearson Education, Inc., San Francisco, USA, pp 611.
- Lee DK, Kim JH, Kwon KW, Kim GT. 2010. Silviculture. Hyangmoonsa, Seoul, Korea, pp 334.
- Lee KJ, Kwon SS, Kim JH, Kim ES. 1996. Forest Ecology. Hyangmoonsa, Seoul, Korea, pp 395.
- Lim SM, Kim JH. 2015. Classification of Forest Types and Estimation of Succession Index in the Natural Forest of Jirisan(Mt.). J Korean For Soc 104: 368-374. (in Korean with English abstract) https://doi.org/10.14578/jkfs.2015.104.3.368
- Horn HS. 1975. Markovian properties of forest succession. In: Ecology and Evolution of Communities (Cody ML, Diamond JM, eds). Belknap Press of Harvard University Press, Cambridge, Mass, pp 196-211.
- Horn HS. 1976. Succession. In: Theoretical Ecology: Principles and Applications (May RM, ed). Saunders, Philadelphia, pp 187-204.
- Lim SM. 2015. The Estimation of Succession Index for Forest Cover Types in the Natural Forest of Jirisan. MS thesis. Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, Korea. pp 65.
- Barbour MG, Burk JH, Pitts WD. 1987. Terrestrial Plant Ecology. 2nd ed. The Benjamin/Cummings Publishing Company, Inc., Menlopark, California, USA.
- Braun EL. 1950. Deciduous Forests of Eastern North America. Hafner Press, NY, USA, pp 596.
- Chung SH. 2015. The classification of forest cover types in natural forests of the Baekdudaegan, South Korea. Ph.D. Disseratation. Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, Korea. pp 140.
- Curtis JT, Mclntosh RP. 1951. An upland forest continuum in the prairie-forest border region of Wisconsin. Ecology 32: 476-496. https://doi.org/10.2307/1931725
- Hill MO. 1979. TWINSPAN: A FORTRAN Program for arranging multivariate data in an ordered Two-way table by classification of the individuals and attributes. Cornell University, Ithaca, NY.
- Lorimer CG. 1982. A test of the accuracy of shade-tolerance classifications based on physiognomic and reproductive traits. Canadian Journal of Botany 61: 1595-1598.
- Ludwig JA, Reynold JF. 1988. Statistical Ecology. John Willey & Sons, Inc., NY, pp 125-144.
- Wells PV. 1976. A climax index for broardleaf forest: an N-dimentional ecomorphological models of succession. Central Hardwood Conferance Proceeding. pp 131-176.