- Volume 21 Issue 2
This paper proposes a hierarchical routing algorithm for enhancing survivability of sensor nodes on WSAN. Proposed algorithm has two important parts. The first is a clustering algorithm that uses distance between sensor and actor, and remaining energy of sensor nodes for selecting cluster head. It will induce uniform energy consumption, and this has a beneficial effect on network lifetime. The second is an enhanced routing algorithm that uses the shortest path tree. The energy efficient routing is very important in WSAN which has energy limitation. As a result, proposed algorithm extends network and nodes lifetime through consuming energy efficiently. Simulation results show that the proposed clustering algorithm outperforms conventional routing algorithms such as VDSPT in terms of node and network life time, delay, fairness, and data transmission ratio to BS.
- W. B. Heinzelman, A. Chandrakasan, and H. Balakrishnan, "Energy Efficient Communication Protocol for Wireless Microsensor Networks," Proceedings of the Hawaii International Conference on System Science, pp.1-10, 2000.
- Dai, Z., Wang, B., Li, Z., & Yin, A., "VDSPT: A sensor-actor coordination protocol for wireless sensor and actor network based on voronoi diagram and shortest path tree". In Computer Network and Multimedia Technology, International Symposium on IEEE CNMT 2009, pp. 1-4, 2009.
- Canete, E., Díaz, M., Llopis, L., & Rubio, B., "HERO: A Hierarchical, efficient and reliable routing protocol for wireless sensor and actor networks". Computer Communications, 35(11), pp. 1392-1409, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comcom.2012.04.003
- Miorandi, D., Sicari, S., De Pellegrini, F., & Chlamtac, I., "Internet of things: Vision, applications and research challenges," Ad Hoc Networks, 10(7), 1497-1516, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.adhoc.2012.02.016
- Gungor, V. C., Akan, O. B., & Akyildiz, I. F., "A Real-Time and Reliable Transport (RT) protocol for wireless sensor and actor networks," Networking, IEEE/ACM Transactions on, 16(2), 359-370, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNET.2007.900413
- Sun, Q. B., Liu, J., Li, S., FAN, C. X., and Sun, J. J., "Internet of Things: Summarize on Concepts, Architecture and Key Technology Problem," Journal of Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, 3(3), 1-9, 2010
- Feng Xi, "QoS Challenges and Opportunities in Wireless Sensor/Actuator Networks", Sensors, 8, pp. 1099-1110, 2008.
- Nobles, P., Ali, S., & Chivers, H.. "Improved estimation of trilateration distances for indoor wireless intrusion detection," Journal of Wireless Mobile Networks, Ubiquitous Computing, and Dependable Applications, 2(1), 93-102, 2011.
- Bu, Z., Wang, B., & Shi, Z.,. "Delay Measurement in Sensor Networks Using Passive Air Monitoring". UCONN CSE Technical Report BECAT/CSE-TR-07-07, 2007.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : Chungbuk National University