- Volume 45 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Quality Characteristics of Castella with Burdock (Arctium lappa L.) Powder
우엉 분말을 첨가한 카스텔라의 품질 특성
- Tae, Mi Hwa (Department of Food and Nutrition, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Kyoung-Hee (Department of Food and Nutrition, Chungnam National University) ;
- Yook, Hong-Sun (Department of Food and Nutrition, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2015.10.12
- Accepted : 2016.01.04
- Published : 2016.02.29
The study investigated the quality characteristics of white castella prepared with 0, 10, 20, and 30% burdock (Arctium lappa L.) powder. The specific gravity and weight of castella increased with higher burdock powder content. Height and baking loss rate of castella were not significantly different among the samples. The pH of castella decreased with increasing burdock powder content, whereas
Supported by : 충남대학교
- Jeong SB, Shin MS. 1990. The oriental medicinal dictionary. Younglimsa, Seoul, Korea. p 1010-1011.
- Lee MS. 2011. Antioxidative and antimutagenic effects of Arctium lappa ethanol extract. Korean J Food & Nutr 24: 713-719. https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2011.24.4.713
- Kim MS, Lee YS, Sohn HY. 2014. Anti-thrombosis and anti-oxidative activity of the root of Arctium lappa L.. Korean J Food Preserv 21: 727-734. https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2014.21.5.727
- National Rural Living Science Institute, RDA. 2011. 8th revision food composition table. Jeonju, Korea. p 168-169.
- Shinohara K, Kuroki S, Miwa M, Kong ZL, Hosoda H. 1988. Antimutagenicity of dialyzates of vegetables and fruits. Agric Biol Chem 52: 1369-1375. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb1961.52.1369
- Maruta Y, Kawabata J, Niki R. 1995. Antioxidative caffeoylquinic acid derivatives in the roots of burdock (Arctium lappa L.). J Agric Food Chem 43: 2592-2595. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00058a007
- Lin CC, Lin JM, Yang JJ, Chuang SC, Ujiie T. 1996. Anti-inflammatory and radical scavenging effects of Arctium lappa. Am J Chin Med 24: 127-137. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0192415X96000177
- Lee MY, Shin SL, Park SH, Kim NR, Chang YD, Lee CH. 2009. Development of optimal cultivation conditions and analysis of antioxidant activities of Arctium lappa sprout vegetables. Korean J Plant Res 22: 304-311.
- Shin SY. 2011. Quality characteristics of Jochung added with burdock roots powder. MS Thesis. Myongji University, Seoul, Korea. p 2-3.
- Park BK. 2009. Quality characteristics of sulgidduk by the addition of burdock. MS Thesis. Sejong University, Seoul, Korea. p 2-7.
- Hong II, Choi SK. 2014. A study on the development of burdock gruel. Korean J Culinary Res 20: 18-26.
- Kwon YR, Youn KS. 2014. Physicochemical of burdock (Arctium lappa L) tea depending on steaming and roasting treatment. Korean J Food Preserv 21: 646-651. https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2014.21.5.646
- Kim MK, Kim WM, Lee HJ, Choi EY. 2010. Optimization of muffin preparation by addition of dried burdock (Arctium lappa L) powder and oligosaccharide by response surface methodology. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 26: 575-585.
- Park SJ, Lee KS, An HL. 2007. Effects of dropwort powder on the quality of castella. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 17: 834-839.
- Oh SC, Nam HY, Cho JS. 2002. Quality properties and sensory characteristics of sponge cakes as affected by additions of Dioscorea japonica flour. Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci 18: 185-192.
- Lee GS. 2000. Baking theory. Yangsewon, Seoul, Korea. p 51-965.
- Yi SY, Kim CS, Song YS, Park JH. 2001. Studies on the quality characteristics of sponge cakes with addition of yam powders. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 30: 48-55.
- Yoon SY, Choi JS, Lee SY, Kim KBWR, Song EJ, Kim SJ, Lee SJ, Lee CJ, Kim TW, Ahn DH. 2009. Effect of Morus alba root bark, Ecklonia stolonifera, and Curcuma aromatica extracts on shelf-life and quality of castella. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 38: 1444-1451. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.10.1444
- Choi SN, Kim HJ, Joo MK, Chung NY. 2013. Quality characteristics of castella prepared by substituting sugar with stevia leaf powder. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 29: 153-160. https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2013.29.2.153
- Ronda F, Gomez M, Blanco CA, Caballero PA. 2005. Effects of polyols and nondisgestible oligosaccharides on the quality of sugar-free sponge cakes. Food Chem 90: 549-555. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2004.05.023
- AACC. 2000. Approved method of the AACC. 10th ed. American Association of Cereal Chemists, St. Paul, MN, USA. p 10-91.
- Song YK. 2013. Quality characteristics of sponge cake with added lotus leaf powder. Korean J Food Culture 28: 651-656. https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC/2013.28.6.651
- Park JS, Lee YJ, Chun SS. 2010. Quality characteristics of sponge cake added with banana powder. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 39: 1509-1515. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2010.39.10.1509
- An HK, Hong GJ, Lee EJ. 2010. Properties of sponge cake with added saltwort (Salicornia herbacea L.). Korean J Food Culture 25: 47-53.
- Lee S, Lee JH. 2013. Quality of sponge cakes supplemented with cinnamon. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 42: 650-654. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2013.42.4.650
- Lee JH, Kwak EJ, Kim JS, Lee YS. 2007. Quality characteristics of sponge cake added with mesangi (Capsosiphon fulvescens) powder. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 23: 83-89.
- Lee SE, Lee JH. 2013. Quality and antioxidant properties of sponge cakes incorporated with pine leaf powder. Korean J Food Sci Technol 45: 53-58. https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2013.45.1.53
- Lee JH, Son SM. 2011. Quality of sponge cakes incorporated with yacon powder. Food Eng Prog 15: 269-275.
- Hwang DJ, Kim JS. 2015. Physicochemical properties of dried burdock (Arctium lappa L.) powder in the peeling process. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 25: 902-910. https://doi.org/10.17495/easdl.2015.10.25.5.902
- Chalcarz W, Urbanowicz M, Pawlak M. 1984. Evaluation of technological use of pomaces obtained at the production of juice from burdock (Succus bardanae). Herba Pol 30: 109-130.
- Jeong CH, Shim KH. 2004. Quality characteristics of sponge cakes with addition of Pleurotus eryngii mushroom powders. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 33: 716-722. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2004.33.4.716
- Kweon BM, Jeon SW, Kim DS. 2003. Quality characteristics of sponge cake with addition of laver powder. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 32: 1278-1284. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.8.1278
- Lee SY, Choi JS, Choi MO, Cho SH, Kim KBWR, Lee WH, Park SM, Ahn DH. 2006. Effect of extract from Glycyorrhiza uralensis and Curcula longa on shelf-life and quality of bread. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 35: 912-918. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2006.35.7.912
- Jeon JR, Kim J. 2004. Properties on the quality characteristics and microbial change during storage added with extracts from Ulmus cortex. Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci 20: 180-186.
- Kim CS. 1994. The role of ingredients and thermal setting in high-ratio layer cake systems. J Korean Soc Food Nutr 23: 520-529.
- Lee JH, Son SM. 2011. Effect of Cudrania tricuspidata leaf powder addition on the quality of sponge cakes. Food Eng Prog 15: 376-381.
- Quality Characteristics of Cookie with Burdock (Arctium lappa L.) Powder vol.33, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2017.33.3.325