- Volume 45 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Preparation and Quality Characterization of Low Sugar Sansuyu Jam Using Fresh Corni fructus
산수유를 이용한 저당 산수유잼의 제조 및 품질 특성
- Park, Su-Jin (Gurye Wild Flower Institute) ;
- Lee, Gyeong-Eun (Gurye Wild Flower Institute) ;
- Kim, Yong-Joo (Gurye Wild Flower Institute) ;
- Jeong, Ji-Suk (Gurye Wild Flower Institute)
- Received : 2015.10.15
- Accepted : 2015.11.21
- Published : 2016.02.29
Corni fructus is often distributed or processed in the form of dried fruit. However, Corni fructus is hard to develop due to its distinctive sour, bitter, and astringent taste. The aim of this study was to develop a puree to broaden the utilization of fresh Corni fructus. Manufacturing and quality characteristics of Sansuyu jam made from puree were investigated. Seeded Corni fructus pulp consisted of 20 to 26% whole fruit. The moisture and sugar contents of pulp were 52~63% and
Supported by : 한국산업기술진흥원
- Ministry of Health & Welfare, Korea Centers for Disease Control & Prevention. 2014. Korea Health Statistics 2013: Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Ministry of Health & Welfare, Korea Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, Cheongiu, Korea. p 455.
- Statistics Korea. 2014. Report of the census on establishments. Statistics Korea, Daejeon, Korea. p 273.
- Kim MY, Chun SS. 2000. The effects of fructo-oligosaccharide on the quality characteristics of strawberry jam. Korean J Soc Food Sci 16: 530-537.
- Kim JS, Kang EJ, Chang YE, Lee JH, Kim GC, Kim KM. 2013. Characteristics of strawberry jam containing strawberry puree. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 29: 725-731. https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2013.29.6.725
- Lee SM. 2014. Quality characteristics of apple jam added with ginger. Korean J Culinary Res 20: 79-88.
- Rho JO, Park HJ, Lee YS. 2011. Quality characteristics of pear jam with added ginger powder. Korean J Food & Nutr 24: 159-165. https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2011.24.2.159
- Hou WN, Kim MH. 1998. Processing of low sugar jams from fig pulp treated with pectinesterase. Korean J Food Sci Technol 30: 125-131.
- Kim JW, Lee GH, Hur JW. 2006. Quality characteristics of citron jam made with frozen citron in Korea. Korean J Food Sci Technol 38: 197-201.
- Jin TY, Heo SI, Lee WG, Lee IS, Wang MH. 2008. Manufacturing characteristics and physicochemical component analysis of Bokbunja (Rubus coreanus Miquel) jam. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 37: 48-52. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.1.48
- Kim MH, Kim SM, Kim MR. 2010. Quality characteristics and antioxidant activities of black garlic jam prepared with fructooligosaccharide. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 20: 916-922.
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety. 2013. Korean Food Standard Codex: Food-specific standards and specifications. Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, Cheongju, Korea. p 5-4-1.
- Kim M, Yoon S, Jung M, Choe E. 2008. Effects of sugars and pectin on the quality characteristics of low sugar wild vine (Vitis coignetiea) jam. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 24: 206-211.
- Song IS, Lee KM, Kim MR. 2004. Quality characteristics of pumpkin jam when sucrose was replaced with oligosaccharides during storage. Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci 20: 279-286.
- Hwang ES, Tai ND. 2014. Quality characteristics and antioxidant activities of aronia jam replacing sucrose with different sugar substances. Korean J Food & Nutr 27: 888-896. https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2014.27.5.888
- Kim YS. 2005. Antimicrobial activity of yacon K-23 and manufacture of functional yacon jam. Korean J Food Sci Technol 37: 1035-1038.
- Lee H, Do JR, Kwon JH, Kim HK. 2012. Physiological properties of Corni fructus extracts based on their extraction condition. Korean J Food Preserv 19: 271-277. https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2012.19.2.271
- Yamabe N, Kang KS, Goto E, Tanaka T, Yokozawa T. 2007. Beneficial effect of Corni Fructus, a constituent of Hachimi-jio-gan, on advanced glycation end-product-mediated renal injury in streptozotocin-treated diabetic rats. Biol Pharm Bull 30: 520-526. https://doi.org/10.1248/bpb.30.520
- Tian G, Zhang T, Yang F, Ito Y. 2000. Separation of gallic acid from Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc by high-speed counter-current chromatography. J Chromatogr A 886: 309-312. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(00)00480-5
- Hatano T, Ogawa N, Kira R, Yasuhara T, Okuda T. 1989. Tannins of cornaceous plants. I. Cornusiins A, B and C, dimeric monomeric and trimeric hydrolyzable tannins from Cornus officinalis, and orientation of valoneoyl group in related tannins. Chem Pharm Bull 37: 2083-2090. https://doi.org/10.1248/cpb.37.2083
- Seo KI, Lee SW, Yang KH. 1999. Antimicrobial and antioxidative activities of Corni Fructus extracts. Korean J Postharvest Sci Technol 6: 99-103.
- Joo HK. 1988. Study on development of tea by utilizing Lycium chinense and Cornus officinalis. Korean J Dietary Culture 3: 377-383.
- Lee SJ, Kim EH, Lee HG. 2008. Development of rice wines using Cornus officinalis and Scutellaria baicalensish, respectively by antioxidant activity tests. Korean J Food Sci Technol 40: 21-30.
- Oh HS, Kim JH. 2006. Development of functional soybased stew sauce including hot water extract of Cornus officinalis S. et Z. Korean J Food Culture 21: 550-558.
- Park JS, Lee JS. 2011. The promoting effect of Cornus officinalis fermented with Lactobacillus rhamnosus on hair growth. Kor J Pharmacogn 42: 260-264.
- Kang BS, Kim JI, Moon SW. 2012. Quality characteristics of yogurt added with Sansuyu (Corni Fructus) extracts. Korean J Culinary Res 18: 180-190.
- Kim HK, Jin HH, Lee MS, Lee SJ. 2013. Quality characteristics of Sulgidduk added with Corni fructus powder. Food Eng Prog 17: 105-111. https://doi.org/10.13050/foodengprog.2013.17.2.105
- Shin JW, Shin GM. 2008. Quality of white pan bread as affected by various concentrations of Corni fructus powder. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 18: 1007-1013.
- Ko HC. 2010. Quality characteristics of sugar snap-cookie with added Cornus fructus. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 20: 957-962.
- Jeong JS, Kim YJ, Choi BR, Lee JA, Go GB, Son BG, Gang SW, An SH. 2014. Quality characteristics of muffin with added Corni fructus powder. Korean J Food Cook Sci 30: 726-734. https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2014.30.6.726
- Kim HS, Lee MS, Cha YS. 2005. The latest nutritional biochemistry experiments. Kyomunsa, Seoul, Korea. p 54-55.
- Singleton VL, Rossi Jr JA. 1965. Colorimetry of total phenolics with phosphomolybdic-phosphotungstic acid reagents. Am J Enol Vitic 16: 144-158.
- Shin KS. 1999. Various pharmacological activities of pectin and its potential application. Food Science and Industry 32(2): 91-101.
- Lee YC, Kim YE, Lee BY, Kim CJ. 1992. Chemical compositions of Corni Fructus and separating properties of its flesh by drying. Korean J Food Sci Technol 24: 447-450.
- Choi IS, Moon YS, Kwak EJ. 2012. Composition of resveratrol and other bioactive compounds, and antioxidant activities in different mulberry cultivars. Kor J Hort Sci Technol 30: 301-307.
- Jakobek L, Seruga M, Medvidovic-Kosanovic M, Novak I. 2007. Anthocyanin content and antioxidant activity of various red fruit juices. Deutsche Lebensmittel-Rundschau 103: 58-64.
- Song JC, Park NK, Hur HS, Bang MH, Baek NI. 2000. Examination and isolation of natural antioxidants from Korean medicinal plants. Korean J Medicinal Crop Sci 8: 94-101.
- Kim HJ, Cha JY, Choi ML, Cho YS. 2000. Antioxidative activities by water-soluble extracts of Morus alba and Cudrania tricuspidata. J Korean Soc Agric Chem Biotechnol 43: 148-152.
- Lee EY, Jang MS. 2009. Optimization of ingredients for the preparation of Chinese quince (Chaenomelis sinensis) jam by mixture design. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 38: 935-945. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.7.935
- Cha HS, Park YK, Park JS, Park MW, Jo JS. 1999. Changes in firmness, mineral composition and pectic substances of mume (Prunus mume Sieb. et Zucc) fruits during maturation. Korean J Postharvest Sci Technol 6: 488-494.
- Kang MJ, Koh KS, Koh JS. 2000. Changes in pectin of Satsuma mandarin during ripening and storage. Korean J Postharvest Sci Technol 7: 38-43.
- Quality Characteristics of Pudding Using Fruit of Corni Fructus and Vaccinium Oldhamii Miq. vol.32, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2016.32.3.316