- Volume 45 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Quality Characteristics of Umbilicaria esculenta Yakju Added with Grapefruit Seed Extract during Storage
자몽씨 추출물을 첨가한 석이버섯주의 저장 중 품질 특성
- Kang, Hae-Young (Department of Food and Nutrition, Chungnam National University) ;
- Lee, Sang-Kwon (Seok Yee Won) ;
- Ly, Sun-Yung (Department of Food and Nutrition, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2015.10.05
- Accepted : 2015.12.08
- Published : 2016.02.29
This study was performed to investigate changes in characteristics of Umbilicaria esculenta Yakju added with 0.5% and 1% grapefruit seed extracts (GSE) during storage for 75 days at
Supported by : 충남대학교
- Lee JB, Lee JS. Kim MH. 2012. Physicochemical and sensory characteristics of Yakju fermented with different ratios of dandelion (Taraxacum platycarpum) root powder. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 41: 834-839. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2012.41.6.834
- Kim MJ, Kim BH, Ham JW, Lee SY, Kim KS. 2011. Analysis of quality properties and fermentative microbial profiles of Takju and Yakju brewed with of without teaming process. J Fd Hyg Safety 26: 64-69.
- Lee JO, Kim CJ. 2011. The influence of adding buckwheat sprouts on the fermentation characteristics of Yakju. Korean J Food Culture 26: 72-79.
- Kang MY, Park YS, Mok CK. Chang HG. 1998. Improvement of shelf-life of Yakju by membrane filtration. Korean J Food Sci Technol 30: 1134-1139.
- Kim SH, Suh MC. 2010. Effects of the combination of Umbilicaria esculenta extract and anticancer drugs on human cancer cells. MS Thesis. Korea Polytechnic University, Siheung, Korea.
- Alexopoulos CJ, Mims CW. 1979. Introductory mycology. John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA. p 573-587.
- Herbert RA. 1992. A perspective on the biotechnological potential of extremophiles. Trends Biotechnol 10: 395-402. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-7799(92)90282-Z
- Du YQ, Liu Y, Wang JH. 2015. Polysaccharides from Umbilicaria esculenta cultivated in Huangshan Mountain and immunomodulatory activity. Int J Biol Macromol 72: 1272-1276. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2014.09.057
- Kim HS, Kim JY, Lee HK, Kim MS, Lee SR, Kang JS, Kim HM, Lee KA, Hong JT, Kim Y, Han SB. 2010. Dendritic cell activation by glucan isolated from Umbilicaria esculenta. Immune Netw 10: 188-197. https://doi.org/10.4110/in.2010.10.6.188
- Lee JS, Min GH, Lee JS. 2009. Nutritional and physicochemical characteristics of the antidementia acetylcholinesterase-inhibiting methanol extracts from Umbilicaria esculenta. Mycobiology 37: 203-206. https://doi.org/10.4489/MYCO.2009.37.3.203
- Kim MS, Lee KA. 2006. Antithrombotic activity of methanolic extract of Umbilicaria esculenta. J Ethnopharmacol 105: 342-345. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jep.2005.11.011
- Wang Y, Shao J, Yao S, Zhang S, Yan J, Wang H, Chen Y. 2014. Study on the antithrombotic activity of Umbilicaria esculenta polysaccharide. Carbohydr Polym 105: 231-236. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbpol.2014.01.082
- Jeong EJ. 1998. Antioxidative and nitrite-scavenging effects of solvent extracts from Gyrophora esculenta. Korean J Food & Nutr 4: 426-430.
- Cho SH, Seo IW, Choi JD, Joo IS. 1990. Antimicrobial and antioxidant activity of grapefruit and seed extract on fishery products. Bull Korean Fish Soc 23: 289-296.
- Cho S, Lee SY, Kim JW, Ko GH, Seo IW. 1995. Development and application of natural antimicrobial agent isolated from grapefruit and seed extract-antimicrobial activities of grapefruit and seed extract-. J Fd Hyg Safety 10: 33-39.
- Reagor L, Gusman J, McCoy L, Carino E, Heggers JP. 2002. The effectiveness of processed grapefruit and seed extract as an antibacterial agent. J Altern Complement Med 8: 325-332. https://doi.org/10.1089/10755530260128014
- Xiong H, Li Y, Slavik MF, Walker JT. 1998. Spraying chicken skin with selected chemicals to reduce attached Salmonella typhimurium. J Food Prot 61: 272-275. https://doi.org/10.4315/0362-028X-61.3.272
- Chio OK, Noh YC, Hwang WY. 2000. Antimicrobial activity of grapefruit and seed extracts and polylysine mixture against food-borne pathogens. Korean J Dietary Culture 15: 9-15.
- Giamperi L, Fraternale D, Bucchini A, Ricci D. 2004. Antioxidant activity of Citrus paradisi seeds glyceric extract. Fitoterapia 75: 221-224. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fitote.2003.12.010
- Sato M, Ramarathnam N, Suzuki Y, Ohkubo T, Takeuchi M, Ochi H. 1996. Varietal differences in the phenolic content and superoxide radical scavenging potential of wines from different sources. J Agric Food Chem 44: 37-41. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf950190a
- Chang CC, Yang MH, Wen HM, Chern JC. 2002. Estimation of total flavonoid content in propolis by two complementary colorimetric methods. J Food Drug Anal 10: 178-182.
- Park HJ, Kim KY, Jeong HS. 2009. Quality changes of jujube wine hydrostatic pressure and freezing treatment during storage. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 38: 89-97. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.1.089
- Mok C, Lee JY, Chang HG. 1997. Quality changes of nonsterilized Yakju during storage and its shelf-life estimation. Food Eng Prog 1: 192-197.
- Bae SM. 2002. Processing technology of Korean traditional alcoholic beverage. Baesangmyun's Research Lab., Seoul, Korea. p 120-220.
- Min YK, Choi JG. 1994. Fermentation characteristics of some medicinal herb rice wine. Agric Chem Biotechnol 37: 175-181.
- Cho IK, Huh CK, Kim YD. 2010. Quality characteristics of yakju (a traditional Korean beverage) after addition of different tissues of Opuntia ficus indica from Shinan, Korea. Korean J Food Preserv 17: 36-41.
- Lee IS, Yang EJ, Jeong YJ, Seo JH. 1999. Fermentation process and physiochemical characteristics of Yakju (Korean cleared rice wine) with addition of ginseng powder. Korean J Postharvest Sci Technol 6: 463-468.
- Kim JY, Koh JS. 2004. Fermentation characteristics of Jeju foxtail millet-wine by isolated alcoholic yeast and saccharifying mold. J Korean Soc Appl Biol Chem 47: 85-91.
- Kim CJ. 1963. Studies on the quantitative changes of organic acid and sugars during the fermentation of Takju. J Korean Agric Chem Soc 4: 33-42.
- Cho KS, Jeong EY, Choi HS, Kim MK. 2012. Brewing and quality characteristics of Schisandra chinensis Yakju. J Appl Biol Chem 55: 163-167. https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2012.025
- Kang SG, Yang EY, Jo GH, Park YK, Jung ST. 2008. Brewing and quality characteristics of Korean traditional grape wine. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 37: 1030-1038. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.8.1030