- Volume 20 Issue 2
The stability of DGPS signal in the DGPS service area was measured and the service availability according to the receiving signal strength was analyzed in this paper. Based on the effects of radio wave propagation in the seasons of winter and summer, daytime and night, the method to provide the DGPS service coverage was presented in this paper. The signal's strength of DGPS radio wave were measured at a constant distance from the DGPS reference station during a constant period. The propagation of DGPS radio wave is affected by status of ground conductivity, so the DGPS service area is dependant on the ground conductivity. To provide the stable service coverage, it is necessary to apply the adaptive power control for receiving signal's variations and the antenna design for alleviation of high elevation's radiation.
DGPS;DGPS reference station;DGPS signal's stability;DGPS service coverage
- National Maritime PNT Office, http://www.ndgps.go.kr
- N.DeMinco, "Ground-wave analysis model for MR broadcasting systems," NTIA Report 86-203, 1986.
- Jeong Ki, Kim, Broadcasting Antenna and Radio Propagation WooSin Press, 1994.
- Young wan Kim, "Service Coverage Enhancement due to Output Power of Korean Land-based DGPS," Journal of Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 2059-2064, 2011. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2011.15.10.2059
- Ronglong Li, "The accuracy of Norton's empirical approximations for groundwave attenuation," IEEE Trans. on AP., vol. 31, no. 4, pp.624-628, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.1983.1143096
- Young wan Kim, "Antenna Radiation Efficiency of the Korean NDGPS Based on Radiation Power Measurements," Journal of information and communication convergence engineering, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 97-102, 2012. https://doi.org/10.6109/jicce.2012.10.2.097