- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Characteristics of Radiated Electromagnetic Fields From A Cylindrical Cavity
원통형 캐비티에서 방출되는 방사 전자파 특성
- Received : 2015.10.21
- Accepted : 2015.12.14
- Published : 2016.02.29
This paper, presents the characteristics of electromagnetic fields radiated from a pole-transformer. The cylindrical cavity is used to measure electromagnetic fields radiated from a pole-transformer when partial discharge occures inside the pole-transformer. The theoretical analysis is conducted by a finite difference time domain (FDTD) method. As a result, frequency characteristics of the radiated electromagnetic waves emitted from the inside the cavity to the outside through the 1st and 2nd bushings could be observed for the configuration of the cylindrical cavity with a radiation window. The frequency characteristics of electromagnetic field are also studied according to the enclosure structure of the cylindrical cavity. To verify the theoretical analysis, computed results are compared to experimental results.
Electromagnetic fields;Cylindrical cavity;Partial discharge;Pole-transformer
- Jae-Tae Song, Seung-Cheol Jung, Chang-Hwan Lee, Bu-Jeon Park, "The study of method for the diagnosis of transformers trouble", ICCAS 2001. Oct. 2001.
- Seung-Hwan Lee, Hak-Jun O, Seung-Sik Sin, Man-Su Yun, Chan-Su Jeong, "Development of Diagnostic Algorithm Using Location of PD at Transformer", Trans. KIEE. pp 2178-2180, July 2001.
- M. D. Judd, L. Yang and I. B. B. Hunter,"Partial Discharge Monitoring for Power Transformers Using UHF Sensors Part-2: Field Experience, IEEE Electr. Insul. Mag., vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 5-13, 2005.
- Sang-Hun Lee, Gwang-Seo Park, Chung-Nyeon Kim, Hyeon-Dong Lee, Hyeon-Jik Song, Ki-Chai Kim, Gwang-Sik Lee, Dong-In Lee, "The Fundamental Study About Partial Discharge Detection With The Radiated Electromagnetic Wave Characteristics", Trans. KIEE, vol. 49c, no. 7, pp. 412-417, July 2000.
- Jong-Ho Seon, Sang-Hwa Lee, Gang-Hwa Kim, "Basic Research Electromagnetic Wave Method for PD Detection in Power Transformers", 2004 Trans. KIEE. pp 1879-1881, July 2004.
Supported by : Small and Medium Business Administration