- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Buffer-Aided Successive Relaying Technique with a Priori Decoding Information
선행 복호 정보를 활용한 버퍼기반 연쇄적 중계 기법
Lee, Byeong Su;Jung, Bang Chul;Ban, Tae-Won
- Received : 2015.11.13
- Accepted : 2015.12.21
- Published : 2016.02.29
In this paper, we propose a novel relay selection technique which utilizes a priori decoding information at relays for buffer-aided successive relaying networks. In the conventional relaying schemes, a single relay pair is selected for receiving data from the source and transmitting data to the destination. In the proposed technique, however, all relays except the relay selected for transmitting data to the destination try to decode the received signal from the source, and they store the data if they succeed decoding. The proposed technique selects the relay such that it can succeed its own transmission and it maximizes the number of relays successfully decoding the data from the source at the same time. It is shown that the proposed relaying technique significantly outperforms the conventional buffer-aided relaying schemes in terms of outage probability through extensive computer simulations.
Cooperative Communications;Buffer-Aided Relay Networks;Relay Selection;Interference Cancellation
- J. N. Laneman and G. W. Worness, "Distributed space time coded protocols for exploiting cooperative diversity in wireless networks," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 59, pp.2415-2525, Oct. 2003.
- A. Bletsas, H. Shin, M. Z. Win, and A. Lippman, "Cooperative diversity with opportunistic relaying," in Proc. of IEEE WCNC 2006, Nov. 2006.
- T. W. Ban, B. C. Jung, W. Choi, and D. K. Sung, "Performance analysis of two relay selection schemes for cooperative diversity," in Proc. of IEEE PIMRC, Sep. 2007.
- B. Xia, Y. Fan, J. Thompson, and H. V. Poor, "Buffering in a three-node relay network," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 7, no. 11, pp. 4492-4496, Nov. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/T-WC.2008.070867
- N. Zlatanov, R. Schober, and P. Popovski, "Throughput and diversity gain of buffer-aided relaying," in Proc. of IEEE GLOBECOM, Dec. 2011.
- A. Bletsas, A. Khisti, D. Reed, and A. Lippman, "A simple cooperative diversity method based on network path selection," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 659-672, Mar. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSAC.2005.862417
- A. Ikhlef, D. S. Michalopoulos, and R. Schober, "Max-max relay selection for relays with buffers," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 11, no. 3, pp.1124-1135, Mar. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2012.011012.110682
- I. Krikidis, T. Charalambous, and J. Thompson, "Buffer-aided relay selection for cooperative diversity systems without delay constraints," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 1957-1967, May. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2012.032712.111970
- A. Ikhlef, J. Kim, and R. Schober, "Mimicking full-duplex relaying using half-duplex relays with buffers," IEEE Trans. Vehic. Tech., vol.61, no.7, pp. 3025-3037, Sep. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2012.2201189
- N. Nomikos, T. Charalmbous, I. Krikidis, D. N. Skoutas, D. Vouyioukas and M. Johansson, "Buffer-aided successive opportunistic relaying with inter-relay interference cancellation," in Proc. of IEEE PIMRC, Sep. 2013.
- N. Nomikos, D. Vouyioukas, T. Charalambous, I. krikidis, P. Makris, D. N. Skoutas, M. Johansson and C. Skianis, "Joint relay-pair selection for buffer-aided successive opportunistic relaying," Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 823-834, Mar. 2015.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)