- Volume 20 Issue 2
In this paper, a logic eFuse (electrical Fuse) OTP (One-Time Programmable) memory IP (Intellectual Property) using only logic transistors to reduce the development cost and period of OTP memory IPs is designed. To secure the reliability of other IPs than the OTP memory IP, a higher voltage of 2,4V than VDD (=1.5V) is supplied to only eFuse links of eFuse OTP memory cells directly through an external pad FSOURCE coming from test equipment in testing wafers. Also, an eFuse OTP memory cell of which power is supplied through FSOURCE and hence the program power is increased in a two-dimensional memory array of 128 rows by 8 columns being also able to make the decoding logic implemented in small area. The layout size of the designed 1kb eFuse OTP memory IP with the Dongbu HiTek's 110nm CIS process is
Logic eFuse;OTP;external program volta;small area
- Comparison of Embedded Non-Volatile Memory Technologies and Their Applications[Internet]. Available: http://www.kilopass.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/comparison_of_embedded_nvm.pdf.
- EMBEDDED NON -VOLATILE MEMORY[Internet]. Available: http://www.umc.com/english/pdf/eNVM_DM.pdf.
- APPLICATION[Internet]. Available: http://www.sidense.com/applications.
- T. H. Kim, L. Z. Li, O. Y. Shim, M. H. Park, P. B. Ha, and Y. H. Kim, "Design of Synchronous 256-bit OTP Memory," KIMICS, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 1227-1234, July 2008.
- G. S. Cho, M. Y. Kim, M. C. Kang, J. H. jang, P. B. Ha, and Y. H. Kim, "Design of an 8-Bit eFuse One-Time Programmable Memory IP Using an External Voltage," KIMICS, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 183-190, Jan. 2009.
- J. Safran, A. Leslie, G. Fredeman, C. Kothandaraman, A. Cestero, X. Chen, R. Rajeevakumar, D. K. Kim, Y. Z. Li, D. Moy, N. Robson, T. Kirihata, and S. Iyer, "A Compact eFuse Programmable Array Memory for SOI CMOS," Digest of Technical Papers, Symposium on VLSI Circuits, pp. 72-73, Jun. 2007.
- J. H. Kim, J. H. Jang, L. Y. Jin, P. B. Ha, and Y. H. Kim, "Design of low-power OTP memory IP and its measurement," KIMICS, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 2541-2547, Nov. 2010.
- S. H. Kulkarni, Z. Chen, B. Srinivasan, B. Pedersen, U. Bhattacharya, and K. Zhang, "Low-Voltage Metal-Fuse Technology Featuring a 1.6V-Programmable 1T1R Bit Cell with an Integrated 1V Charge Pump in 22nm Tri-Gate Process," Digest of Technical Papers, Symposium on VLSI Circuits, pp. C174-C175, Jun. 2015.
- G. Uhlmann, T. Aipperspach, T. Kirihata, Chandrasekharan, Kothandaraman, Y. Z. Li, C. Paone, B. Reed, N. Robson, J. Safran, D. Schmitt, and S. Iyer, "A Commercial Field-Programmable Dense eFUSE Array Memory with 99.999% Sense Yield for 45nm SOI CMOS," Digest of Technical Papers, IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference, pp. 406-407, Feb. 2008.
- T. Kirihata et al, Electronic Fuse Cell and Array, U.S. Patent 0253220, Armonk, N.Y., 2014.
- J. H. Kim, D. H. Kim, L. Y. Jin, P. B. Ha, and Y. H. Kim, "Design of 1-Kb eFuse OTP Memory IP with Reliability Considered," Journal of Semiconductor Technology and Science, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 88-94, June 2011. https://doi.org/10.5573/JSTS.2011.11.2.088
- J. H. Jang, L. Y. Jin, H. G, Jeon, K. I. Kim, P. B. Ha, and Y. H. Kim, "Design of an 8-bit Differential Paired eFuse OTP Memory IP Reducing Sensing Resistance," J. Cent. South Univ.,vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 168-173, Jan. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11771-012-0987-4
Supported by : Changwon National University