- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Meta-Analysis of Influencing Factors on Purchase Intention in Social Network Service Environment Utilized Big Data Analysis
빅 데이터 분석을 활용한 소셜 네트워크 서비스 환경에서 구매의도에 관한 메타분석
Nam, Soo-tai;Jin, Chan-yong
- Received : 2015.10.26
- Accepted : 2015.12.06
- Published : 2016.02.29
This study will find meaningful independent variables for criterion variables that affect influencing on purchase intention in social network service, on the basis of the results of a meta-analysis. We reviewed a total of 29 studies related purchase intention in social network service published in Korea journals between 2005 and 2015, where a cause and effect relationship is established between variables that are specified in the conceptual model of this study. The result of the meta-analysis might be summarized that the highest effect size (r = .455) is the path from the satisfaction to the purchase intention. The second biggest effect size (r = .398) was found in the path between the word of mouth to the purchase intention. Next, the effect size (r = .386) in the path from the trust to the purchase intention showed very lower. Finally, the result of the meta analysis can be concluded that lower effect size (r = .342) Further, the predictive variables of this study have power of explanation about 22%-12% or more. Based on these findings, several theoretical and practical implications were suggested and discussed.
Big data;Social network service;Social commerce;Meta analysis;Purchase intention
- A. T. Stephen & O. Toubia, "Deriving Value from Social Commerce Networks," Journal of Marketing Research, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 215-228, Apr. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkr.47.2.215
- J. Y. Park & H. J. Yoo, "Consumers' Purchase Intention and Satisfaction of Social Commerce - Focused on Price Effect," J. of Human Ecology, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 233-247, Nov. 2014.
- J. H. Lee, "The Effects of Selection Attributes and Purchase Intention by Consumption Tendency of Social Commerce User's," The e-Business Studies, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 285-308, Aug. 2013. https://doi.org/10.15719/geba.14.3.201308.285
- E. K. Han, S. J. Song & H. N. Lim, "The Motives for Using Social Commerce and Satisfaction, Repurchase Intention - Based on the Uses and Gratification Theory," The Korean Journal of Advertising and Public Relations, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 298-325, Jul. 2011.
- S. T. Nam, C. Y. Jin & J. S. Sim, "A Meta-analysis of the Relationship between Mediator Factors and Purchasing Intention in E-commerce Studies," J. lnf. Commun. Converg. Eng., vol. 12, no. pp. 257-262, Dec. 2014.
- S. Y. Baek, "A Meta-Analysis for Exploring Moderators of the Relationship between Online Trust and Purchase Intention," The Journal of Industrial Innovation, vol.27, no. 3. pp. 139-167, Sep. 2011.
- S. T. Nam, K. S. Yang & C. Y. Jin, "A Meta-analysis of Relationship among Satisfaction, Trust, and Loyalty in E-commerce," J. Korea Inst. Inf. Commun. Eng., vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 1711-1718, Jul. 2015. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2015.19.7.1711
- G. V. Glass, "Primary, Secondary, and Meta-analysis of Research," Educational Researcher, vol. 5, no. 10, pp. 3-8, Nov. 1976.
- S. S. Oh, Meta-analysis - theory and Practice, Konkuk University Publication, 2009.
- R. G. Orwin, "A Fail-safe N for Effect Size," Journal of Educational Statistics, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 157-159, Apr. 1983.