- Volume 20 Issue 2
This paper studied on the influence of naval vessel shape on vertical magnetic field after the vessel was demagnetized. The triangular shape, the rectangular shape and circular shape were adaped from vessel's structual drawings. Magneto-static FEM analysis was performed to obtain the iduced magnetic field due to earth magnetic field for those shapes. During demagnetization process, magnetic field of residual magnetization was observed. The holizontal and vertical magnetic field were calculated depending on vertical bias magnetic field through magnetc component seperation. To demagnetize naval vessel ship, demagnetizing coils shoud be wound more finely in the vow and stern of the ship than it should be in the mid-part of the ship.
demagnetization effect;naval vessel shape;vertical magnetization;othogonal magnetic field
- Ki-Chan Kim, Kwan-Seop Yoon, Chang-Seob Yang, Kwang-Ho SHin, Hae-Yong Jeong, and Young-Hak Kim "Remnant Magnetization Prediction in the Demagnetization Process by Orthogonal Magnetic Field," IEEE Transaction on Magnetics, vol.47, no 10, pp.4360-4363, October 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2011.2157812
- T. M. Baynes, "Comparison of Stepwise Demagnetization Techniques," IEEE Transaction on Magnetics, vol. 38, no.4, pp.1753-1758, July 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2002.1017767
- Y.H. Kim and J. Doh,"A Study on Initial Susceptibility for the Prediction of Vertical Magnetization in Flash D Demagnetization", Jounal of the KIMST, vol. 17 no. 5 pp.585-590, October 2014.
- Y. Bi and D. C. Jiles, "Measurement and Modeling of Husteresis I Magnetic materials under the actio fo an orthogonal bias field", IEEE Transaction on Magnetics, vol. 35, no.5, pp.3787-3789, September 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.800665
- D. C. Jiles, Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, p 50, 2nd Ed, Chap man & Hall, 1993.
- Y.H. Kim and J. Doh,"Investigation on the component separation of magnetic signal generated form a ferromagnetic vessel", JKIICE, vol. 18, no. 18 pp.2051-2056, August 2014.
Supported by : Pukyong National University