- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Iot based Indoor Air Quality Monitoring System
Iot 기반 실내 공기오염 측정 시스템
- Received : 2015.08.26
- Accepted : 2015.10.22
- Published : 2016.02.28
Many people interested in indoor air quality monitoring since they spend a majority of their time indoors such as homes and offices. This paper proposes the effective indoor air quality monitoring system and it can gauge carbon dioxide, particulate matter and VOCs(Volatile Organic Compounds) which can be harmful to humans. The proposed system is composed of three main modules which are device, web server, and mobile application. In order to evaluate the performance, we tested two cases which are candle and smoke. We monitor the condition of indoor air quality with our mobile application. Also, we developed the information graphics to compare the condition of air quality between indoor and outdoor and this mobile application improves usability.
Internet of Things;Particulate Matter;Indoor Air Quality
Supported by : 한밭대학교
- Ministry of Environment, Environmental Epidemiology and the National Institute of Environmental Research Report, 2014.01.22.
- Yunsin Kim, Indoor Environmental Science Topics, Xinguang Publisher, 2010.
- Republic of Korea Ministry of Environment, A Study on Indoor Air Pollution Characterization and Management, Final Report, 2002.
- K. W. Kim, H. D. Jun, and J. C. Park, "A study on the survey Indoor Environment in Child Care Center," Proceeding of 2009 Architectural Institute of Korea, Vol.29, No.1, pp.705-708, 2009(10).
- S. P. Lee, "A Study on the Selectivity of Gas Sensors by Sensing Pattern Recognition," Journal of Sensor Science and Technology, Vol.20, No.6, pp.428-433, 2011(11). https://doi.org/10.5369/JSST.2011.20.6.428
- S. J. Moon, "Technology and latest trends in the sensor industry," Monthly Automation System, Vol.5, pp.2-5, 2004.
- U. S. Jung, M. H. Im, J. W. Kim, and C. U. Son, "Development of odor monitoring system of Siheung city using the smartphone application," Proceeding of 2012 Fall Conference on Korean Society of Odor Research and Engineering, pp.106-108, 2012(11).
- S. Y Choi, J. S Choi, and S. C Kim, "Indoor Gas Monitoring System Using Smart Phone," Jouranl of Information and Security, Vol.12, No.1, pp.49-54, 2012(3).
- J. H. Park, Y. I. Jun, and U. K. Lee, "IT convergence technology-based gas sensor technology for environmental monitoring," Information & Communications Magazine, Vol.25, No.6, pp.40-47, 2008(6).
- Seung-Chul Lee and Wan-Young Chung, "Query-based Indoor air Quality monitoring system Using wireless sensor network inside the Building," The Institute of Electronics and Information Engineers, Vol.31, No.1, pp.627-628, 2008.
- Seong-hyeon Ye and Soonhee Han, "Indoor Environment Monitoring System Using Short-range Wireless Communication in Mobile Devices," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, Vol.17, No.9, pp.2167-2173, 2013. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2013.17.9.2167
- Chang-Se Oh, Min-Seok Seo, Jung-Hyuck Lee, Sang-Hyun Kim, Young-Don Kim, and Hyun-Ju Park, "Indoor Air Quality Monitoring System in the IoT Environment," The Journal of Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences, Vol.40, No.5, pp.886-891, 2015. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2015.40.5.886