- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Development of Real Time Smart Structure Monitoring System for Bridge Safety Maintenance using Sensor Network
센서 네트워크 기반 실시간 교량 안전관리를 위한 지능형 구조 건전성 모니터링시스템 개발
- Received : 2015.08.17
- Accepted : 2015.09.09
- Published : 2016.02.28
As structures' long term performances and users' safety have been highlighted, a new maintenance technique using IT has drawn attention around the globe. Therefore, throughout the paper, by analyzing bridge's static and dynamic data using wireless measuring sensor, a "real time smart bridge monitoring system" has developed. Smart bridge monitoring system is consists of three main parts a sensor that can measure major members' movement, a wireless system that informs the data from the sensor, and the database system that analysis the data. In order to test the performance of the system, five different were placed on the Olympic Bridge, Seoul. The power system of the sensors was replaced by self-sustain solar energy system. In order to validate data from the real time smart bridge monitoring system, the data was collected for a week from both wireless system and the wired system and the two data were compared to see the relevance.
Structure;Safety;Smart Bridge Monitoring System;Wireless;Sensor
Supported by : 국토해양부
- S. Y. Kim, Y. S. Shin, and G. H. Kim, "Case Study on the Maintenance of a Construction Monitoring using USN-bsed Data Acquisition," The Scientific World Journal, Vol.2014, pp.1-11, 2014.
- B. W. Jo, Y. S. Lee, H. Kim, and D. W. Lee, "A Study on Development of the Intelligent Bridge Maintenance System using RFID," Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.33, No.5, pp.2107-2124, September, 2013. https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2013.33.5.2107
- H. Sohn, H. J. Jung, J. S. Kong, J. J. Lee, and S. H. Sim, "ICT Based Bridge Health Diagnosis and Integrated Maintenance Techniques," Magazine of the Korea institute for structural maintenance and inspection, Vol.18, No.1, pp.1-4, 2014.
- S. H. Sim, "Structural Health Monitoring of Bridges Using Wireless Smart Sensor Networks," Magazine of the Korea Concrete Institute, Vol.24, No.3, pp.34-36, 2012.
- J. J. Lee, Y. S. Park, C. B. Yun, K. Y. Koo, and J. H. Yi, "An Overriew of Information Processing Techniques for Structural Health Monitoring of Bridges," Journal of the Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea, Vol.21, No.6, pp.615-632, 2008.
- B. G. Sim, S. B. Lee, and M. S. Chae, "Development of a Wireless Vibration Monitoring System for Structural Health Evaluation," Vol.20, No.2, pp.166-171, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2010.20.2.166
- E. G. Straser and A. S. Kiremidjian, "A Modular Visual Approach to Damage Monitoring for Civil Structures," Proceedings of SPIE, Smart Structures and Materials, pp.112-122, 1996.
- Ducduy Ho, P. Y. Lee, S. Y. Lee, and J. T. Kim, "Vibration-based Structural Health Monitoring of Full-Scale Cable-Stayed Bridges Using Wireless Smart Sensors," Journal of the Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation, Vol.12, No.1, pp.75-82, 2012.
- D. S. Hong and J. T. Kim, "Monitoring of Full-Scale Concrete Girder Bridge Using Acceleration Response," Journal of the Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, Vol.14, No.1, pp.165-174, 2010.
- K. Maser, R. Egri, A. Lichtenstein, and S. Chase, "Development of a Wireless Global Bridge Evaluation and Monitoring System (WGBEMS)," Proceedings of the Specialty Conference on Infrastructure Condition Assessment, pp.91-100, 1997.
- J. P. Lynch, Field Validation of a Wireless Structural Monitoring System on the Alamosa Canyon Bridge, SPIE 10th, Sandiego, CA, USA, March 2003.
- I. H. Bae and G. H. Ha, "Structural Health Monitoring of Yeongjong Suspension Bridge Using GPS," National Asset Management of civil Infrastructure, Vol.1, pp.173-177, 2008.
- K. M. Kim, C. S. Kang, B. J. Oh, and Y. H. Lee, "A Wireless Sensor Network with Reservation-based MAC Protocol for Bridge Monitoring Systems," Journal of Korean Institute of Information Technology, Vol.7, No.6, pp.121-127, 2009.
- H. S. Kim, Y. H. Kim, J. C. Park, and S. B. Shin, "Data Analysis and Health Index for Health Monitoring of Seohae Bridge," Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.33, No.2, pp.387-395, Mar. 2013. https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2013.33.2.387
- J. M. Ko and Y. Q. Ni, "Technology Developments in Structural Health Monitoring of Large-Scale Bridges," Journal of the Engineering Structures, Vol.27, No.12, pp.1715-1725, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2005.02.021
- H. J. Lee and Y. H. Choi, "Data Statical Analysis based Data Filtering Scheme for Monitoring System on Wireless Sensor Network," Journal of Korean Contents Association, Vol.10, No.3, pp.53-63, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.3.053
- J. S. Kim and J. S. Lee, "Implemen tation of a Remote Controlling System between Server/Client based Mobile," Journal of Korean Contents Association, Vol.10, No.6, pp.106-114, 2010.