- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effective Frame Rate Up-Conversion Method Using Adaptive Motion Refinement Based on ROI Separation
관심영역 분리에 따른 적응적인 움직임 보정에 기초한 효과적인 프레임 율 증가 기법
- Received : 2015.08.24
- Accepted : 2016.01.06
- Published : 2016.02.28
This paper proposes an effective FRUC (Frame Rate Up-Conversion) technique, which is based on ROI (Region Of Interest) separations and adaptive motion vector refinement. In this paper, in order to overcome the weakness of the EBME (Extended Bi-lateral Motion Estimation) algorithm, which is widely known in FRUC techniques, first, the proposed algorithm performs a bi-directional motion estimation for the complementary asymmetric region. Then, the proposed algorithm classifies each block into ROI or non-ROI block and refine motion vectors in accordance with their block characteristics to have a higher accuracy than the conventional EBME algorithm, specially, for the occlusion regions. The experimental results show that the proposed algorithm can improves 0.59dB on average PSNR as compared to the conventional method.
Frame Rate Up-Conversion;Region of Interest;MV Refinement
- K. Hilman, H.-W. Park, and Y.-M. Kim, "Using Motion Compensated Frame-Rate Conversion for the Correction of 3:2 Pulldown Artifacts in Video Sequences," IEEE Trans. on CSVT, Vol.10, No.6, pp.869-877, 2000(9).
- R. Castagno, P. Haavisto, and G. Ramponi, "A Method for Motion Adaptive Frame Rate Up-Conversion," IEEE Trans. Circuits Systems for Video Technology, Vol.6, No.5, pp.436-446, 1996(10). https://doi.org/10.1109/76.538926
- Z. Li, L. Liu, and E. J. Delp, "Rate-Distortion Analysis of Motion Side Estimation in Wyner-Ziv Video Coding," IEEE Trans on Image Processing 16, pp.98-113, 2007(1). https://doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2006.884934
- S.-U. Park, J.-W. Choi, C.-S. Kim, S.-U. Lee, and J.-W. Kang, "Efficient Distributed Video Coding Using Symmetric Motion Estimation and Channel Division," in PACRIM09, 2009(8).
- H. Lui and R. Xiong, "Multiple Hypotheses Bayesian Frame Rate Up-conversion by Adaptive Fusion of Motion-Compensated Interpolations," IEEE Trans. CSVT, Vol.22, No.8, pp.1188-1198, 2012(8).
- B. Girod, "Efficiency Analysis of Multi-Hypothesis Motion-Compensated Prediction for Video Coding," IEEE Trans. Image Processing, Vol.9, No.2, pp.173-183, 2000(2). https://doi.org/10.1109/83.821595
- B. C. Song, S. C. Jeong, and Y. Choi, "Video Super-Resolution Algorithm Using Bi-Directional Overlapped Block Motion Compensation and On-the-Fly Dictionary Training," IEEE Trans. Circuits Systems for Video Technology, Vol.21, No.3, pp.274-285, 2011(3). https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2010.2087454
- S. J. Kang, K. R. Cho, and Y. H. Kim, "Motion Compensated Frame Rate Up-conversion Using Extended Bilateral Motion Estimation," IEEE Trans. Consumer Electron., Vol.53, No.4, pp.1759-1767, 2007(11). https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2007.4429281
- Z. Wang, A. C. Bovik, and H. R. Sheikh, "Image Quality Assessment: from Error Visibility to Structural Similarity," IEEE Trans. Image Process, Vol.13, No.4, pp.600-612, 2004(4). https://doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2003.819861