- Volume 33 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Design of Runner System and Prediction of Moving Distance of the Screw for the Improvement of Formability of a Housing Part of Small-Size Air Cleaner
소형 공기청정기 하우징의 성형성 향상을 위한 런너시스템 설계 및 스크류 전진 거리 예측
- Kim, Dong-In (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Chosun University) ;
- Lee, Ho-Jin (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Chosun University) ;
- Ahn, Dong-Gyu (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Chosun University)
- Received : 2016.08.26
- Accepted : 2016.10.05
- Published : 2016.12.01
The runner system of the injection mould and the injection volume of the injection molding process greatly affect the quality of the produced part. The goal of this paper is the design of the runner system and the prediction of the injection volume for the injection moulding of a housing part of small-size air cleaner to improve the formability through the three-dimensional injection moulding analysis. The effects of the runner system of the mould on the injection moulding characteristics are investigated. From the results of the investigation, a proper design of the runner system with uniform filling characteristics and the minimized defect formation is obtained. In addition, the influence of the moving distance of the screw on filling characteristics, weldline formation and deformation characteristics is examined. From the results of the examination, an appropriate moving distance of the screw for the housing part of small-size air cleaner is estimated.
- Michaeli, W., Opfermann, D., and Kamps, T., "Advances in Micro Assembly Injection Moulding for Use in Medical Systems," International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 33, Nos. 1-2, pp. 206-211, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-007-0951-x
- Spina, R., "Injection Moulding of Automotive Components: Comparison Between Hot Runner Systems for Case Study," Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 156, pp. 1497-1504, 2004.
- Ahn, D. G., Park, M. W., Park, S. H., and Kim, H. S., "Design of Conformal Cooling Channels for the Mould of a Plastic Drawer of a Refrigerator by Analysis of Three-Dimensional Injection Moulding," Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineering A, Vol. 34, No. 10, pp. 1487-1492, 2010. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2010.34.10.1487
- Park, K. Y., Kim, H. S., Kang, J. H., and Park, J. C., "CAE Analysis and Optimization of Injection Molding for a Mobile Phone Cover," Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 60-65, 2012.
- Lee, H. W. and Park, C. W., "A Study on the Injection Molding Process of Inline Skate Frame Using Moldflow," Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, Vol. 34, No. 2, pp. 289-295, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2010.34.2.289
- Choi, Y. H. and Lee, Y. S., "The Effects of Discharge Condition on Mechanical Properties of Injection Moldings," Journal of the Korean Society of Machine Tool Engineers, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 84-91, 1997.
- Lho, T. J., Kim, J. Y., Kang, D. J., Kim, J. H., and Kim G. Y., "A Study on Development of Automobile Interior Parts through AI-Insert Injection Molding," Proc. of KSPE Spring Conference, pp. 183-188, 2005.
- Park, J. C., Kim, W. H., Kim, K. M., and Koo, B. H., "Minimization of Warpage in Injection-Molded Parts by Optimal Design of U-Type Ribs," Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 53-61, 2008.
- Park, C. H., Pyo, B. G., Choi, D. H., and Koo, M. S., "Design Optimization of an Automotive Injection Molded Part for Minimizing Injection Pressure and Preventing Weldlines," Transactions of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 66-72, 2011.
- Lee, M., Kim, H., and Lyu, M. Y., "A Study on the Warpage of Glass Fiber Reinforced Plastics for Part Design and Operation Condition: Part 1. Amorphous Plastics," Polymer Korea, Vol. 36, No. 5, pp. 555-563, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7317/pk.2012.36.5.555
- Park, C. H., Joe, Y. S., and Choi, D. H., "Runner System Optimization of an Automotive Door Trim for Minimizing Cavity Pressure and Weld lines," Proc. of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers Annual Conference, pp. 2109-2112, 2012.
- Kim, H. S., Son, J. S., and Im, Y. T., "Gate Location Design in Injection Molding of an Automotive Junction Box with Integral Hinges," Journal of Materials Processing Technology, No. 140, No. 1, pp. 110-115, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(03)00700-3
- Lee, C. W. and Huh, Y. J., "Intelligent Design for Gate and Runner in Injection Molding," J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol. 18, No. 9, pp. 192-203, 2001.
- Kang, S. N., Huh, Y. J., and Cho, H. C., "A Study on Intelligent Generator of Optimal Process Conditions to Avoid Short Shot," J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol. 19, No. 12, pp. 33-37, 2002.
- Kamal, M. R. and Kenig, S., "The Injection Molding of Thermoplastic Part 2: Experimental Test of the Model," Polymer Engineering and Science, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 302-308, 1972. https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.760120409