- Volume 24 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study of Students' Perception on Cabin Service Curriculum, Service Hospitality and Service-Orientation focusing on CIPP Model
항공서비스 교육과정에 대한 학생의 인식, 서비스 호스피탈리티 및 서비스 지향성에 관한 연구 : CIPP 평가모형을 중심으로
- Received : 2016.09.01
- Accepted : 2016.09.29
- Published : 2016.09.30
This study examines the awareness of the curriculum of the cabin service major students at 2 year colleges through the CIPP (Context, Input, Process, Product) evaluation model and an empirical analysis on how their awareness affects Service Orientation and Service Hospitality. It was proven that the CIPP evaluation model has a positive effect on the satisfaction of their department, and also has a meaningful effect on Service Hospitality and Service Orientation statistically. However, the satisfaction of their department itself is not associated with the increase of Service Orientation and Service Hospitality so it negatively affected them. Moreover, both the Service Management program(Process) and Service Attitude(Product) have a meaningful effect on Service Hospitality, and Service Hospitality also has a meaningful effect on Service Orientation. So it resulted in a casual relationship among them. As a result, it is desperately necessary to promote an educational environment that will increase the satisfaction of the department and help students to become flight attendants. It is also necessary to increase awareness of the Service Management program(Process) and Service Attitude(Product).
- Eu Lim Jung, (2016), "A Study to Improve Educational Performance through comparison between airline service dept. students and cabin crews' job capabilities", Master degree Thesis of Korea Aerospace University
- Choi, Y. S., Kim, Y. K. (2014), "A Study on Current Situations and Developmental Suggestions of Airline Service Departments of Colleges and Universities", Journal of culture and Tourism Research 16(2), pp. 101-111
- College Academy Information Site (2016), www.academyinfo.go.kr
- Lim, S. J., (2014), "A Study of Cain Crews' Perception on their Job and Satisfaction on Curriculum", Ehwa Womans University, Master Degree Thesis of Education
- Lee S. J., (2011), "A Study of Airline Service Dept's Relationship Benefit to the Satisfaction, Trust and Loyalty ", Master degree paper of Graduate School of Service Management, Kyongki University
- Stufflebeam, D. L., (1971), "The Relevance of the CIPP Evaluation Model for Educational Accountability"
- Ryu S. M., Song Y. S., (2012) "A Study on factors influencing in course satisfaction of new employee training program applying CIPP evaluation model, HRD 4(1), pp.47-71
- Stufflebeam, D.L., (1983), "The CIPP model for program evaluation, In G.F. Madaus, M. Scriven, & D. L. Stufflebeam (eds.), Evaluation models. Boston: Kluwer-Nihoff
- Chung, J. K. (2000), "Application of CIPP Evaluation Model for the Improvement of Korean Accreditation System, Doctoral Degree Paper of Education, Daegu Catholic University
- Park, H. Y., (2012), "Evaluation of Airline Service Education Using the CIPP Model : focus on factors which influenced satisfaction and recommendation of the training program, Korea Contents Society 12(10), pp. 510-523
- Stufflebeam, D. L., Shinkfield, A. J., (1985), "Systematic evaluation", Boston, MA: Kluwer-Nijhoff
- Kim, A., J., (2007), "Criteria Development for Evaluating Traditional Nursery Song Programs by CIPP Evaluation Model and Applying to Early Childhood Educational Institutions", Doctoral Degree Paper of Childhood Education at Keimyung University
- Song, Y. S., (2008), "Factors influencing course satisfaction of EMI(English Medium Instruction) at universities in Korea", Education Info. and Media, 14(3), pp.61-84
- Park, Y. K., Yoo, Y. J., (2014), "Education and Training of the Service Impact on Job Satisfaction and Service Orientation of Foodservice Industry Practician", Food Service Management, 17(4), pp. 103-122
- Kang Y. H., Ahn, S. H., (2015), "An Evaluation of 2014 Seoul Free Semester System Based on CIPP Model : Focused on Middle School Career Education and Guidance on High School Entrance", Journal of Research in Education 28(4), pp.195-232
- Park, J. M., Song, Y. S., (2012), "A Study on Satisfaction of e-learning EMI Applying CIPP Evaluation model", Education Science 6(1), pp. 1-23
- Choi, C. Y., Bae H. S., Lee, H. J., (2012), "The Effects of Food Service Workers' Personality Characteristics on Their Service Orientation and Business Performance", Food Service Management 15(1), pp.299-319
- Hogan J., R. Busch (1994), "How to measure service orientation", Journal of Applied Psychology, pp.167-173.
- Lytle, R. S., Hom, P. W., Mokwa, M. P., (1998), "A managerial measure of organizational service- orientation", Journal of retailing, 74(4), pp.455-489 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(99)80104-3
- Dienhart, J. R., Gregorie, M. B., Downey, R. G. (1990), "Service orientation of restaurant employees", Hospitality Education and Research Journal, 14(2), pp.421-429. https://doi.org/10.1177/109634809001400245
- Churchill Jr., G. A., (1979), "A paradigm for developing better measures of marketing constructs", Journal of Marketing Research 16, pp.64-73. https://doi.org/10.2307/3150876
- Hinkin, T. R., Tracey, J. B., Enz, C. A., (1997), "Scale construction: developing reliable and valid measurement instruments", Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research 21, pp.100-120 https://doi.org/10.1177/109634809702100108
- Ehsaneh N. M. Nameghi, Ahmad Azmi M. (2013), "The measurement scale for airline hospitality : Cabin crew's performance perspective", Journal of Air Transport Management 30, pp.1-9 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jairtraman.2013.03.001
- Kamath, V., Bhosale, S., Manjrekar, P., (2008), "Revenue management techniques in hospitality industry: a comparison with reference to star and economy hotels", Conference on Tourism in India-Challenges Ahead, IIMK.
- Nickson, D., Warhurst, C., Dutton, E., (2005), "The importance of attitude and appearance in the service encounter in retail and hospitality", Managing Service Quality 15 (2), pp.195-208. https://doi.org/10.1108/09604520510585370
- Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V., Berry, L., (1985), "A conceptual model of service quality and its implications for future research", Journal of Marketing 49, pp.41-50.
- Bickmore, T., Cassell, J., (1999), "Small talk and conversational storytelling in embodied conversational interface agents", AAAI fall Symposium on Narrative Intelligence.