- Volume 29 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on Composite Blade Analysis Library Development through Dimension Reduction/Recovery and Calculating Energy Release Rate
단면의 차원축소/복원해석과 에너지 해방률 계산을 위한 복합재 블레이드 해석 라이브러리 개발에 대한 연구
- Received : 2015.10.22
- Accepted : 2016.02.26
- Published : 2016.02.29
In this paper, numerical results of sectional analysis, stress recovery and energy release rate were compared with the results of VABS, 3-D FEM through the blade analysis library. The result of stress recovery analysis for one-dimensional model including the stiffness matrix is compared with stress results of three-dimensional FEM. We discuss the configuration of the blade analysis library and compare verifications of numerical analysis results of VABS. Blade analysis library through dimensional reduction and stress recovery is intended to be utilized in conjunction with pre- and post-processing of the analysis program of the composite blade, high-altitude uav's wing, wind blades and tilt rotor blade.
Composite rotor blade;Cross-sectional analysis;Recovery analysis;Reducible modeling;Virtual crack closure technique
- Chen, H., Yu, W., and Capellaro, M., "A Critical Assessment of Computer Tools for Calculating Composite Wind Turbine Blade Properties", Wind Energy, Vol. 13, 2009, pp. 497-516. https://doi.org/10.1002/we.372
- Hu, P., "VABS-IDE: VABS-Enabled Integrated Design Environment (IDE) for Efficient High-Fidelity Composite Rotor Blade and Wing Design", 51st AIAA/ASME/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, Structural Dynamics, and Materials Conference, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Inc., Orlando, Florida, 2010.
- Hu, T., "A Validation and Comparison about VABS-IDE and VABS-GUI", Master, Utah State University, 2012.
- Yu, W. and Blair, M., "GEBT: A General-purpose Nonlinear Analysis Tool for Composite Beams", Composite Structures, Vol. 94, 2012, pp. 2677-2689. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2012.04.007
- Yu, W., VABS Manual for Users, 2012.
- Yu, W., Hodges, D.H., and Ho, J.C., "Variational Asymptotic Beam Sectional Analysis - An Updated Version", International Journal of Engineering Science, Vol. 59, 2012, pp. 40-64. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijengsci.2012.03.006
- Park, I.-J., Jung, S.N., Cho, J.Y., and Kim, D.-H., "A Study on Calculation of Cross-Section Properties for Composite Rotor Blades Using Finite Element Method", Journal of The Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, Vol. 37, 2009, pp. 442-449. https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2009.37.5.442
- Park, I.-J., Jung, S.N., Cho, J.Y., and Kim, D.-H., "Development of Weighted Triangular Mesh Generation Algorithm using Domain-wise Hash Structure and Quad Tree Structure", Journal of the Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, 2008, pp. 110-113.
- Park, I.-J., Jung, S.N., Cho, J.Y., and Kim, D-H., "A Study on Calculation of Cross-Section Properties for Composite Rotor Blades Using Finite Element Method", Journal of The Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, 2008, pp. 375-378.
- Do, H.S., Cho, J.Y., Park, I.-J., Jung, S.N., Kim, T.J., and Kim, D.-H., "Development of Program for Modeling of Cross Section of Composite Rotor Blade", Journal of The Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, Vol. 39, 2011, pp. 261-268. https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2010.39.3.261
- Kang, Y.C., Cho, J.Y., Dhadwal, M.K., Jung, S.N., and Kim, T.J., "Development of Program for Modeling of Cross Section of Composite Rotor Blade Using Open CASCADE", Journal of The Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, 2011, pp. 1787-1791.
- Bathe, K.J., Finite Element Procedures, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, 1996.
- Murakami, Y., "Stress Intensity Factors Handbook", Pergamon Press, 1987.