- Volume 53 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Preparation and Characterization of New Hand Value Wool-like PET Yarn with Excellent Volume and Stretchability by Differently Shrinkable Mixed Process
볼륨감과 신축성이 우수한 신질감 소모조 이수축 혼섬사의 특성분석
Kang, Byeong Ho;Kim, Min Hee;Park, Won Ho
- Received : 2015.12.14
- Accepted : 2016.01.29
- Published : 2016.02.29
The aim of this study is to develop a mixed polyester latent crimped yarn with excellent bulkiness and stretchability. In order to achieve this goal, the thermal and physical behaviors of yarn obtained from two filaments with different shrinkabilities were investigated under various manufacturing conditions. The partially oriented yarn (POY) exhibited various thermal shrinkages under wet and dry conditions. The fabric hand value is affected by the properties of the POY and by the physical properties of the latent crimped yarns, such as linear density, tenacity, breaking strain, and shrinkage. First, the POY should be spun at speeds in the range of 3,000-3,200 m/min so as to produce a wool-like mixed PET yarn with excellent bulkiness and stretching properties. Second, the manufacturing conditions for the latent crimped yarn should be set as follows: 1) intrinsic viscosity difference between 0.15 and 0.2; 2) setting at
synthetic yarn;POY;bulkiness;handle value
- B. L. Deopura and N. V. Padaki, "Synthetic Textile Fibers: Polyamide, Polyester and Aramide Fibers", Textiles and Fashion, 2015, 4, 97-114.
- C. Lawrence, “Fibre to Yarn: Filament Yarn Spinning”, Textiles and Fashion, 2015, 10, 213-253.
- A. J. East, "Synthetic Fibres: Nylon, Polyester, Acrylic, Polyolefin", Elsevier, 2004, pp.95-166.
- J. G. Cook, "Handbook of Textile Fibres: Man-made Fibres", Merrow, 1984, pp.328-391.
- K. L. Kim, S. J. Kim, and T. H. Kim, “The Effect of Heat Treatment of Shrinkage and Mechanical Properties of PET Filament”, Textile Coloration and Finishing, 1998, 10, 10-19.
- Y. K. Park, J. G. Kim, and D. H. Choi, “Shrinkage and Creep Behavior of Annealed PET Filament in High Speed Spinning”, Journal of Korean Society of Dyes and Finishers, 1997, 9, 7-19.
- C. Altkinson, "False Twist Textured Yarns: Principles, Processing and Applications", Elsevier, 2012, pp.1-13.