- Volume 24 Issue 1
The purposes of this study was to identify fashion shoppers' perceived risk and satisfaction while shopping at overseas online shopping malls based on their internet shopping values. A self-administered questionnaire was used for data collection and an internet survey was conducted from April 12~15, 2015. Most consumers purchased one or two fashion items at overseas online malls directly, motivated by low prices, and spent 200,000~400,000 won during the last one year. The factors of consumers' internet shopping values were information, hedonics, and practicality. Factors of perceived risk were delivery and refund, price and approval, and product and shopping mall. Consumers were divided into three categories: heavy pursuit shoppers, intermediate shoppers, and uninformed shoppers based on their internet shopping values. Heavy pursuit shoppers were primarily female; they spent more, felt a deeper patronage with overseas online shopping malls and their perceived risk regarding delivery and refund was higher than the other shoppers. The group of uninformed shoppers were primarily male. They spent less, had low patronage with overseas online shopping malls, and their perceived risk regarding delivery and refund was lower than other shoppers. Overall satisfaction was positively affected by information provided while shoppers were surfing the overseas online shopping malls and practicality. Satisfaction was negatively affected by perceived risk regarding price and approval and difficulty in finding specific products while shopping at overseas online shopping malls.
해외 인터넷 쇼핑;인터넷 쇼핑 가치;위험지각;만족도
- Cho, Y. J., Lim, S. J., & Lee, S. H. (2001). Apparel purchase behavior among internet shoppers: Focusing on perceived risks. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 25(7), 1247-1257.
- Hong, H. S. (2004). Attitude toward the website for apparel shopping (Part I): Measurement model testing. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 28(11), 1482-1494.
- Hwang, J. S. (2003). The internet perceived risk segments: Clothing benefits sought, internet shopping attitudes, and internet purchase intents. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 27(7), 746-757.
- Ji, H. K. (2008). The characteristics of return factor, information search and perceived risks by return experience in internet clothing purchase. Journal of the Korea Fashion & Costume Design Association, 10(3), 149-161.
- Jung, J. S. (2015, February 9). 해외구매 '이용자 보호' 강화 [Reenforcement of oversea internet shopper protection]. Korea Fashion & Textiles News, p. 5.
- Kang, J. K., & Lee, H. L. (2014). 해외직구 규모 아직 작지만 소비시장 장벽 허물어지고 있다 [Scale of oversea internet shopping is small but border of consumer market is collapsed]. LG Business Insight, 1290, 1-11. Retrieved February 10, 2015, from http://www.lgeri.com/uploadFiles/ko/pdf/eco/LGBI1290-02_20140225131403.pdf
- Kang, J. M. (2014, May 21). 해외직구 열풍, 지난해 대비 56% 증가 [Strong wind of overseas online shopping, 56% more than last year]. Maeil Business Newspaper, Retrieved February 20, 2015, from http://www.mknews.co.kr/nresRead.php?year=2014&no=784745
- Kim, E. J., Park, J. J., & Park, J. Y. (2015). Examining consumer types that directly purchase products from foreign countries: A Q-method study. The Korean Journal of Advertising, 26(1), 75-102. doi:10.14377/KJA.2015.1.15.75 https://doi.org/10.14377/KJA.2015.1.15.75
- Kim, K. H. (2008). Internet shopping value, store image, customer satisfaction, and re-visit intention: A comparison by product types. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 8(3), 173-181.
- Kim, Y. S. (2015, April 2). 작년 해외직구 '사상 최다'...의류.건강식품.신발 순 [Overseas online shopping was peak in 2014: Apparel, health food, and shoes]. Yonhapnews, Retrieved May 29, from http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2015/04/02/0200000000AKR20150402135100004.HTML
- Korea Consumer Agency. (2014, July 3). 해외직구 30% 정도 싸다고 느끼나, 상당수는 불만.피해: '이용자 가이드라인' 등 안전한 해외직구 지원 대책 추진 [Most consumers feel 30% cheaper when purchasing at overseas online shopping malls but complain about their damages]. Retrieved February 10, 2015 from http://www.kca.go.kr/brd/m_32/view.do?seq=1631&multi_item_seq=0
- Lee, H. M. (2012). A study on consumers' buying intention toward fashion goods through global internet shopping malls. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 20(4), 573-593. doi:10.7741/rjcc.2012.20.4.573 https://doi.org/10.7741/rjcc.2012.20.4.573
- Lim, S. Y., Ryu, M. H., & Lee, S. S. (2010). Complaints behavior to online shopping agents for purchasing products from overseas in their 20s and 30s. Journal of Korean Home Management Association, 28(3), 81-95.
- Park, H. J. (2003). Behavioral intention toward purchasing foreign fashion goods through Korean internet shopping malls: A comparative analysis between the purchasers and non-purchasers. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing & Textiles, 27(8), 892-903.
- Park, M. H., & Cho, S. Y. (2012). An effect of consumers' risk perception on information search in international internet shopping mall: Focusing on the comparison with domestic internet shopping mall. Journal of Consumption Culture, 15(2), 39-55. https://doi.org/10.17053/jcc.2012.15.2.003
- Rhee, Y. J. (2011). A study on consumer satisfaction in surrogate internet shopping mall for apparel products: Price perception and delivery systems. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 49(9), 73-81. doi:10.6115/khea.2011.49.9.073 https://doi.org/10.6115/khea.2011.49.9.073
- Ryou, E. J., & Cho, O. S. (2005). The effects of the internet shopping values on internet shopping behavior of apparel products: Focused on the shopping mall attributes and perceived risks. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 13(2), 209-220.
- Samsung Design Net. (2013a, November 7). 해외직구족, 그들은누구인가? [Overseas online shoppers: Who are they]. Retrieved September 11, 2014, from http://samsungdesign.net/Report/Report/content.asp?an=1706
- Samsung Design Net. (2013b, December 13). Review 2013, Preview 2014: 2013년 패션산업 10대 이슈와 2014년 전망 [Review 2013, Preview 2014: 10 retail keywords in 2013 and preview 2014 fashion market]. Retrieved September 11, 2014, from http://www.samsungdesign.net/Market/MarketReport/content.asp?an=6123
- Solomon, M. R., & Rabolt, N. J. (2004). Consumer behavior: In fashion. New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
- Song, M. H., & Hwang, J. S. (2008). The effect of fashion leadership on fashion products purchase in surrogate internet shopping mall. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 32(2), 179-189. doi:10.5850/JKSCT.2008.32.2.179 https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2008.32.2.179
- You, E. Y., & Lee Y. R. (2010). Shopping value and satisfaction by presentation formats of apparel products: Information on internet shopping malls. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 34(1), 14-26. doi:10.5850/JKSCT.2010.34.1.14 https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2010.34.1.14
- Yu, B. H., & Chae, M. S. (2015). An exploratory study of factors affecting oversea online shopping behavior in Korea: Focusing on factors of technology acceptance model and online shopping acceptance model. Journal of Distribution Research, 20(2), 247-265.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : Chonbuk National University