- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Morbidity of dental caries and periodontal disease based on oral healthcare of adults in Busan
부산시 일부 성인의 구강위생관리습관에 따른 치아우식 및 치주병 이환 경험에 관한 연구
Cha, Ji-A;Yu, Su-Bin;Kim, Hye-Jin
- Received : 2015.09.23
- Accepted : 2016.02.04
- Published : 2016.02.28
Objectives: The purpose of the study was to find out dental caries and periodontal disease based on oral healthcare of adults in Busan. This study will provide the preventive oral healthcare for the periodontal diseases and dental caries. Methods: The study subjects were 369 people from the regular dental health checkup in the general hospital in Busan. After receiving informed consent, a self-reported questionnaire was completed from October 1, 2014 to January 31, 2015. The questionnaire consisted of dental caries and periodontal diseases by direct examination and toothbrushing method. Data were analyzed by
adult;dental caries;oral healthcare;periodontal disease;toothbrushing method
- Peterson PE. Global policy for improvement of oral health in the 21st century implications to oral health research of world health assembly 2007. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 2009; 37(1): 1-8. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0528.2008.00448.x
- Kim JB. The importance and an activation plan for the dental health education. Korean J Health Edu Promot 1987; 4(1): 35-40.
- Choi MH, Oh HW, Lee HS. A comparative study on the oral health behaviors between medical and non-medical workers. J Korean Acad Dental Health 2009; 33(4): 552-63.
- Park IS, Kim JS, Choi MH. A study on oral health knowledge, behavior and practice among elderly people in some regions. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2010; 10(2): 1-12.
- Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service. ''2011 Health Insurance Statistical Yearbook''[Internet][cited 2015 Dec 04]. Available from. www.hira.or.kr/cms/open/04/02/03/01/__icsFiles/afieldfile/2012/12/10/2011.pdf.
- Lee YA. Relationships between food intake and dental caries, dental caries activity for adult in Daegu & Gyeongbuk [Doctoral dissertation]. Daegu: Univ. of Keimyung, 2006.
- Min JH, Yoon HC, Kim JK, Kang SM, Kim BI. Assessment of acidogenic potential for dental biofilms by periodontal health condition. J Dent Hyg Sci 2015; 15(2): 202-8. http://dx.doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.2.202. https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.2.202
- Park JH, Lim SB. The endotoxin assay of contaminated titanium implants following various techniques of detoxification. J Periodontal Implant Sci 2004; 34(1): 71-81. http://dx.doi.org/10.5051/jkape.2004.34.1.71. https://doi.org/10.5051/jkape.2004.34.1.71
- Petersen PE, Ogawa H. Strengthening the prevention of periodontal disease: the WHO approach. J Periodontol 2005; 76(12): 2187-93. http://dx.doi.org/10.1902/jop.2005.76.12.2187. https://doi.org/10.1902/jop.2005.76.12.2187
- Jang JH, Kim JH, Lee KH. Association between oral health knowledge, attitude and dental caries experience in Korean 12-year-old adolescents. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2014; 14(4): 479-84. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.04.479. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.04.479
- Moon BA, Jeong SR, Jang JY, Kim KY. Health-related quality of life by oral health behavior and oral health status for the middle-aged people. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2015; 15(2): 197-204. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.02.197. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.02.197
- Kang HS, Jeong JH. A study on the correlation between the dental caries and dietary habits and snack intake of pre-school children. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2010; 10(2): 1-17.
- Irmler S, Schafer H, Beisert B, Rauhut D, Berthoud H. Identification and characterization of a strain-dependent cystathionine beta/gamma-lyase in Lactobacillus casei potentially involved in cysteine biosynthesis. FEMS Microbiol Lett 2009; 295(1): 67-76. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1574-6968.2009.01580.x. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1574-6968.2009.01580.x
- Lee SH, Park IS. A study on the use of oral health care devices and the oral hygiene in some colleges. J Korea Acad Industr Coop Soc 2011; 12(6): 2629-35. http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.6.2629. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.6.2629
- Shin WC, Kang SG, Kim DK. The effectiveness of maintenance care by non - surgical treatment on the periodontal disease. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2001;25(2): 109-21.
- Kang NK, Choi YH, An SY, Jeong SH, Jeon ES, Song KB. Improved periodontal health aspects according to the tooth position through the non-surgical professional oral hygiene care in the diabetic youth. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2012; 36(3): 211-8.
- Park KD, Park WC, Bae KH, Jin BH, Baek DI. Original Articles: Comparing the efficacy of a high pressure spray oral hygiene appliance and a sonic vibration toothbrush in reducing dental plaque. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2014; 38(2): 71-6. http://dx.doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2014.38.2.71. https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2014.38.2.71
- Jo BD. The change of plaque control ability by regular professional oral health care program[Doctoral dissertation]. Gwangju: Univ. of Chosun, 2014.
- Kim KW. The percentage of adolescents who brush their teeth after lunch and its related factors. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2010; 10(3): 441-8.
- Na MH, Lee YH, Lee HY. Condition of toothbrushing and oral health education experience: the case of local children's centers. J Korean Acad Dent Hyg 2014; 16(2): 81-7.
- You EK, Sohn MY, Choi SC, Kim KC, Park YD, Park JH. Plaque control effect of tooth brushing instruction. J Korean Acad Pediatr Dent 2012; 39(1): 17-25. https://doi.org/10.5933/JKAPD.2012.39.1.17
- Park IS, Lee SH. A study on the amount of toothpaste used among some college students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2010; 10(4): 577-84.