- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Related factors of oral health-related quality of life of migrant women in multicultural families
다문화가정 이주여성의 구강건강관련 삶의 질(OHIP-14) 관련요인
- Received : 2015.11.03
- Accepted : 2016.02.16
- Published : 2016.02.28
Objectives: This study aims to analyze the factors influencing on the oral health-related quality of life of migrant women in multicultural families. Methods: An interview survey was conducted through the general characteristics, oral health behaviors, and OHIPs(oral Health Impact Profiles) of 200 migrant women in multicultural families registered in multicultural family support center in Pohang. The survey was carried out from March 2 to 29, 2011. Data were analyzed using SPSS version 18.0 program. by frequency analysis, chi-square test, t-test, ANOVA, and hierarchical regression analysis. Results: Oral health promotion behavior showed statistically significant differences(p<0.01) in the number of tooth brushing and in those using oral health care supplementary device by each country. The oral health-related quality of life was significantly influenced by economic compensation, pregnancy, and the economic status of the native country(p<0.05). Conclusion: The nationwide oral health policy should be established for migrant women in multicultural family.
oral health related quality of life;oral health promotion;oral health behavior;multi-cultural families;OHIP-14
- Jeong GH, Koh HJ, Kim KS, Kim SH, Kim JH, Park HS, et al. A survey on health management of during pregnancy, childbirth, and the costpartum of immigrant women in a multi-cultural family. Korean Journal of Women Health 2009; 15: 261-9. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2009.15.4.261
- Kim SJ. The research report for improving life quality of multi-cultural spouse[Mastr's thesis]. Ulsan: Univ. of Ulsan, 2010.
- Kang DJ. A study on the family life of multi culture family in rural area[Mastr's thesis]. Daegu: Univ. of Daegu, 2009.
- Im EH. Exploratory study on the mental health problems of immigrant women[Mastr's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Hanyoung, 2008.
- Kwon GY, Park KW. A study on influence factors to the mental health of foreign wives. Korea Social Research Center 2007; 12: 187-99.
- Im H. The impact factors on mental health among marriage migrant women. Mental Health & Social Work 2010; 34: 217-38.
- Hwag YH. A study on the oral knowledge and the perception for oral health education of teachers in special schools[Master's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Yonsei, 2008.
- Shin HC. Defintion of health related qualiy of life. J Korea Acad Fam Med 1998; 19(11): 1008-15.
- Kim JH. The effect of oral health on total health and quality of life: Surveyed against some of youngnam area residents [Doctoral dissertation]. Daegu: Univ. of Keimyung, 2007.
- Yun HK, Lee SH, Choi GY. A Study on the Relationship of Sociological Characteristics to Oral Health Status in Population International Marriage Migrant Women. J Korea Acad Industrial cooperation Soc 2012; 13: 678-84. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.2.678
- Seol DH, Suh MH, Lee SS, Kim MA. A Study of the medium-to long-term prospects and measures of multicultural family in Korea: on the focus of the population pro in Korean society[intermet]. [cited 2010 Now4]. Available from: http://www.mogerf.go.kr.
- Kang JK, Lee SM. Original Article: Relationship between oral-health related quality of Life of kindergarten teachers and attempts to improve oral health. J Korean Acad Dent Health 2010; 34: 354-61.
- Park JH, Kwon HK, Kim BL, Choi CH, Choi YH. A survey on the oral health condition of institutionalized elderly people resident in free asylum. J Korean Acad Dent Health 2002; 26: 555-65.
- Kim SH, Lim SA, Park SJ, Kim KD. Assessment oral health-related quality of life using the oral health impact profile(OHIP). J Korean Acad Dent Health 2004; 28: 559-69.
- Nuttall NM, Steele JG, PineCM, White D, Pitts NB. The impact of oral health on people in the UK in 1998. Br Dent J. 2001; 190: 121-6.
- Heydecke G, Locker D, Awad MA, Lund JP, Feine JS. Oral and general health-related quality of life with conventional and implant dentures. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol, 2003; 31: 61-168.
- Locker D, Slade GD: Oral health and the quality of life among older adult. J Can Dent Assoc 1993; 59: 830-3, 837-8, 844.
- Kelly M, Nuttall NM, Brandnock G et al. Self-reported impact of dental disease among scottish. Dental Health Survey-oral Health in the United Kingdom 1998. London: The stationery office 2000.
- Berretin-Felix G, Nary Filho H, Padovani CR, Machado WM. A longitudinal study of quality of life of elderly with mandibuar implant-supported fixed prostheses. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2008; 19: 704-8. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0501.2007.01451.x
- Slade GD. Derivation and validation of a short-form oral health impact profile. Community Dent Oral Epidemio 1997; 25: 284-90. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0528.1997.tb00941.x
- Ministry of Health & Welfare, 2009 the National Multicultural Family Survey[Internet]. [cited 2010]. Available from: http://www.mohw.go.kr.
- The Influence of the mother's nationality on adolescent's subjective oral health status-using propensity score matching vol.42, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2018.42.2.46