- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Influence of social network service(SNS) information on intention to dental office use
SNS 정보 활용이 치과의료기관 이용의사에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2015.11.16
- Accepted : 2016.02.18
- Published : 2016.02.28
Objectives: The purpose of the study is to investigate the effect of social network service(SNS) information on intention to dental office use. Methods: A self-reported questionnaire was completed by 410 users of social network service between twenty and thirty years old in Seoul and Gyeonggido after receiving informed consent from July 1 to August 3, 2015. The questionnaire consisted of general profiles of the subjects(6 items), use of dental office(3 items), use of SNS(3 items), use of dental SNS(4 items), use of general SNS(6 items), application of dental SNS(6 items), and intention to dental office use(2 items). Except 8 incomplete answers, 402 data were analyzed using SPSS 18.0 program. Results: The first choice of dental office was recommendation by the acquaintances. There were close correlations between the use of SNS information and the use of general SNS information according to sex(p=0.016) and the frequency of SNS(p=0.012). The use of SNS for dental information showed a meaningful correlation with sex(p=0.003). The intention to use was influenced by sex(p=0.016) and the use of SNS for dental information(p<0.001). Conclusions: The important factor of visit intention to dental service was recommendation by the acquaintances through SNS. The appropriate advertisement of visit intention is very important to improve dental health care.
dental office utilization;intention to use;social network service
- Korea Internet Security Agency (KISA), Smartphone, Usage state [Internet]. Internet & Security Focus.[cited 2015, July 12]. Available from: http://kisdi.re.kr/kisdi/fp/kr/board/selectSingleBoard.do?cmd=selectSingleBoard&boardId=GPK_PRESS&seq=30216&reStep=1319899&ctx=_.
- Seong MK, Kim JH, Jang KA. Factors affecting the satisfaction for medical service and reuse intention of patients at dental clinic in gyeongnam province. J of Dent Hyg Science 2015; 15: 106-12. https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.2.106
- Woo YS. A study on consumers' attitude toward medical advertising[Master's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Hongik, 2004.
- Choi HJ. Information searching behavior and factors affecting choosing dental institutions[Master's thesis]. Pusan: Univ. of Inje, 2004.
- Shin BR. A study on users' responses to facebook messages of dental clinics[Master's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Ewha Womans, 2015.
- Kim SY, Oh JS, Moon SE. A survey on the understanding of dental homepages by students of dental hygiene departments and dental hygienists in some regions. J of Korean Soc of Dent Hyg 2011; 11: 453-64.
- Korea Internet Security Agency (KISA), Mobile usage state [Internet]. [cited 2015, July 13]. Available from: http://isis. kisa.or.kr/board/index.jsp?pageId=040100&%20bbsId=7&itemId=807&pageIndex=3.
- Hoon SY. A research on how the modical advertising's attitude affect towards the utilization intention on medical institutions - Based on the outpatient of the general hospital-[Master's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Chung ang, 2009.
- Hong DU. The impact of sns characteristics on attitudes, purchase intention, and recommending behavior[Master's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Yonsei, 2011.
- Sa GM. The effects of sns information characteristics on medical Consumers' health information utilization and satisfaction in hosipital[Master's thesis]. Pusan: Univ. of Kosin, 2015.
- Hur KS, Ji YH, Byun JW. Effect of information of sns in the brand attitude and behavioral in intention. J of Korea Academic society of tourism management 2012; 27: 619-35.
- Seo GH. A study on the effect of word of mouth(WOM) on the hospital rating and satisfaction of medical consumers [Master's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Kyung hee, 2014.
- Park JH. A study on the buying evaluation of hospital service, graduate school of business administration[Master's thesis]. Pusan: Univ. of Dong-A, 1994.
- Hwang JS, Seo SY, LEE HY. The search on factors dictating the selection of dental hospital through Conjoint Analysis[Master's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Kyunghee, 2009.
- An DC, Kim SH. Factors influencing mobile commerce adoption in korea. J of Korea Association for Advertising and Public relations 2011; 88: 7-36.
- Macromill Embrain Trend Monitor, SNS perception of fatigue-related research [Internet]. [cited 2015 October 10]. Available from: https://www.trendmonitor.co.kr/tmweb/trend/allTrend/detail.do?bIdx=1302&code=0101&trendType=CKOREA.
- Byeon SJ. A study on the influence of medical advertisement in the hospital selection[Master's thesis]. Pusan: Univ. of Pusan Catholic, 2009.
- Go YK, Lee SL, Choi JH. Analysis of selection criteria for a dental clinic and Satisfaction[Master's thesis]. Jeollanamdo: Univ. of Gwangyang Health college, 2011.
- LG Economic Reserch Institute(LGERI), Social media, Medical[Internet]. [cited 2015 October 20]. Available from: http://www.lgeri.co.kr/industry/etc/article.asp?grouping=01030400&seq=141.