- Volume 24 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Turbine Design for Turbo-compound System to Recover Exhaust Gas Energy Using 1-D Mean Line Flow Model
1-D Mean Line Flow Model을 이용한 엔진 배기에너지 회수를 위한 터보컴파운드 시스템용 터빈 설계
- Received : 2015.08.31
- Accepted : 2015.10.30
- Published : 2016.01.01
The aim of this study was to find the initial design value of turbine blade for electrical type turbocompound system generating 10 kW. Turbocompound is one of the waste heat recovery system applying to internal combustion engine to recover exhaust gas energy that was about 30 % of total input energy. To design the turbine blade, 1-D mean line flow model was used. Exhaust gas temperature, pressure, flow rate and turbine rotating speed was fixed as primary boundary conditions. The velocity triangles was defined and used to determine the rotor inlet radius and width, the rotor outlet radius at shroud and radius at hub, the rotor flow angles and the number of blades.
Turbocompound;Wast heat recovery;Turbin;Design;Velocity triangle
- L. Arnaud, G. Ludovic, D. Mouad, Z. Hamid and L. Vincent, "Comparison and Impact of Waste Heat Recovery Technologies on Passenger Car Fuel Comsumption in a Normalized Driving Cycle," Energies, Vol.7, No.8, pp.5273-5290, 2014. https://doi.org/10.3390/en7085273
- S. Glover, R. Douglas, L. Glover, G. Mccullough and S. Mckenna, "Automotive Waste Heat Recovery: Working Fluid Selection and Related Boundary Conditions," Int. J. Automotive Technology, Vol.16, No.3, pp.399-409, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12239-015-0041-2
- J. S. Jadhao and D. G. Thombare, "Review on Exhaust Gas Heat Recovery for I.C. Engine," Int. J. Engineering and Innovative Technology, Vol.2, Issue 12, pp.93-100, 2013.
- S. A. Korpela, Principles of Turbomachinery, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 2011.
- A. J. Glassman, Computer Program for Design and Analysis of Radial Inflow Turbines, NASA TN 8164, 1976.
- R. H. Aungier, Turbine Aerodynamics: Axial-Flow and Radial-inflow Turbine Design and Analysis, ASME Press, New York, 2006.
- A. Whitfield and N. C. Baines, Design of Radial Turbomachines, Longman Scientific & Technical, New York, 1990.
- H. Moustapha, M. F. Zelesky, N. C. Baines and D. Japikse, Axial and Radial Turbines, Concepts NREC, 2003.
- H. Chen and N. C. Baines, "The Aerodynamic Loading of Radial and Mixed Flow Turbines," Int. J. Mechanical Sciences, Vol.36, Issue 1, pp.63-79, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1016/0020-7403(94)90007-8
- H. J. Wood, "Current Technology of Radialinflow Turbines for Compressible Fluids," Journal of Engineering for Power, Trans. ASME, Vol.85, No.1, pp.72-83, 1963. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3675226
- H. D. Linhardt, "The Large Power-output Radial Inflow Turbine," Proceedings of the 3rd Turbomachinery Symposium, Turbomachinery Laboratory, Texas, pp.8-16, 1974.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술연구원