- Volume 24 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Integrated Fault Diagnosis Algorithm for Driving Motor of In-wheel Independent Drive Electric Vehicle
인휠 독립 구동 전기 자동차의 구동 모터 통합 고장 진단 알고리즘
- Received : 2015.10.12
- Accepted : 2015.10.23
- Published : 2016.01.01
This paper presents an integrated fault diagnosis algorithm for driving motor of In-wheel independent drive electric vehicle. Especially, this paper proposes a method that integrated the high level fault diagnosis and the low level fault diagnosis in order to improve a robustness and performance of the fault diagnosis system. The high level fault diagnosis is performed using the vehicle dynamics analysis and the low level fault diagnosis is carried using the motor system analysis. The validity of the high level fault diagnosis algorithms was verified through
High level fault diagnosis;Low level fault diagnosis;Integrated fault diagnosis;Residual;Fault table;Fault detection flag
- Y. Hori, Y. Toyoda and Y. Tsuruoka, "Traction Control of Electric Vehicle: Basic Experimental Results Using the Test EV 'UOT Electric March'," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol.34, Issue 5, pp.1131-1138, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.720454
- Y. Hori, "Future Vehicle Driven by Electricity and Control-research on Four-wheel-motored, 'UOT Electric March II'," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol.51, Issue 5, pp.954-962, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2004.834944
- E. Y. Chow and A. S. Willsky, "Analytical Redundancy and the Design of Robust Failure Detection Systems," Automatic Control, IEEE Transactions on, Vol.29, Issue 7, pp.603-614, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.1984.1103593
- M. E. H. Benbouzid, D. Diallo and M. Zeraoulia, "Advanced Fault-tolerant Control of Inductionmotor Drives for EV/HEV Traction Applications: From Conventional to Modern and Intelligent Control Techniques," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol.56, Issue 2, pp.519-528, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2006.889579
- B. Akin, S. B. Ozturk, H. Toliyat and M. Rayner, "DSP-based Sensorless Electric Motor Faultdiagnosis Tools for Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicle Powertrain Applications," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol.58, Issue 5, pp.2150-2159, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2008.2007587
- B.-H. Lee, N.-J. Jeon and H.-C. Lee, "Current Sensor Fault Detection and Isolation of the Driving Motor for an In-wheel Motor Drive Vehicle International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems (ICCAS 2011)," 2011 11th International Conference (ICCAS), pp.486-491, 2011.
- D. Diallo, M. E. H. Benbouzid and A. Makouf, "A Fault-tolerant Control Architecture for Induction Motor Drives in Automotive Applications," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technolygy, Vol.53, Issue 6, pp.1847-1855, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2004.833610
- C. J. Ifedi, B. C. Mecrow, S. T. Brockway, G. S. Boast, G. J. Atkinson and D. Kostic-Perovic, "Fault-tolerant In-wheel Motor Topologies for High-performance Electric Vehicles," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol.49, Issue 3, pp.1249-1257, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2013.2252131
- Y.-S. Jeong, S.-K. Sul, S. E. Schulz and N. R. Patel, "Fault Detection and Fault-tolerant Control of Interior Permanent-magnet Motor Drive System for Electric Vehicle," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol.41, Issue 1, pp.46-51, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2004.840947
- B.-G. Park, K.-J. Lee, R.-Y. Kim, T.-S. Kim, J.-S. Ryu and D.-S. Hyun, "Simple Fault Diagnosis Based on Operating Characteristic of Brushless Direct-current Motor Drives," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol.58, Issue 5, pp.1586-1593, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2010.2072895
- M. Naidu, S. Gopalakrishnan and T. W. Nehl, "Fault-tolerant Permanent Magnet Motor Drive Topologies for Automotive X-by-wire Systems," Industry Applications, IEEE Transactions on, Vol.46, Issue 2, pp.841-848, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2009.2039982
- L. Parsa and H. A. Toliyat, "Fault-tolerant Interior-permanent-magnet Machines for Hybrid Electric Vehicle Applications," Vehicular Technology, IEEE Transactions on, Vol.56, Issue 4, pp.1546-1552, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2007.896978
- X. Fang, J. Gertler, M. Kunwer, J. Heron and T. Barkana, "A Double-threshold-testing Robust Method for Fault Detection and Isolation in Dynamic Systems," American Control Conference, Vol.2, pp.1979-1983, 1994.
- B. Song and J. K. Hedrick, "Fault Tolerant Nonlinear Control with Applications to an Automated Transit Bus," Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol.43, Issue 5, pp.331-350, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423110412331282922
- S. Kim, B. Song and H. Song, "Integrated Fault Detection and Diagnosis System for Longitudinal Control of an Autonomous All-terrain Vehicle (ATV)," Int. J. Automotive Technology, Vol.10, No.4, pp.505-512, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12239-009-0058-5
- Q. Zhou, Y. Ai and H. Bao, "A Hybrid Vehicle Model for Advanced Cruise Control," Proceedings of the Intelligent Transportation Systems, IEEE, pp.1165-1170. 2003.
- G. Kaiser, Q. Liu, C. Hoffmann, M. Korte and H. Werner, "Torque Vectoring for an Electric Vehicle Using an LPV Drive Controller and a Torque and Slip Limiter," IEEE 51st Annual Conference(CDC), pp.5016-5021, 2012.
- O. Mokhiamar and M. Abe, "How the Four Wheels Should Share Forces in an Optimum Cooperative Chassis Control," Control Engineering Practice, Vol.14, No.3, pp.295-304, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conengprac.2005.03.023
- R. Isermann, Fault-diagnosis Systems-An Introduction from Fault Detection to Fault Tolerance, Springer, New York, pp.107-108, 2006.
- W. L. Soong and N. Ertugrul, "Field-weakening Performance of Interior Permanent-magnet Motors," Industry Applications, IEEE Transactions on, Vol.38, No.5, pp.1251-1258, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2002.803013
- N. Bianchi and S. Bolognani, "Interior PM Synchronous Motor for High Performance Applications," Proceedings of the Power Conversion Conference, PCC-Osaka, pp.148-153, 2002.
- M. Blanke and J. Schroder, Diagnosis and Fault-tolerant Control, Vol.2, Springer, Berlin, 2006.
- A. M. Rahman and P. Zhou, "Analysis of Brushless Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol.43, Issue 2, pp. 256-267, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.491349
- Development of Fault Injection Simulation Environment for ADAS Systems and Case Studies of Fail-Safety Evaluation vol.25, pp.6, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7467/KSAE.2017.25.6.767
- Integrated Fault Diagnosis Algorithm for Motor Sensors of In-Wheel Independent Drive Electric Vehicles vol.16, pp.12, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3390/s16122106
Grant : 주행 안전성 향상을 위한 소형자동차용 지능형 부하 분산 전동통합샤시 시스템 개발
Supported by : 지식경제부, 정보통신기술진흥센터