- Volume 26 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Extraction of Slope Surface Orientation using LIDAR with respect to Triangulation Method and Sampling on the Point Cloud
LIDAR를 이용한 삼차원 점군 데이터의 삼각망 구성 방법 및 샘플링에 따른 암반 불연속면 방향 검출에 관한 연구
- Received : 2016.02.23
- Accepted : 2016.02.25
- Published : 2016.02.29
In this study, a LIDAR laser scanner was used to scan a rock slope around Mt. Gwanak and to produce point cloud from which directional information of rock joint surfaces shall be extracted. It was analyzed using two different algorithms, i.e. Ball Pivoting and Wrap algorithm, and four sampling intervals, i.e. raw, 2, 5, and 10 cm. The results of Fuzzy K-mean clustering were analyzed on the stereonet. As a result, the Ball Pivoting and Wrap algorithms were considered suitable for extraction of rock surface orientation. In the case of 5 cm sampling interval, both triangulation algorithms extracted the most number of the patch and patched area.
Point cloud;Triangulation;Orientation extraction;Sampling interval
- Abellan, A., Jaboyedoff, M., Oppikofer, T., Vilaplana, J.M., 2009, Detection of millimetric deformation using a terrestrial laser scanner: experiment and application to a rockfall event, Natural Hazards and Earth System Science, Vol. 9, 365-372. https://doi.org/10.5194/nhess-9-365-2009
- Abellan, A., Oppikofer, T., Jaboyedoff, M., Rosser, N. J., Lim, M., & Lato, M. J., 2014, Terrestrial laser scanning of rock slope instabilities, Earth Surface Processes and Landforms, Vol. 39, No. 1, 80-97. https://doi.org/10.1002/esp.3493
- B. Delaunay, 1934, Sur la sphere vide. A la memoire de Georges Voronoi, Bulletin de l'Academie des Sciences de l'URSS. Classe des sciences mathematiques et na, No. 6, 793-800.
- Bernardini, F., Mittleman, J., Rushmeier, H., Silva, C., & Taubin, G., 1999, The ball-pivoting algorithm for surface reconstruction, Visualization and Computer Graphics, Vol. 5, No. 4, 349-359. https://doi.org/10.1109/2945.817351
- Edelsbrunner, H., 2003, Surface reconstruction by wrapping finite sets in space, Descrete & Computational Geometry, Springer, Berlin, 379-404.
- Hammah, R. E., & Curran, J. H., 1998, Fuzzy Cluster Algorithm for the Automatic Identification of Joint Sets, International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, Vol. 35, No. 7, pp. 889-905. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-9062(98)00011-4
- Jeong, C.Y., Park, H.D., 2003, DEM generation of rock slope using laser scanning and digital stereo photogrametry, Tunnel & Underground Space, Vol. 13, No. 3, 207-214.
- Jung, Y.B., Jeon, S., 2003, Fuzzy Clustering Method for the Identification of Joint Sets, Tunnel & Underground Space, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 294-303.
- Kasperski, J., Delacourt, C., Allemand, P., Potherat, P., Jaud, M., Varrel, E., 2010, Application of a Terrestrial Laser Scanner (TLS) to the study of the Sechilienne landslide (Isere France), Remote Sensing, Vol. 2, No. 12, 2785-2802. https://doi.org/10.3390/rs122785
- Kemeny, J., Turner, K., & Norton, B., 2006, LIDAR for rock mass characterization: hardware, software, accuracy and best-practices, Laser and Photogrammetric Methods for Rock Face Characterization, 49-62.
- Kim, C., Kemeny, J., Automatic extraction of fractures and their characteristics in rock masses by LIDAR system and the Split-FX software, Tunnel & Underground Space, Vol. 19, No. 1, 1-10.
- Lichti, D.D., Gordon, S.J., Stewart, M.P., 2002, Ground-based laser scanners: operation systems and applications, Geomatica, Vol. 56, No. 1, 21-33.
- Oh, S., 2011, Extraction of Rock Discontinuity Orientation by Laser Scanning Technique, Masters thesis, Seoul National University, 73p.
- Oppikofer, T., Jaboyedoff, M., Blikra, L., Derron, M.H., Metzger, R., 2009, Characterization and monitoring of the Åknes rockslide using terrestrial laser scanning, Natural Hazards and Earth System Science, Vol. 9, 1003-1019. https://doi.org/10.5194/nhess-9-1003-2009
- Park, S.H., Lee, S.G., Lee, B.K., Kim, C.H., 2015, A study on reliability of joint orientation measurements in rock slope using 3d laser scanner, Tunnel & Underground Space, Vol. 25, No. 1, 97-106. https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2015.25.1.097
- Rosser, N.J., Petley, D.N., Lim, M., Dunning, S.A., Allison, R.J., 2005, Terrestrial laser scanning for monitoring the process of hard rock coastal cliff erosion, Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology, Vol. 38, No. 4, 363-375. https://doi.org/10.1144/1470-9236/05-008
- Schurch, P., Densmore, A.L., Rosser, N.J., Lim M., McArdell, B.W., 2011, Detection of surface change in complex topography using terrestrial laser scanning: application to the Illgraben debris-flow channel, Earth Surface Processes and Landforms, Vol. 36, 1847-1859. https://doi.org/10.1002/esp.2206
- Slob, S., Hack, R., Turner, A.K., 2002, An approach to automate discontinuity measurements of rock faces using laser scanning techniques, ISRM International Symposium on Rock Engineering for Mountainous Regions : EUROCK 2002, 87-94.
- Ulusay, R., Hudson, J.A., 2007, The Complete ISRM Suggested Methods for Rock Characterization, Testing and Monitoring: 1974-2006, International Society for Rock Mechanics, Compilation Arranged by the ISRM Turkish National Group, Ankara, p. 628.
- Analysis of Blasting Overbreak using Stereo Photogrammetry in an Underground Mine vol.26, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2016.26.5.348
Supported by : 한국연구재단