- Volume 17 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
An Estimated Closeness Centrality Ranking Algorithm for Large-Scale Workflow Affiliation Networks
대규모 워크플로우 소속성 네트워크를 위한 근접 중심도 랭킹 알고리즘
Lee, Do-kyong;Ahn, Hyun;Kim, Kwang-hoon Pio
- Received : 2015.02.03
- Accepted : 2015.10.14
- Published : 2016.02.29
A type of workflow affiliation network is one of the specialized social network types, which represents the associative relation between actors and activities. There are many methods on a workflow affiliation network measuring centralities such as degree centrality, closeness centrality, betweenness centrality, eigenvector centrality. In particular, we are interested in the closeness centrality measurements on a workflow affiliation network discovered from enterprise workflow models, and we know that the time complexity problem is raised according to increasing the size of the workflow affiliation network. This paper proposes an estimated ranking algorithm and analyzes the accuracy and average computation time of the proposed algorithm. As a result, we show that the accuracy improves 47.5%, 29.44% in the sizes of network and the rates of samples, respectively. Also the estimated ranking algorithm's average computation time improves more than 82.40%, comparison with the original algorithm, when the network size is 2400, sampling rate is 30%.
affiliation network;estimated closeness centrality;ranking algorithm
- A. Battestseg, H. Ahn, Y. Lee, M. Park, H. Kim, W. Yoon, K. Kim, "Organizational Closeness Centrality Analysis on Workflow-supported Activity-Performer Affiliation Networks", Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology, pp. 154-157, 2013. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=6488160
- H. Ahn, K. Kim, "An Activity-Performer Bipartite Matrix Generation Algorithm for Analyzing Workflow-supported Human-Resource Affiliations", Journal of Korean Society for Internet Information, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 25-34, 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.7472/jksii.2013.14.2.25
- D. Knoke, S. Yang, SOCIAL NETWORK ANALYSIS- 2nd Edition, Series : Quantitative Applications in the Social Science, SAGE Publications, 2008.
- D. Lee, H. Ahn, H. Kim, K. Kim, "A Ranking Algorithm of Closeness Centralities for Large-Scale Workflowsupported Affiliation Networks", Korean Society for Internet Information, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 37-38. 2014.
- D. Lee, H. Ahn, H. Kim, K. Kim, "Accuracy Analysis of an Estimated Closeness Centrality based Ranking Algorithm in Large Scale Workflow-supported Affiliation Networks", Korean Society for Internet Information, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 171-172, 2014.
- A. Aini, A. Salehipour, "Speeding up the Floyd-Warshall algorithm for the cycled shortest path problem.", Applied Mathematics Letters Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 1-5, 2012. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.aml.2011.06.008 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aml.2011.06.008
- H. Kim, H. Ahn, K. Kim, "A Workflow Affiliation Network Discovery Algorithm", ICIC Express Letters(SCOPUS), Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 765-770, 2012.
- J. Song, M. Kim, H. Kim, K. Kim, "A Framework : Workflow-based Social Network Discovery and Analysis", Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, pp. 421-426, 2010. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/CSE.2010.74
- Van Der Aalst, W. M, H. A. Reijers, and M. Song., "Discovering social networks from event logs." Journal of Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW), Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 549-593, 2005. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10606-005-9005-9 https://doi.org/10.1007/s10606-005-9005-9
- J. Song, M. Kim, H. Kim, K. Kim, "A Framework : Workflow-based Social Network Discovery and Analysis", Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, pp. 421-426, 2010.
- M. Park, K. Kim, "Control-Path Oriented Workflow Intelligence Analaysis", Journal of Information Science and Engineering, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 343-359, 2008. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICCIT.2007.212
- M. Park, K. Kim, "A Workflow Event Logging Mechanism and Its Implications on Quality of Workflows", Journal of Information Science and Eingineering, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp. 1817-1830, 2010.
- K. Kim, C.A. ELLIS, "Workflow Reduction for Reachable-path Rediscovery in Workflow Mining", Foundations and Novel Approaches in Data Mining, Vol. 9, pp. 288-309, 2006. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/11539827_17
- Page. Lawrence, et al., "The PageRank citation ranking: Bringing order to the web.", 1999. http://ilpubs.stanford.edu:8090/422/
- K. Okamoto, W. Chen, X.Y. Li, "Ranking of Closeness Centrality for Large-Scale Social Networks", Lecture Notes in Computer Science of Frontiers in Algorithmics, Vol. 50 No. 59, pp. 186-195, 2008.
- K. Faust, "Centrality in affiliation netwokrs", Social Networks, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp.157-191, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-8733(96)00300-0
- Borgatti, Stephen P., and Daniel S. Halgin, "Analyzing affiliation networks." The Sage handbook of social network analysis, pp. 417-433, 2011.
- H. Ahn, C. Park, K. Kim, "A correspondence analysis framework for workflow-supported performer-activity affiliation networks", Advanced Communication Technology (ICACT), 2014 16th International Conference on. IEEE, 2014.
- E. Yan, D. Ying, "Applying centrality measures to impact analysis: A coauthorship network analysis." Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, Vol. 60, No. 10, pp. 2107-2118, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1002/asi.21128
- T. Frank, "A Family of Affiliation Indices for Two-Mode Networks." Journal of Social Structure Vol. 14, 2013.
Supported by : 한국연구재단