- Volume 44 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Improvement of Sincheon Waterfront using the ISA
ISA 분석을 활용한 신천 수변공간의 개선방안 연구
- Received : 2015.08.13
- Accepted : 2016.01.12
- Published : 2016.02.29
The purpose of this study is to suggest an improvement plan for the waterfront by conducting an empirical analysis of users of the city's waterfront. For this purpose, this study conducted a field investigation and questionnaire survey on the waterfront of Sincheon, Daegu Metropolitan City. Based on this, this study investigated the importance and satisfaction levels of environmental factors according to the purpose of using the waterfront and proposed the improvement plans through an ISA(Importance-Satisfaction Analysis). The analysis results are as follows. In the case of using the waterfront for exercise, 'The division of bicycle trails and promenades' had the highest level of importance, while satisfaction level for items with 'Convenience facilities such as vending machines, toilets and water fountains' was found to be the lowest. In the case of using the waterfront for leisure and relaxation, 'Tree shade' had the highest level of importance, and the satisfaction level of the item on 'Whether to hold events such as exhibitions' was lowest. The ISA results showed that when the waterfront was used for the purpose of exercise, leisure and relaxation, items such as 'Convenience facilities such as vending machines, toilets and water fountains', 'Cleanliness of space and water quality' and 'Water quality management' had a high level of importance, but had a low level of satisfaction, which suggests that they should be improved on a preferential basis. Next, items requiring intensive improvement for exercise purposes were 'Tree shade', 'Rest facilities such as benches and pergolas', 'Width of bicycle trails and promenades' and 'The division of bicycle trails and promenades'. Leisure and relaxation found that 'Lighting facilities' require improvement. It is expected that if a river improvement project is implemented based on the above results, effective financial commitment and investment will be made.
Analysis of User Behaviors;Environmental Factors;Importance;Satisfaction
- Lee, S. M.(2010) The Study on the Characteristics of Design for Waterfront in the Downtown Area; Focused on the BAN-PO District in the HAN River. MS Dissertation. Hong-Ik University, Korea.
- Lee W. C(2014) Derivation Study of Urban-Rehabilitation Strategies and Planning Factors for Waterfront Areas in Consideration of Revitalization. Ph.D. Dissertation. Hanyang University, Korea.
- Lee, W. S.(2011) The Assessment of Green Environment and Establishment of Planning Direction for the Sustainable Urban Space. Ph.D. Dissertation. Kyungpook National University, Korea.
- Martila. J. A. and J. C. James(1977) Importance-performance analysis. Journal of Marketing 41(1): 77-79. https://doi.org/10.2307/1250495
- Gang, O. S.(2011) A Study on the Waterfront Regeneration: Cases of 5 Reservoirs in Gwangju. MS Dissertation. Korea University, Korea.
- Gobster, Paul H.(1995) Perception and use of a metropolitan greenway system for recreation. Landscape and Urban Planning 33: 401-413. https://doi.org/10.1016/0169-2046(94)02031-A
- Hammitt, W. E., M. D. Bixer and P. Francis(1996) Going beyond important performance analysis to analyze the observance-influence of park impact. Journal of Park and Recreation Administration 14(1): 45-62.
- Han, J. H. and D. S. Oh(2002) A review for the direction of physical plan in waterfront. Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture 22(1): 375-378.
- Hwang, J. A.(2007) A Study on Analyzing the Inducement Area by Types of Facilities in Riverside Park of the Urban Stream. MS Dissertation. Hanyang University, Korea.
- Jang, M. S.(2007) An Evaluation on User's Satisfaction in Waterfront Park. MS Dissertation. Yeungnam University, Korea.
- Jin, Y. J.(2001) A Study on the Constitution of the Urban Waterfront. MS Dissertation. Hong-Ik University, Korea.
- Kim, D. C., D. K. Kim and S. H. Kim(2010) A study on postoccupancy evaluation of Sincheon riverside in Daegu city. Journal of Korean Society for Plants, People and Environment 13(6): 75-85.
- Kim, H. S.(2009) An Analysis of Waterfront Urban Design Criteria for Urban Regeneration. MS Dissertation, Yonsei University, Korea.
- Kim, J. H.(2008) Research about Waterfront Green Fitness Park Plan for Good Use Healthy Leisure of City Dweller. MS Dissertation. Hong- Ik University, Korea.
- Kim, M. K.(2010) A Study on the Urban Waterfront Revitalization: Focused on the Integrated Design for Urban Waterfront. Ph.D Dissertation. Chungang University, Korea.
- Kim, S. U. and T. Y. Jung(2013) A study on facility and satisfaction of Han River Citizen's Park: A case study of Ttuksum district. Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture 41(2): 59-68. https://doi.org/10.9715/KILA.2013.41.2.059
- Konijnendijk, C. C., K. Nilsson, T. B. Randrup, and J. Schipperijn(2005) Urban Forests and Tree: A Reference Book. Springer. Berlin 516.
- Lee, H. H.(2010) An Analysis of Bike Road Design Projects in Tributaries of HanRiver. MS Dissertation. Hong-Ik University, Korea.
- Lee, H, R.(2005) A Study on the Importance and Performance of Banquet Service in Hotels. MS Dissertation. Daegu University, Korea.
- Lee, J. and S. R. Kim(2014) A study on the attraction factors of ecocity using importance-satisfaction analysis: The case of Suncheon city. Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture 42(2): 52-64.
- Lee, J. A., J. J. Kim, M. N. Yoo, E. Y. Kim and J. H. Chon(2010) Satisfaction and anticipated benefits on a community based riparian greenway: Focused on Tancheon greenway. Seoul Studies 11(3): 15-28.
- Lee, M. Y.(2007) A Study on the Satisfaction of Hydrophilic Space Facility in Natural Stream in Urban Areas: Focused on the Natural Stream Cases of Seoul. MS Dissertation. Hanyang University, Korea.
- Lee, S. G.(2013) Evaluation of Local Sports Event Service Quality through IPA Analysis and Relationship Analysis among Service Quality, Service Value, Customer Satisfaction and Reentrance Intention. Ph.D. Dissertation. Mokpo National University, Korea.
- Kim, H. J. and K. H. Lee(2012) Analysis of factors affecting satisfaction for using the pedestrian space of the rivers in Seoul: Focusing on Seongnaecheon, Yangjaecheon, Cheonggyecheon. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea 28(11): 144-150.
- Kim, D. C. andW. Y. Choi(2013) Study on selection attributes of fishing experience villages for the revitalization of eco experience tourism. Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture 41(6): 29-42. https://doi.org/10.9715/KILA.2013.41.6.029
- Kim, H. J.(2010) Citizen's Needs and Uses on Greenspace of Waterside Park: Focusing on Bong-Mu Park and Su-seoung Resort in Daegu. MS Dissertation, Keimyung University, Korea.
- Kim, H. J.(2012) Current status and environment-friendly development policy of urban riverfront in Korea on the basis of it's locational property. Journal of the Korea Contents Association 12(3): 449-460.
- Ban, Y. U., J. I. Baek, K. M. Han, J. H. Jung and Y. M. Kim(2012) Integrated evaluation of greenway in Cheonju city. Journal of the Korean Regional Development Association 24(3): 157-172.
- Bae, Y.(2002) Analysis of the Satisfaction Level on Natural Type Stream. MS Dissertation. Yonsei University, Korea.
- Choi, T. J.(2012) A Study on Improvement and Importance of Factors and Functions of Downtown Waterfront. MS Dissertation. Hanyang University, Korea.
- Mun, J. Y. and D. S. Oh(2007) Urban regeneration on the waterfront in the city through the examples. Proceeding of Annual Conference of the Architectural Institute of Korea 27(1): 639-642.
- Mun, J. Y.(2009)A Study on the Planning Methods of the Waterfront Activating the Urban Space. MS Dissertation. Chungnam National University, Korea.
- Park, S. H.(2013) Efficient Management Solution for Urban Ecological Park through the Evaluation : With Reference to Kildong and Yeouido Tributary Ecological Park. MS Dissertation. Korea University, Korea.
- Shafer, C. S., B. K. Lee and S. Turner(2000) A tale of three greenway trails: user perceptions related to quality of life. Landscape and Urban Planning 49: 163-178. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0169-2046(00)00057-8
- Uhr, J. Y. and H. K. Yuh(2008) A study on the space-planning of waterfront area in accordance with urban regeneration scheme: Through the examples of Bercy and Tolbiac districts in Paris. Journal of the Korea Planning Association 43(4): 119-130.
- Yang, Y. K.(2009) A Study on the Characteristics and Preferences of the Urban Riverscape: Focused on the Shincheon in Daegu. MS Dissertation. Catholic University of Daegu, Korea.