- Volume 44 Issue 1
The purpose of this study is to analyze the visions of visual landscape planning and to suggest improvements for it. This study overviews currents methods of making the vision of visual landscape planning by group interview with hands-on workers. Thirty-two cases of visual landscape planning are reviewed to analyze the forms and contents of vision of visual landscape planning. The purpose of urban vision and city slogans are fairly similar to the vision of visual landscape planning; therefore, this study reviews and compares them. According to this study, we conducted writing direction and policy implications. The results of this study are as follows. The vision of visual landscape planning is written by consulting the landscape resources survey and visions of upper plans. These writing methods are able to enhance the consistency of each chapter in visual landscape planning, and the consistency between visual landscape planning and upper plans. Thus, it is desirable to revise landscape planning guidelines with this method. The current vision of visual landscape planning is written in the form of a city slogan. But the vision of visual landscape planning is not a means of publicity and transformational use. So, the form of the vision needs to be revised. This study analyzed the correlation among the vision of visual landscape planning, urban vision, and city slogan. There is a closer correspondence between the vision of visual landscape planning and urban vision than city slogan. This result means that it is beneficial to write the vision of visual landscape planning in consideration of the upper plan. Henceforward, for maintaining and enhancing consistency detailed contents in landscape planning guidelines are needed.
Landscape Law;Urban Vision;City Slogan;Guideline of the Landscape Planning
- Byeon, J. S.(2009) An analysis of Korean cities' straegy on city images and city brand slogans. Journal of the Korea Planning Association 44(6): 105-121.
- Im, S. B.(1991) Theories of the Landscape Analysis. Seoul National University Press.
- Joo, S. H. and S. B. Im(2000) Domestic and foreign trends in the study of the landscape evaluation. Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture 28(2): 49-60.
- Joo, S. H. and Y. H. Km(2011) Analysis of guideline and content of visual landscape planning in Korea. Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture 39(4): 1-10.
- Joo, S. H., W. H. Baek, J. H. Shin and J. H. Mok(2008) The assessment of the landscape planning phases by importance-performance analysis -Focused on the landscape planning of development sites. Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture 36(4): 74-82.
- Joo, S. J.(1999) Prospects on future territorial changes: Results of a Delphi test. The Korean Spatial Planning Review 28: 29-44.
- Kim, H. B.(2003) A comparative study on the methodology for urban landscape planning. Journal of Korea Planning Association 38(5): 213-230.
- Kim, H. J., S. U. Oh, J. S. Ryu and W. K. Bae(2008) Analysis on the characteristics of landscape master plan and its contents in Korea. Proceeding of Urban Institute of Korea, 2008, Fall: 179-189.
- Korean Landscape Council(2008) Law of Landscape & Landscape Planing. Bomundang.
- Kwon, S. H. and Y. S. Kim(2012) Analysis on the establishment status and problems of the cityscape plan in Seoul - Focused on cityscape & design plan in Seoul. Urban Design 53: 83-103.
- Lee, K. J.(1996) An Analysis of Consistency of the Method to Integrate Contents between Level of National Curriculum Development and Textbook Development. Master Thesis, Ewha Women's University, Korea.
- Lee, W. J. and N. J. Kim(2005) A study on the elements of city brand image and influences. Journal of the Korea Planning Association 40(6): 177-192.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs(2012) A Study on the Substantiality of Landscape Review Systemand Landscape Planning, Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs.
- Nam, G. K.(2004) ResearchMethods for Public Administraion. Bupmunsa.
- National Institute of Korean Language(2015) Korean Standard Dictionary. National Institute of Korean Language.
- Shin, Y. C., Y. G. Kim and J. H. Koo(2011) The classification of cities and counties in Gyeonggi-do based on analysis of effect and cognition characteristics on city identity ad city brand. Journal of the Korea Planning Association 46(5): 5-18.
- Shin, Y. J.(2015) A Study on the Contents Consistency between Steps of Landscape Plans. Master Thesis, Seoul Women's University, Korea.
Supported by : 서울여자대학교