- Volume 44 Issue 1
Urban park planning has become difficult due to the lack of municipal funds. Thereupon, a special scheme was imposed for city park planning. Since then, a legal amendment was made for economical improvement and more active participation. However, there are a lot of questions about whether it was a suitable direction for parks and where it should be emphasized for public interest. Base on these concerns, this study examined the basis and characteristics of location, creation, and maintenance of private development parks in Japan, which was the policy model of Korean private parks. Location and space planning of private development parks was made up considering an effective green network and disaster prevention function, and a minimum area was about 1.42ha. The minimum area, 1ha, was established on the basis of considering realistic possibilities, disaster protection, and universal validity. It was also amended to consider the standard of type two mid- to high-rise exclusive residential areas and consultation with regional governance. Finally, it was built on the lowest limit of ordinance of the relevant city; for example, 100% of the floor area ratio, 30% of the building coverage ratio, and the maximum height of 11 stories, etc. For maintenance, private and public sectors were working together. Maintenance fees for 35 years (based on
Disaster Prevention Park;Land Use Zone;Green Network;Building Coverage Ratio;Floor Area Ratio
- Jung, J. K.(2014) A Study on the Private Capital Utilization Method and Characteristics of Private Development Parks in Japan. Master Degree Thesis, Hankyung National University, Ansung, Korea.
- Kawai, M. and O. Yokoyama(2009) Practical using of the Ppen Space in the city center and its effectiveness: A case study of use for the event in Osaka(Chuo-ku and Kita-ku). Urban Planning, Building Economics and Housing Problems 2009: 805-806.
- Kawasaki, Y.(2014) Study on the redevelopment of suburban amusement parks which railroad companies managed. Journal of the City Planning Institute of Japan 49(3): 273-278.
- Kim, H.(2012) A management characteristics of the national government park in Japan. Journal of Korea Society of Environmental Restoration Technology 15(5): 1-17.
- Kim, J. W.(2011) Uses of case-oriented policy research and suggestions for its development: Focusing on the methodological discussions of comparative social sciences. The Korea Association for Governance 18(3): 1-20.
- Land and Housing Institute(2012) A Study on the System of Park on Leased Land.
- Minai, N.(2006) Planning issue of closed amusement parks: Study on publication of public used private land. Urban Planning, Building Economics and Housing Problems 2006: 697-698.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism(2015) Guideline for planning and design of disaster prevention parks(draft), Technical note of NILIM, No.857.
- Parks & Open Space Association of Japan(2014) Guideline of Urban Park Law.
- Shimomura, Y.(2013) Amendment of urban park act, article 5 and park facilities set up by non-governmental sectors. Journal of the Japanese Institute of Landscape Architecture 76(5): 697-702. https://doi.org/10.5632/jila.76.697
- Soda, O.(2004) A study on getting the basic principles in public space. Journal of Architecture and Building Science 119(1520): 36-39.
- Tajima, K.(2010) Public-private partnerships for parks and open spaces in New York city. Rikkyo Economic Review 63(3): 51-69.
- Tsuji, Y., N. Nakai andM. Numata(2014) Astudy on the implementation of the system of park on leased land. Journal of the City Planning Institute of Japan 49(3): 255-260.
- Uemura, M., H. Tsuchida and H. Inoue(2014) Study on the open space of the city as seen from the spatial analysis of the privately owned public space. Summaries of Technical Papers of Annual Meeting 2014, 285-286.
Supported by : 단국대학교