- Volume 65 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Using the Under Voltage Load Shedding for Stability Enhancement of Power Systems Considering Induction Motor Load
유도전동기 부하 고려 시 저전압 부하차단을 이용한 전력계통 안정도 향상 방안
- Received : 2015.11.16
- Accepted : 2016.02.26
- Published : 2016.03.01
Recently, proportion of the induction motor load is gradually increased. When a contingency in the power systems, it has been discovered phenomenon that the voltage is delayed recover caused mechanical characteristics of the induction motor load. It can be a serious impact on the voltage stability of the power system considering induction motor load. The scheme to mitigate this phenomenon tripping off the motors to prevent voltage drop and delayed voltage recovery on the load demand side. Fault induced delayed voltage recovery phenomenon is caused by stalling of small induction motor load in transmission level contingencies. In this paper, fault induced delayed voltage recovery phenomenon mitigation method implementation under voltage load shedding on the korean power system considering induction motor load.
Delayed voltage recovery;Induction motor load;Under voltage load shedding;Voltage stability
- NERC Transmission Issues Subcommittee and System Protection and Control Subcommittee, "A Technical Reference Paper Fault-Induced Delayed Voltage Recovery", Version 1.2, June.2009.
- G. L., Chinn, "Modeling Stalled Induction Motors," Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exhibition, 2005/2006 IEEE PES, pp.1325-1328, 21-24 May 2006.
- Philip Irminger,"Air Conditioning Stall Phenomenon. Testing, Model Development, and Simulation", Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition (T&D), 2012 IEEE PES,
- N Lu,YL Xie,Z Huang," Air Conditioner Compressor Performance Model", Pacific Northwest, August.2008
- Prabha Kundur, "Power System Stability and Control", 1994
- Hua Bai, and V. Ajjarapu, "A Novel Online Load Shedding Strategy for Mitigating Fault Induced Delayed Voltage Recovery", IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, Vol.26, No.1, p.294-303, 2011 https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2010.2047279
- G. K. Stefopoulos and A. P. Meliopoulos, ""Induction motor load dynamics: Impact on voltage recovery phenomena,"" in Proc. IEEE Power Eng. Soc. General Meeting, Jun. 2006.
- S. Mark Halpin,"Slope-Permissive Under-Voltage Load Shed Relay for Delayed Voltage Recovery Mitigation", IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER SYSTEMS, VOL. 23, NO. 3, AUGUST 2008
- Shinichi Imai, "Undervoltage load shedding improving security as reasonable measure for extreme contingencies", Power Engineering Society General Meeting, IEEE, Vol.2, 1754-1759, 2005
- 'Undervoltage Load Shedding Protection', IEEE PES Power System Relaying Committee Draft 4.1