- Volume 32 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Pre-service and In-service Teachers' of Primary School, Competence in Designing Mathematical Assessment Item Development
초등 예비교사와 현직교사의 수학 평가문항 개발사례 연구
- Received : 2016.01.28
- Accepted : 2016.02.29
- Published : 2016.02.29
The purpose of this study is to investigate the assessment expertise of Mathematics' teachers, focusing on the competence in designing assessment item development. In this present research, I analysed how the teachers' competence appears in designing assessment items development when they generated problems the given problem into a new one. To examine this assumption, the following research questions were posed and investigated in the present study : How do Pre-service and In-service Teachers in primary schools develop the assessment item when generating problems the given problems into new problems? The result from the case study of metamorphosing the given problem into a new problem teachers used similar patterns switching numbers or changing units in order to develop new problems. Also, teachers in primary schools tend to develop problems as commonly as in the mathematics workbooks. In-service teachers tend to have better skills developing assessment items, but there were quite much of variability between individuals.
Designing Mathematical assessment items;Assessment competence
- 김신영(2007). 교교사의 학생평가전문성과 중등교사 양성과정. 교육평가연구, 20(1), 1-16.
- 김희경, 박상욱, 박종임, 정연준(2014). 창의인성교육을 위한 학생평가 어떻게 할까요? 한국교육과정평가원, PIM 2014-7
- 박미영(2013). 초.중등 예비교사와 현직교사의 수학과 평가문항 개발에 대한 자기인식과 실제 개발능력 연구. 이화여자대학교 박사학위논문.
- 성태제(2004). 문항제작 및 분석의 이론과 실제. 서울: 학지사.
- 성태제(2010). 현대교육평가. 서울: 학지사.
- 양길석(2005). 좋은 문항 제작자가 되려면. 한국교육과정평가원 웹진, 통권 12호.
- 이봉주, 조윤동, 김미경, 김보경(2010). 2010년 국가수준 학업성취도 평가 연구-수학-. 한국교육과정평가원. 연구보고 RRE 2011-3-4.
- 전영주(2012). 수학과 평가 문항제작의 실제. 한국학교수학회논문집, 15(2), 281-297.
- Brown, S. I., & Walter, M. I. (1990). The art of problem posing. Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum.
- Chamberlin, M. T., Powers, R., & Novak, J. (2008). Teachers' perceptions of mathematics content knowledge assessments in professional development courses. International Electronic Journal of Mathematics Education, 3(3), 155-178.
- Crespo, S. (2003). Learning to pose mathematical problems: Exploring changes in preservice teachers' practices. Educational Studies in Mathematics, 52, 243-270. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1024364304664
- Gick, M. L., & Holyoak, K. J. (1983). Schema induction and analogical transfer. Cognitive Psychology, 15, 1-38. https://doi.org/10.1016/0010-0285(83)90002-6
- Gonzales, N. A. (1996). Problem formulation: Insights from student generated questions. School Science and Mathematics, 96(3), 152-157. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1949-8594.1996.tb15830.x
- Kilpatrick, J. (1987). Problem Formulating: Where do Good Problems Come From?. In A. H. Schoenfeld (Ed.), Cognitive science and mathematics education (pp. 123-148). Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum Assoc.
- Leung, S. K. (1996). Problem posing as assessment: Reflections and Re-constructions. The Mathematics Educator, 1(2), 159-171. Singapore.
- Leung, S. K., & Silver, E. A. (1997). The role of task format, mathematics knowledge, and creative thinking on the arithmetic problem posing of prospective elementary school teachers. Mathematics Education Research Journal, 9, 5-24. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03217299
- Lin, P. J. (2004). Supporting Teachers on Designing Problem-Posing tasks as a tool of assessment to understand students' mathematical learning. In Hoines, M. J., & Fuglestad, A. B. (Eds.), Proceedings of the 28th Conference of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education, 3, (pp. 257-264). July 14-18. Norway: Bergen University College.
- Lin, P. J. (2006). Conceptualizing teachers' understanding of students' mathematical learning by using assessment tasks. International Journal of Science and Mathematics Education, 4(3), 545-580. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10763-006-9030-2
- McMillan, J. H. (2001). Secondary teachers' classroom assessment and grading practices. Educational Measurement: Issues and Practice, 20(1), 20-32.
- McMillan, J. H. (2002). Elementary school teachers' classroom assessment and grading practices. Journal of Educational Research, 95(4), 203-214. https://doi.org/10.1080/00220670209596593
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. (1991). Professional standards for teaching mathematics. Reston, VA: Author.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. (1995). Assessment standards for school mathematics. Reston, VA: Author.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. (2000). Principles and standards for school mathematics. Reston, VA: Author.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. (2007). Mathematics teaching today: Improving practice, improving student learning (2nd ed.). Reston, VA: Author.
- Silver, E. A. (1994). On Mathematical Problem Posing. For the Learning of Mathematics, 14, 19-28.
- Silver, E. A., & Cai, J. (2005). Assessing students' mathematical problem posing. Teaching Children Mathematics, 12(3), 129-135.
- Silver, E. A., Mamona-Downs, J., Leung, S. S., & Kenney, P. A. (1996). Posing mathematical problems: An exploratory study. Journal for Research in Mathematics Education, 27(3), 293-309. https://doi.org/10.2307/749366
- Stenmark. J. K. (1991). Mathematics assessment: Myths, models, good questions, and practical suggestions. Reston, VA: NCTM.
- Stickles, P. R. (2006). An analysis of secondary and middle school teachers' mathematical problem posing. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of Indiana.
- Vistro-Yu, C. (2009). Using innovation techniques to generate 'new' problems. In Kaur, B., Yeap, B. H., & Kapur, M. (Eds.), Mathematical Problem Solving: Yearbook 2009 (pp. 185-207). Singapore: Association of Mathematics Education and World Scientific.