- Volume 28 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Factors Affecting Discharge Delay in Lumbar Spinal Surgery Patients Who were Treated according to a Critical Pathway
표준진료지침을 적용한 요추 수술 환자의 퇴원 지연에 영향을 미치는 요인
- Received : 2015.10.05
- Accepted : 2016.02.04
- Published : 2016.02.29
Purpose: The aim of this study was to identify demographic, clinical, physical, and psychosocial factors affecting discharge delay in lumbar spinal surgery patients who were treated according to a critical pathway. Methods: A sample of 170 patients with lumbar spinal surgery agreed to participate in the study, between April 1, 2014 and August 30, 2015. Data were analyzed by mean, standard deviation, t-test,
Critical pathways;Patient discharge;Lumbar vertebrae
- Jun MH, Jung JY. A follow up study for elderly's disabilities in performing activities of daily life after lumbar spinal surgery. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education. 2010;16(1):140-9. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2010.16.1.140
- Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service. One out of every four was diagnosed with spinal disorders in 2014 [Internet]. Seoul: Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service; 2015 [cited 2015 November 26]. Available from: http://www.hira.or.kr/dummy.do?pgmid=HIRAA020041000000&cmsurl=/cms/inform/02/1343117_27116.html.
- The Korean Neurosurgical Society. Neurosurgery. 3th ed. Seoul: Jung-Ang Munhwasa; 2005.
- Lee MJ, Kim EK, Kim H, Lee SM. Effects of a video exercise program for spinal surgery patients on pain, daily living function and educational satisfaction. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research. 2009;15(3):39-48.
- Chung KH, Ko YS, Lim JA. Development of a critical pathway for patients with uterine artery embolization. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing. 2006;12(4):316-25.
- El Baz N, Middel B, van Dijk JP, Oosterhof A, Boonstra PW, Reijneveld SA. Are the outcomes of clinical pathways evidence-based? a critical appraisal of clinical pathway evaluation research. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice. 2007; 13(6):920-9. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2753.2006.00774.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2753.2006.00774.x
- Segal O, Bellemans J, Van Gerven E, Deneckere S, Panella M, Sermeus W, et al. Important variations in the content of care pathway documents for total knee arthroplasty may lead to quality and patient safety problems. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice. 2013;19(1):11-5. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2753.2011.01760.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2753.2011.01760.x
- Yoo KW. Development of a critical pathway for the patients following spinal disc surgery (lamincetomy, diskectomy, posterior lumbar interbody fusion and pedicle screw fixation). [master's thesis]. Kyungsan: Kyungsan University; 2000.
- Gruskay JA, Fu M, Bohl DD, Webb ML, Grauer JN. Factors affecting length of stay after elective posterior lumbar spine surgery: a multivariate analysis. The Spine Journal. 2015;15 (6):1188-95. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.spinee.2013.10.022 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.spinee.2013.10.022
- Kanaan SF, Waitman LR, Yeh HW, Arnold PM, Burton DC, Sharma NK. Structural equation model analysis of the lengthof-hospital stay after lumbar spine surgery. The Spine Journal. 2015;15(4):612-21. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.spinee.2014.11.001 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.spinee.2014.11.001
- Armaghani SJ, Lee DS, Bible JE, Shau DN, Kay H, Zhang C, et al. Increased preoperative narcotic use and its association with postoperative complications and length of hospital stay in patients undergoing spine surgery. Journal of Spinal Disorders & Techniques. 2014. Forthcoming. http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/BSD.0000000000000109
- Aljabi Y, El-Shawarby A, Cawley DT, Aherne T. Effect of epidural methylprednisolone on post-operative pain and length of hospital stay in patients undergoing lumbar microdiscectomy. The Surgeon. 2014. Forthcoming. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.surge.2014.03.012
- Kanaan SF, Yeh HW, Waitman RL, Burton DC, Arnold PM, Sharma NK. Predicting discharge placement and health care needs after lumbar spine laminectomy. Journal of Allied Health. 2014;43(2):88-97.
- Kripalani S, Jackson AT, Schnipper JL, Coleman EA. Promoting effective transitions of care at hospital discharge: a review of key issues for hospitalists. Journal of Hospital Medicine. 2007;2(5):314-23. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/jhm.228 https://doi.org/10.1002/jhm.228
- Carley JA, Karp JF, Gentili A, Marcum ZA, Reid MC, Rodriguez E, et al. Deconstructing chronic low back pain in the older adult: step by step evidence and expert-based recommendations for evaluation and treatment: part IV: depression. Pain Medicine. 2015;16(11):2098-108. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/pme.12935 https://doi.org/10.1111/pme.12935
- Wu JR, Song EK, Moser DK. Type D personality, self-efficacy, and medication adherence in patients with heart failure-a mediation analysis. Heart & Lung. 2015;44(4):276-81. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.hrtlng.2015.03.006 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hrtlng.2015.03.006
- Jung HJ, Choi M, Kim SS, Kim NG, Lee KY. The effects and variances of the critical pathway of laparoscopic colon resection in colon cancer patients. Asian Oncology Nursing. 2012; 12(3):204-12. http://dx.doi.org/10.5388/aon.2012.12.3.204 https://doi.org/10.5388/aon.2012.12.3.204
- Cheah J. Development and implementation of a clinical pathway programme in an acute care general hospital in Singapore. International Journal for Quality in Health Care: Journal of the International Society for Quality in Health Care. 2000;12(5):403-12. https://doi.org/10.1093/intqhc/12.5.403
- Rotstein C, Evans G, Born A, Grossman R, Light RB, Magder S, et al. Clinical practice guidelines for hospital acquired pneumonia and ventilator-associated pneumonia in adults. Canadian Journal of Infectious Disease Medicine & Microbiology. 2008;19(1), 19-53. https://doi.org/10.1155/2008/593289
- Faul F, Erdfelder E, Buchner A, Lang AG. Statistical power analyses using G*Power 3.1: tests for correlation and regression analyses. Behavior Research Methods. 2009;41:1149-60. https://doi.org/10.3758/BRM.41.4.1149
- Jeon CH, Kim DJ, Kim DJ, Lee HM, Park HJ. Cross-cultural adaptation of the Korean version of the oswestry disability index (ODI). Journal of Korean Society Spine Surgery. 2005; 12(2):146-52. http://dx.doi.org/10.4184/jkss.2005.12.2.146 https://doi.org/10.4184/jkss.2005.12.2.146
- Farrar JT, Young JP Jr, LaMoreaux L, Werth JL, Poole RM. Clinical importance of changes in chronic pain intensity measured on an 11-point numerical pain rating scale. Pain. 2001; 94(2):149-58. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-3959(01)00349-9
- Cho MJ, Kim KH. Diagnostic validity of the CES-D (Korean version) in the assessment of DSM-III-R major depression. Journal of Korean Neuropsychiatry Association. 1993;32(3): 381-99.
- Lim HE, Lee MS, Ko YH, Park YM, Joe SH, Kim YK, et al. Assessment of the D type personality construct in the Korean population: a validation study of the Korean DS14. Journal of Korean Medical Science. 2011;26:116-23. http://dx.doi.org/10.3346/jkms.2011.26.1.116 https://doi.org/10.3346/jkms.2011.26.1.116
- Denollet J. DS14: standard assessment of negative affectivity, social inhibition, and type D personality. Psychosomatic Medicine. 2005;67:89-97. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.psy.0000149256.81953.49
- Kang HS. Experimental study of the effects of reinforcement education for rehabilitation on hemiplegia patients' self-care activities. [dissertation]. Seoul: Yonsei University; 1984.
- Park JJ, Park HS. Development of a critical pathway for patients with lumbar laminectomy. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing. 2000;12(4):517-32.
- Sung YH. Development of a Case Management model and its application (for the laminectomy patients). [dissertation]. Seoul: Chung-Ang University; 2000.
- McClendon J, Smith TR, Thompson SE, Sugrue PA, O'shaughnessy BA, Ondra SL, et al. The impact of body mass index on hospital stay and complications after spinal fusion. Neurosurgery. 2014;74(1):42-50. http://dx.doi.org/10.1227/NEU.0000000000000195 https://doi.org/10.1227/NEU.0000000000000195
- Development and Effects of Early Exercise Program for Lumbar Spine Surgery Patients vol.30, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2018.30.3.245