- Volume 28 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Knowledge Management, Beliefs, and Competence on Evidence-Based Practice, Evidence-Based Decision Making of Nurses in General Hospitals
간호조직의 지식관리, 간호사의 근거기반실무 신념 및 역량이 근거기반 의사결정에 미치는 영향
Jang, In-Sook;Park, Myonghwa
- Received : 2015.11.10
- Accepted : 2016.02.13
- Published : 2016.02.29
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to explore how knowledge management of hospital and nurses' beliefs and competences on evidence-based practice can affect evidence-based decision making. Methods: In this descriptive study, a total of 184 nurses who were working in the five general hospitals participated. The data were collected through a self-administered questionnaire in September, 2014. Data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, independent t-test, one-way ANOVA, Pearson correlation coefficient, and step-wise multiple regression with SPSS/WIN Statistics 21.0 program. Results: Evidence-based decision making was correlated with EBP beliefs (r=.55, p<.001), EBP competence (r=.57, p<.001), and knowledge management (r=.50, p<.001). Hierarchical regression analysis showed that EBP beliefs (
Evidence-based practice;Knowledge management;Decision making;Beliefs;Competence
- Park SM, Kwon IG. Factors influencing nurses' clinical decision making: focusing on critical thinking disposition. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 2007;37(6):863-71. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2007.37.6.863
- Yi JE, Park MH. Nurses' access & use of information resources and barriers & competency of evidence based practice. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing. 2011;23(3):255-66.
- Cho MS, Song MR, Cha SK. Nurses' perceptions regarding evidence-based practice facilitators in a tertiary hospital. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing. 2011;18(3): 300-9.
- Melnyk BM, Fineout-Overholt E, Feinstein FN, Li H, Small L, Wilcox L, et al. Nurses' perceived knowledge, beliefs, skills, and needs regarding evidence-based practice: implications for accelerating the paradigm shift. Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing. 2004;1:185-93. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1524-475X.2004.04024.x
- Dragan I. Teaching evidence-based practice: perspectives from the undergraduate and post-graduate viewpoint. Annals Academy of Medicine. 2009;38(6):559-63.
- Lim KC, Pack KO, Kwon JS, Jeong JS, Choe MA, Kim JH, et al. Registered nurses' knowledge, attitudes, and practice about evidence-based practice at general hospitals in Korea. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research. 2011;17(3):375-87.
- Sandars J, Heller R. Improving the implementation of evidencebased practice: a knowledge management perspective. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice. 2006;12(3):341-6. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2753.2006.00534.x
- Melnyk BM, Fineout-Overholt E. Evidence-based practice in nursing & healthcare. 2nd ed. Gu MO, Eun Y, Kim SM, Jung JS, Park MH, Park MS, translator. Seoul: Fornurse; 2013.
- Melnyk BM, Fineout-Overholt E, Mays MA. The evidencebased practice beliefs and implementation scales: psychometric properties of two new instruments. Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing. 2008;5(4):208-16. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1741-6787.2008.00126.x
- Park MH. Understanding and application of evidence based nursing. 2nd ed. Seoul: Koonja; 2006.
- Melnyk BM, Fineout-Overholt E. Evidence-based practice in nursing and healthcare. A guide to best practice. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott, Williams, & Wilkins; 2011.
- Choe MA, Bang KS, Park YH, Kang HJ. Current status and direction for future development of evidence-based nursing in Korea. Perspectives in Nursing Science. 2011;8(2):129-38.
- Park MH. Implementation of evidence based nursing education into nursing management clinical practicum: outcome evaluation and diffusion strategies. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration. 2013;19(1):39-47. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.1.39
- Baumann A, Dever R. The limits of decision analysis for rapid decision making in ICU nursing. Image Journal of Nursing scholarship. 1989;21(2):69-71. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1547-5069.1989.tb00100.x
- Jenkins HM. Improving clinical decision making in nursing. Journal of Nursing Education. 1959;24(6):242-3.
- Dee C, Stanley EE. Information-seeking behavior of nursing students and clinical nurses: implications for health sciences librarians. Journal of the Medical Library Association. 2005;93 (2):213-22.
- Oh EG, Oh HJ, Lee YJ. Nurses' research activities and barriers of research utilization. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 2004;34(5):838-48. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2004.34.5.838
- Kothari AR, Bickford JJ, Edwards N, Dobbins MJ, Meyer M. Uncovering tacit knowledge: a pilot study to broaden the concept of knowledge in knowledge translation. BMC Health Services Research. 2011;11:198-208. https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6963-11-198
- Hwang MH. Relation between core factors of knowledge management in hospital' nursing organization and nursing competency [master's thesis]. Seoul: Kyung Hee University; 2011.
- Ferguson LM, Day RA. Supporting new nurses in evidencebased practice. Journal of Nursing Administration. 2004;34: 490-2. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005110-200411000-00004
- Ferguson LM, Day RA. Challenges for new nurses in evidencebased practice. Journal of Nursing Management. 2007;15:107-13. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2934.2006.00638.x
- Kim JS, Gu MO, Jo SY. Factors influencing evidence-based practice readiness for tertiary general hospital nurses. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society. 2013; 14(6):2945-57. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.6.2945
- Bahtsevani C, Willman A, Khalaf A, Ostman M. Developing an instrument for evaluating implementation of clinical practice guidelines: a test-retest study. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice. 2007;14:839-46.
- Choi MO. The effect of knowledge management core factor on nursing performance. [master's thesis]. Seoul: Public Health Yonsei University; 2005.
- Yoo JY, Oh EG. Level of beliefs, knowledge and performance for evidence-based practice among nurses experienced in preceptor role. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration. 2012,18(2)201-12.
- Park HY. A structural model of evidence-based practice implementation among clinical nurses [dissertation]. Gwangju: Chonnam National University; 2013.
- Cho MS, Cho YA, Song MR, Kim MK, Cha SK. Development of a program to facilitate evidence-based practice based on the transtheoretical model. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing. 2013; 25(2):136-47 https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2013.25.2.136
- Son YS, Kim SH, Park YS, Lee SK, Lee YM. The influence of information retrieval skill on evidence based practice competency in clinical nurses. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing. 2012; 24(6):635-46. https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2012.24.6.635
- Kim YS, Kim JM, Park MM. Factors influencing competency in evidence-based practice among clinical nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration. 2015;21(2):143-53. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2015.21.2.143
- Fineout-Overholt E, Melnyk BM, Schultz A. Transforming health care from the inside out: advancing evidence-based practice in the 21st century. Journal of Professional Nursing. 2005;21:335-44. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.profnurs.2005.10.005
- Heat Application According to Nurse's Belief on Evidence-Based Practice and Behavioral Intention Related to Research vol.23, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2016.23.3.264
- Effects of an Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) Education Program on EBP Practice Readiness and EBP Decision Making in Clinical Nurses vol.23, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2017.23.3.239
Supported by : 한국연구재단