- Volume 20 Issue 2
Bascule bridge, with its use to help vessels ply, has a several examples overseas of being serviced for more than decades years by careful maintenance, admitted its significance as landmarks for its rareness. Yeongdo Bridge, the sole bascule bridge in Korea was reconstructed in 2013 after being demolished because of its corrosion and aging, and now operates once in a day. Recently, safety inspections are executed thanks to demands getting higher for maintenance and safety of bridges, but measurement and analysis about bascule bridges are scarce. This study includes the analysis of the bascule bridge's behavior such as stress, vibration and reaction in normal condition and while it lifts up, based on measurement. We expect that this study will be used as an initial data to compare and confirm bridge's changes as service year and the number of operation increase.
Bascule bridge;Counter weight;Measurement;Natural frequency;Strain;Stress;Structural analysis
- Commission on Chicago Landmarks (2007), Landmark Designation Report : Historic Chicago Bridges, Chicago, 12-15.
- Industrial Safety Management Corporation (2014), Yeongdo Bridge Initial Safety Inspection Report, Lotte Engineering and Construction, 173-200 (In Korean).
- Jungshin Engineering Corporation (2000), Yeongdo Bridge Indepth Safety Inspection Report, Busan Metropolitan city, 13-15 (In Korean).
- Koglin, T. L. (2003), Movable Bridge Engineering, John Wiley & Sons Inc., U.S.A, 20-54.
- Korea Infrastructure Safety and Technology Corporation (1999), Improving for In-depth Safety Inspection of Bridge and Calculation Method of Load Carrying Capacity, Vol. 2 (In Korean).
- Korea Road & Transportation Association (2008), Bridge Design Specification (In Korean).
- Lotte Shopping Corporation (2012), Busan Lotte World and Yeongdo Bridge Design Report (In Korean).
- Ryall, M. J., Parke, G. A. R., and Harding J. E. (2000), Manual of Bridge Engineering, Thomas Telford Publshing, London, 663-698.
- Wongong Engineering Corporation (2002), Yeongdo Bridge Indepth Safety Inspection Report, Busan Metropolitan city, 132-149 (In Korean).
- Wongong Engineering Corporation (2003), Yeongdo Bridge Indepth Safety Inspection Report by Typhoon Damage, Busan Metropolitan city, 86-101 (In Korean).
- Xanthakos, P. P. (1994), Thoery and Design of Bridges, John Wiley & Sons Inc., U.S.A, 823-836.
- Yooshin Engineering Corporation (2005), Yeongdo Bridge Indepth Safety Inspection Report, Busan Metropolitan city, 134-137 (In Korean).
Grant : 해상 장대 강바닥판 교량의 피로내하력 강화를 위한 해석적 연구