- Volume 41 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Drying Characteristics of Sea Tangle Using Combination of Microwave and Far-Infrared Dryer
Han, Chung-Su;Kang, Tae-Hwan;Lee, Jeong-Hyeon;Won, Jin-Ho;Cho, Byeong-Hyo;Cho, Sung-Chan
- Received : 2016.02.03
- Accepted : 2016.02.24
- Published : 2016.03.01
Purpose: The present study is aimed at examining the drying characteristics of sea tangle through a combination of microwave and far-infrared drying experiment and finding the optimal drying conditions. Methods: Sea tangle was cleaned and cut into fine pieces (5mm) before they were subjected to combinational drying by microwave and far-infrared ray. The amount of specimen per drying is 2 kg. The finely cut pieces of sea tangle were preheated in a microwave dryer for three different lengths of time (10, 15, and 20 min). Subsequently, they were dried using a far-infrared dryer at tow temperatures (
Combined drying;Far-infrared drying;Microwave drying;Sea tangle
- Kassem, A. S., A. Z. Shokr, A. R. El-Mahdy, A. M. Aboukarima and E. Y. Hamed. 2011. Comparison of Drying Characteristics of Thompson Seedless Grapes Using Combined Microwave Oven and Hot Air Drying. Journal of the Saudi Society of Agricultural Sciences 10(1):33-44. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jssas.2010.05.001
- Han, C. S. 1994. Studies on Far Infrared Drying for Agricultural Products. PH. D. thesis, Hokkaido University. Sapporo, Japan.
- Henderson, S. M. and R. L. Perry. 1976. Agricultural Process Engineering. AVI Publishing Co. Inc.
- Kang, T. H., J. H. Lee, J. H. Won, B. H. Cho, S. W. Hong, S. C. Cho and C. S. Han. 2014. Drying Characteristics of Sea Tangle Using Microwave and Far Infrared Ray. Proceeding of the Korean Society for Agricultural and Machinery.
- Keum, D. H., J. G. Ro, S. R. Hong, K. M. Park, H. Kim and J. W. Han. 2003. Drying Equation of Sarcodon Aspratus. Proceeding of the Korean Society for Agricultural and Machinery 2003 Winter Conference 8(1):354-359.
- Kim, J. H., J. W. Jeong, K. H. Kwen and J. J. Kim. 2003, Microwave & Hot Air Drying Characteristic of Radish. Proceeding of the Korean Society for Agricultural and Machinery.
- Korea Food and Drug Administration. 2012. NLS Standard Operating Procedure Analytical Methods. Korea. 99-111.
- KSO. 2014. Fishery Production Survey.
- Kum, J. S., K. J. Park, C. H. Lee and Y. H. Kim. 1999. Changes in Saponin Composition and Microstructure of Ginseng by Microwave Vacuum Drying. Food Sci Technol 31(2):427-432.
- Lee, J. H. 2015. Drying Characteristics of Seasoned Redpepper Sauce Using Far Infrared Dryer. MA. thesis, Chungbuk National Univ. Cheong-ju, Korea.
- Lee, M. K., S. H. Kim, S. S. Ham, S. Y. Lee, C. K. Chung, I. J. Kang and D. H. Oh. 2000. The Effect of Far Infraared Ray-Vacuum Drying on the Quality Changes of Pimpinella bracycarpa. Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 29(4):561-567.
- Lee, S. K., W. J. Park, W. Kim, M. H. Kang, M. J. Jeon, S. W. Paik and J. W. Han. 2010. Analysis of the Drying Characteristics of Lycii Fructus with Drying Plates. Biosystems Engineering 35(4):250-256. https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2010.35.4.250
- Li, H. 2009. Drying and Quality Characteristics of Agricultural and Fishery Products Using Far Infrared Rays. PH. D. thesis, Chungbuk National Univ. Cheong-ju, Korea.
- Ning, X. 2012. Drying Characteristics and Quality of Agricultural Products Using Combined Drying of Microwave and Far-infrared. PH. D. thesis, Chungbuk National Univ. Cheong-ju, Korea.
- Ning, X., H. Li, T. H. Kang, J. S. Lee, J. H. Lee and C. S. Han. 2014. Thin Layer Drying and Quality Characteristics of Ainsliaea acerifolia Sch. Bip. Using Far Infrared Radiation. Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 43(6):884-892. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2014.43.6.884
- Ning, X., C. S. Han, S. C. Cho, J. S. Lee and S. S. Yoon. 2013. Far-infrared Drying Characteristics and Quality Assessment of Ligularia fischeri. Food Sci Biotechnol 22(S):281-288. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10068-013-0078-9
- Rhim, J. W., R. V. Nunes, V. A. Jones and K. R. SWARTZEL. 1989. Kinetics of Color Change of Grape Juice Generated Using Linearly Increasing Temperature. Journal of Food Science 54(3):776-777. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1989.tb04710.x
- Sharma, G. P. and S. Prasad. 2001. Drying of Garlic(Allium sativum) Cloves by Microwave-Hot Air Combination. Journal of Food Engineering 50(2):99-105. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0260-8774(00)00200-4
Supported by : Chungbuk National University