- Volume 10 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Texture Feature analysis using Computed Tomography Imaging in Fatty Liver Disease Patients
Fatty Liver 환자의 컴퓨터단층촬영 영상을 이용한 질감특징분석
Park, Hyong-Hu;Park, Ji-Koon;Choi, Il-Hong;Kang, Sang-Sik;Noh, Si-Cheol;Jung, Bong-Jae
- Received : 2016.01.14
- Accepted : 2016.02.29
- Published : 2016.02.29
In this study we proposed a texture feature analysis algorithm that distinguishes between a normal image and a diseased image using CT images of some fatty liver patients, and generates both Eigen images and test images which can be applied to the proposed computer aided diagnosis system in order to perform a quantitative analysis for 6 parameters. And through the analysis, we derived and evaluated the recognition rate of CT images of fatty liver. As the results of examining over 30 example CT images of fatty liver, the recognition rates representing a specific texture feature-value are as follows: some appeared to be as high as 100% including Average Gray Level, Entropy 96.67%, Skewness 93.33%, and Smoothness while others showed a little low disease recognition rate: 83.33% for Uniformity 86.67% and for Average Contrast 80%. Consequently, based on this research result, if a software that enables a computer aided diagnosis system for medical images is developed, it will lead to the availability for the automatic detection of a diseased spot in CT images of fatty liver and quantitative analysis. And they can be used as computer aided diagnosis data, resulting in the increased accuracy and the shortened time in the stage of final reading.
Fatty Liver;Texture Feature Analysis;Recognition Rate;Computer Aided Diagnosis
- Yalamanchili. K, Saadeh. S, Klintmalm. G. B, Jennings. L. W, Davis. G. L, "Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease after liver transplantation for cryptogenic cirrhosis or nonalcoholic fatty liver disease," Liver Transplantation, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 431-439, 2010.
- R. N. Hardwick, C. D. Fisher, M. J. Canet, G. L. Scheffer, N. J. Cherrington, "Variations in ATP-Binding Cassette Transporter Regulation during the Progress ion of Human Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease," Drug metabolism and disposition, Vol. 39, No. 12, pp. 2395-2402, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1124/dmd.111.041012
- A. E. Bohte, J. R. Werven, S. Bipat. J. Stoker, "The diagnostic accuracy of US, CT, MRI and 1H-MRS for the evaluation of hepatic steatosis compared with liver biopsy: a meta-analysis," European radiology, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 87-97, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-010-1905-5
- Z. Szucs. Farkas, M. A. Patak, S. Yuksel. Hatz, T. Ruder. P. Vock, "Improved detection of pulmonary nodules on energy-subtracted chest radiographs with a commercial computer-aided diagnosis software: comparison with human observers," European radiology, Vol. 20, No. 6, pp. 1289-1296, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-009-1667-0
- B. Van. Ginneken, C. M. Schaefer. Prokop, M. Prokop, "Computer-aided Diagnosis: How to Move from the Laboratory to the Clinic," Radiology, Vol. 261, No. 3, pp. 719-732, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.11091710
- M. Beil, T. Irinopoulou, J. Vassy, Rigaut. J. P, "Chromatin Texture Analysis in Three-Dimensional Images from Confocal Scanning Laser Microscopy," Analytical and quantitative cytology and histology, Vol. 17, No. 5, pp. 323, 1995.
- S. Selvan, S. Ramakrishnan, "SVD-Based Modeling for Image Texture Classification Using Wavelet Trans formation," IEEE transactions on image processing, Vol. 16, No. 11, pp. 2688-2696, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2007.908082
- El. Yazaji. M, Battas. O, Agoub. M, Moussaoui. D, Gutknecht. C, Dalery. J, d'Amato. T, Saoud. M, "Validity of the depressive dimension extracted from principal component analysis of the PANSS in drug-free patients with schizophrenia," Schizophr Research, Vol. 56, pp. 121-127, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0920-9964(01)00247-X
- J. Yu, J. Tan, "Object density-based image segmentation and its applications in biomedical image analysis," computer methods and programs in biomedicine, Vol. 96, No. 3, pp. 193-204, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cmpb.2009.04.013
- Gletsos. M, Mougiakakou. S. G, Matsopoulos. G. K, Nikita. K. S, Nikita. A. S, Kelekis. D, "A computeraided diagnostic system to characterize CT focal liver lesions: design and optimization of a neural network classifier," IEEE Trans Inf Technol Biomed, Vol. 7, pp. 153-162, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TITB.2003.813793
- Alshamlan. H, El-Zaart. A, "Breast Cancer Computer Aided Diagnosis (CAD) System," proceedings of the international conference on image processing computer vision and pattern recognition, Vol. 1, pp. 224-229, 2011.
- Chen. X. J, Wu. D, He. Y, Liu. S, "Study on application of multi-spectral image texture to discriminating rice categories based on wavelet packet and support vector machine," Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi, Vol. 29, pp. 222-225, 2009.
Supported by : 한국국제대학교