- Volume 10 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of the Filling Sodium States Inside the Fuel rod of Sodium-Cooled Fast Reactor by Optimized Spatial Resolution in Medical Digital Radiographic Images
의료용 디지털방사선영상의 공간분해능 최적화에 의한 소듐냉각고속로 연료봉 내부의 소듐 충전상태 평가
- Received : 2016.02.11
- Accepted : 2016.02.29
- Published : 2016.02.29
The purpose of this study was tried to evaluate the filling sodium states inside the fuel rod of sodium-cooled fast reactor by digital medical X-ray. We used the diagnostic X-ray generators in digital radiography (DR). This study have found the optimal conditions by changing the effective focal spot size of X-ray tube and post-processing of the DR method with a tungsten edge plate in order to ensure excellent sharpness At this time, the sharpness and resolution were evaluated using the MTF (modulation transfer function). As a result, this study obtained a spatial resolution of 3.871 lp/mm (0.1 MTF), 3.290 lp/mm (0.5 MTF) when implemented the contrast strengthen post-processing in small focal spot. In this research, the result is able to evaluate the level of sodium inside the fuel rod by using the diagnostic X-ray generators in medical digital radiographic images.
Sodium-cooled fast reactor;Filling sodium states;Digital radiography;Modulation transfer function;Spatial resolution
- Report of Phase 1A of the International Project on Innovative Nuclear Reactors and Fuel Cycles (INPRO), "Guidance for the evaluation of innovative nucle ar reactors and fuel cycles", IAEA-TECDOC-1362, International Atomic Energy Agency, 2003.
- M. K. Lee, "Study on the progress of international generation IV nuclear energy systems project and for mulation R&D policy", Graduate School of Pusan National University, 2007.
- J. Y. Lim, K. Y. Lee, M. H. Kim, "Nuclear core design and performance evaluation of a Pb-Bi Cooled transmutation fast reactor", The journal of industrial liaison research institute, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 1-7, 2007.
- J. M. Ryskamp, "A Technology roadmap for generation IV nuclear energy systems", Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory, US-DoE and GIF, 2002.
- Y. I. Kim, Y. B. Lee, C. B. Lee, J. W. Chang, C. W. Choi, "Design concept of advanced sodium-cooled fast reactor and related R&D in Korea", Science and Technology of Nuclear Installations, Vol. 2013, p p. 1-8, 2013.
- S. J. Oh, S. H. Kim, H. J. Jeon, K. H. Kim, C. B. Lee, "Analysis of neutrons radiography in SFR simulated metal fuel core fault", Korean Radioactive Waste Society, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 129-130, 2012. in Korean.
- H. Fujita H, D. Y. Tasi, J. Morishita, K. Ueda, A. Ohtsuka, "A simple method for detering the modulation transfer function in digital radiography", Medical Imaging, IEEE Transactions, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 34-39, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/42.126908
- Y. H. Seoung, "Evaluation of the Spatial Resolution for Exposure Class in Computed Radiography by Using the Modulation Transfer Function", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 8, pp.273-279, 2013.
- Y. H. Seoung, "Quantitative Analysis of Spatial Resolution for the Influence of the Focus Size and Digital Image Post-Processing on the Computed Radiography", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 11, pp.407-414, 2014.
- H. W. Cho, K. S. Chon, "Change of MTF for Sampling Interval in Digital Detector", Journal of the Korea Society of Radiology, Vol. 8, No. 5, pp. 224-230, 2014.
- B. S. Kang, "Development of Image Quality Evaluation Program for Digital Diagnostic Radiography", Journal of the Korea Society of Radiology, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 5-10, 2008.