- Volume 10 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Implementation of Radiation Damage in Vitro Model using Swine Skin
돼지피부를 사용한 방사선 체외 장해모델 구현연구
Jung, Hongmoon;Won, Doyeon;Jeong, Dong Kyung;Jung, Jaeeun
- Received : 2016.02.11
- Accepted : 2016.02.29
- Published : 2016.02.29
The study of radiation-hazard in the human skin tissue is carried out by direct irradiating to experimental animals. The influences of a radiation to the animal's skin tissue are analyzed from this experiment. However, this also accompanies losses in terms of both time and economy. In this study, we simulated human tissue by using a swine skin tissue. The depth of the swine skin tissue for the experiment is determined, and the amount of the direct radiation below this skin depth is analyzed numerically. The amount of the radiation occurred by exposure below the skin tissue can be inferred. Moreover, it is possible to use only cells effectively and animal experiments to analyze the body-hazard by radiation.
swine skin tissue;body-hazard by radiation;cells damage by radiation;swine subcutaneous
- R.E. Jacob, M.K. Murphy, J.A. Creim, J.P. Carson, "Detecting radiation-induced injury using rapid 3D variogram analysis of CT images of rat," lungs.Acad Radiol.20(10):1264-71, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acra.2013.07.001
- M.F Bin Mh Busra, S.R. Chowdhury, F. Bin Ismail, A. Bin Saim, R.H Idrus. "Tissue-Engineered Skin Substitute Enhances Wound Healing after Radiation The rapy." Adv Skin Wound Care.;29(3):120-9,2016. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.ASW.0000480556.78111.e4
- K. Bourtzis, R.S. Lees, J. Hendrichs, M.J Vreysen. "More than one rabbit out of the hat: Radiation, transgenic and symbiont-based approaches for sustainable management of mosquito and tsetse fly populations." Acta Trop. 13;157:115-130, 2016.
- I. Papadopoulou,V. Stewart,T.D. Barwick,W.E. Park, N. Soneji, etal."Post-Radiation Therapy Imaging Appearances in Cervical Carcinoma.Radiographics", 29:150117,2016.
- R.K. Flannigan, R.T Baverstock, "Management of post-radiation therapy complications among prostate cancer patients: A case series." Can Urol Assoc J. 8(9-10):E632-6,2014. https://doi.org/10.5489/cuaj.492
- S.E McGuire. "DNA Damage and Repair Pathway Profiles as Biomarkers in High-Risk Prostate Cancer." JAMA Oncol.7:1-2, 2016.
- S.R Pajoum Shariati, MA Shokrgozar, M Vossoughi, "In vitro co-culture of human skin keratinocytes and fibroblasts on a biocompatible and biodegradable scaffold." Iran Biomed J.13(3):169-77,2009.
- J. Kodiyan, K.T. Amber. "Topical antioxidants in radiodermatitis: a clinical review." Int J Palliat Nurs. 21(9):446-52, 2015. https://doi.org/10.12968/ijpn.2015.21.9.446
- F. Haubner, E. Ohmann, F. Pohl, J Strutz, H.G Gassner, "Wound healing after radiation therapy: review of the literature", Radiat Oncol, 24;7:162, 2012.
- H. Goldschmidt, W.K. Sherwin. "Reactions to ionizing radiation", J Am Acad Dermatol. 3(6):551-79. Review,1980. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0190-9622(80)80067-3
- A.F. Pellegata, M.A. Asnaghi, I. Stefani, A. Maestroni , S. Maestroni, et al. "Detergent-enzymatic decellularization of swine blood vessels: insight on mechanical properties for vascular tissue engineering." Biomed Res Int. (2013):918753,2013.
- Z. Wu, L. Fan, B. Xu, Y. Lin, P. Zhang, X. Wei. "Use of decellularized scaffolds combined with hyaluronic acid and basic fibroblast growth factor for skin tissue engineering." Tissue Eng Part A. 21(1-2):390-402, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1089/ten.tea.2013.0260