- Volume 40 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Research on Uncomfortableness and Customer Needs of Life-type Protection Mask -Focused on UV Protection Mask and Dust Protection Mask-
생활형 보호마스크에 대한 소비자 불편사항 및 요구특성 분석 -자외선 차단마스크와 황사/미세먼지 차단마스크를 중심으로-
Kang, Yeo Sun
- Received : 2015.07.31
- Accepted : 2015.09.16
- Published : 2016.02.29
This research provides practical data to develop UV protection masks and dust protection masks. It surveyed uncomfortable factors and significant characteristics for masks. It used 653 subjects 20-79 years old and performed the research from April to May in 2014. Wearing masks at outdoor activities is not widely popular yet, but golf players, mountaineers and old people were quite interested in masks. People mainly wore a basic shape mask, but main age group of each mask shape was different. People usually prioritized the protection function and comfort of wearing over design; however, women, young generation and people attending to outdoor activities longer than 1 hour considered design quite important. People going on picnic or camping consider mask characteristics most important. Therefore, various mask shapes and protective functions should be developed to reflect consumer needs. Meanwhile, the discomfort levels of masks were not too high, but old people felt more discomfort than young people. The most discomfort factors were 'other's eye', 'distracting face movement' and 'feeling of foreign object'. They also mentioned falling problem of C shape mask and short-rib shape mask, and asked for a 'tighter fit' at the ear.
Protection mask;Life-type mask;UV protection;Micro dust;Asian dust
- Kweon, S. A., Choi, J. M., Yoo, J. J., & Kim, J. S. (2009). UVprotective clothing awareness and purchase attitudes according to UV protective behavior. Korean Journal of Human Ecology, 18(4), 903-912. https://doi.org/10.5934/KJHE.2009.18.4.903
- Lee, S., Ulrich, P. V., & Connell, L. J. (2007). Tween girls and their mothers: Clothing decision criteria and body satisfaction. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 31(12), 1689-1699. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2007.31.12.1689
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety. (2015, February 23). 의약외품, '보건용마스크'(황사, 미세먼지 등 차단) 품목허가 현황 [Sanitary aid, 'masks for health' (protection Asian dust, micro dust etc.) permission of articles]. Ministry of Food and Drug Safety. Retrieved March 24, 2015, from http://www.mfds.go.kr/index.do?mid=1042&seq=26615&cmd=v
- Rhie, S. J., Park, Y., Park, Y. L., Pyo, Y. S., & Im, J. M. (2013). A study on ultraviolet rays protection behavior and current status of UV-protective products usage-Focusing on age and gender-. Journal of Korean Society of Cosmetology, 19(3), 448-455.
- SNU HQ Center. (2015, February 10). 자외선으로부터 피부지키기 [Protect from Ultraviolet]. SNU HQ Center. Retrieved July 8, 2015, from http://hqcenter.snu.ac.kr/front/info/330_view.php
- Standards Australia. (1996). Sun Protective Clothing-Evaluation and Classification AS/NZS 4399:1966. Sydney: Author.
- Sung, H., & Jeon, Y. (2005). A study on Korean golfers' sun protective behavior and their intention to buy UV-protective clothing. Journal of Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 29(1), 189-197.
- Sung, H., Jeon, Y., & Park, H. (2005). A study on UV protective clothing-An emphasis on outdoor sports consumers-. Journal of Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 29(8), 1136-1145.
- 미세먼지 [Micro dust]. (2015, June 23). Seoul Air Quality Information. Retrieved June 23, 2015, from http://cleanair.seoul.go.kr/safety_guide.htm?method=dust
- 환경정책기본법 시행령 제24203호 [Framework Act on Environment Policy Enforcement Ordinance Article 24203]. (2013, January 1). National Law Information Center. Retrieved July 1, 2015, from http://www.law.go.kr/lsInfoP.do?lsiSeq=129965& efYd=20130101#AJAX
- 황사 [Asian dust]. (2002, April 1). Korea Meteorological Administration. Retrieved June 27, 2015, from http://www.kma.go.kr/weather/asiandust/density.jsp
- Bark, K. M., Nam, Y. H., Gil, E. M., & Kim, T. H. (2006). Evaluation of sun-cap protection from ultraviolet radiation. Korean Journal of Dermatology, 44(1), 28-34.
- Han, D. H. (2004). Inward leakage test for particulate filtering respirators in Korea. Korean Journal of Environmental Health Sciences, 30(5), 432-439.
- Han, D. H., & Choi, K. L. (2002). Development of half-masks well-fitting for Korean faces (1)-Facial dimensions and predictors of fit for half-mask. Journal of Korean Society of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene, 12(1), 46-54.
- Han, D. H., & Rhi, J. (2004). Development of half-masks wellfitting for Korean faces (2)-pilot study-. Journal of Korean Society of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene, 14 (1), 8-17.
- Kang, Y. S. (2015). The research of the lifestyle facial masks characteristics and consumer's wearing attitude. Journal of the Korean Society of Fashion Design, 15(3), 1-20. doi:10.18652/2015.15.3.1