- Volume 40 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effect of Self-Image Congruence, Clothing Preference and Reference Price on Payment Intention Price
자기 이미지 일치성과 의복 선호 및 준거 가격이 지불의도 가격에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2015.08.17
- Accepted : 2015.09.03
- Published : 2016.02.29
In this study, the notion of payment intention price was introduced and examined in relation with self-image congruence, clothing preference and two types of reference price: expected price and fair price. One hundred samples of female collegiate students participated in the group survey and responded to the instrument including variables of clothing image evaluation, clothing preference, reference price, payment intention price toward a one-piece dress as the stimulus, and ideal self-image perception. Descriptive statistics, correlations, and regressions were applied on data analysis. The results were as follow. Payment intention price was determined by clothing preference and fair price, and the explaining power of fair price was greater than clothing preference. One confirmatory path was observed that self-image congruence effects clothing preference, and then clothing preference effects payment intention price. The other confirmatory path was from expected price to fair price and fair price to payment intention price.
Self-image congruence;Clothing preference;Expected price;Fair price;Payment intention price
- Park, C. S. (2014). Principles of marketing (5th ed.). Paju: Bobmunsa.
- Sirgy, M. J. (1982). Self-concept in consumer behavior: A critical review. Journal of Consumer Research, 9(3), 287-300. https://doi.org/10.1086/208924
- Sirgy, M. J., & Danes, J. E. (1982). Self-image/product-image congruence models: Testing selected models. Advances in Consumer Research, 9(1), 556-561.
- Sirgy, M. J., Grewal, D., Mangleburg, T. F., Park, J. O., Chon, K. S., Claiborne, C. B., Johar, J. S., & Berkman, H. (1997). Assessing the predictive validity of two methods of measuring self-image congruence. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 25(3), 229-241. doi:10.1177/0092070397253004 https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070397253004
- Yoon, N., & Youn, S. (2010). The effects of fashion luxury consumption values on the perceived acquisition value and the role of reservation price. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 18(4), 774-788. https://doi.org/10.29049/rjcc.2010.18.4.774
- Chung, I. H. (2001). The study on desired image and fabric preference of woman college student for apparel. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 9(4), 629-638.
- Chung, I. H. (2009). A study on the premium price perception for high functional sports/leisure wear related to sports/leisure activity, well-being health consciousness, and demographic variables. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 33(9), 1506-1518. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2009.33.9.1506
- Chung, I. H. (2013). Perception of high functional underwear according to innovation cues: Perception difference of reference price, preference, quality and their relationships. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 37(5), 645-654. doi:10.5850/JKSCT.2013.37.5.645 https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2013.37.5.645
- Ahn, K., & Kim, M. R. (1991). A study on the relationship of store-image/self-image congruity and store preference. Journal of Consumers Studies, 2(2), 1-17.
- Birdwell, A. E. (1968). A study of the influence of image congruence on consumer choice. The Journal of Business, 41(1), 76-88. https://doi.org/10.1086/295047
- Chung, I. H., & Rhee, E. Y. (1992). A study on clothing images: Their constructing factors and evaluative dimensions. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 16(4), 379-391.
- Chung, I. H., & Rhee, E. Y. (1996). Clothing and self-image. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 20(1), 207-217.
- Graeff, T. R. (1996). Image congruence effects on product evaluations: The role of self-monitoring and public/private consumption. Psychology & Marketing, 13(5), 481-499. doi:10.1002/(SICI)1520-6793(199608)13:5<481::AID-MAR3>3.0.CO;2-5 https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1520-6793(199608)13:5<481::AID-MAR3>3.0.CO;2-5
- Han, S. L., Hong, S. T., & Lee, S. H. (2012). The effect of retailer-self image congruence on retailer equity and repatronage intention. Journal of Distribution Research, 17(2), 29-62.
- Hosany, S., & Martin, D. (2012). Self-image congruence in consumer behavior. Journal of Business Research, 65(5), 685-691. doi:10.1016/j.jbusres.2011.03.015 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2011.03.015
- Jamal, A., & Goode, M. M. H. (2001). Consumers and brands: A study of the impact of self-image congruence on brand preference and satisfaction. Marketing Intelligence & Planning, 19(7), 482-492. doi:10.1108/02634500110408286 https://doi.org/10.1108/02634500110408286
- Kressmann, F., Sirgy, M. J., Herrmann, A., Huber, F., Huber, S., & Lee, D. J. (2006). Direct and indirect effects of selfimage congruence on brand loyalty. Journal of Business Research, 59(9), 955-964. doi:10.1016/j.jbusres.2006.06.001 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2006.06.001
- Lee, J. H. (2015). The influence of self-continuity and selfcongruity type on consumer attitudes toward innovative products. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Lowe, B. (2006). Pricing strategy and the formation and evolution of reference price perception in new product categories. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Griffith University, Brisbane.
- Na, Y. E. (1992). Primary factor affecting on the preference for clothing styles: Similarity and familiarity. Unpublished master's thesis, Seoul National University, Seoul.
Supported by : 한국연구재단