- Volume 40 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Bodice Pattern Development of the Slim-fit Dress Shirt for Middle-aged Males Using 3D Body Scanning Data
3D Body Scanning Data를 활용한 중년 남성용 슬림 핏(Slim-fit) 드레스 셔츠 바디스 패턴개발연구
- Received : 2015.10.28
- Accepted : 2015.12.19
- Published : 2016.02.29
The study performed a comparison analysis of market brand patterns for slim-fit dress shirts and analyzed the body surface development figure of men in their 40s using 3D body scan data and developed slim-fit dress shirt patterns suitable for middle-aged men. The sizes of slim-fit dress shirt patterns showed a slight difference depending on brand. The overlap map of slim-fit dress shirt patterns for brands demonstrates how difference of one-dimensional sizes reflect on two-dimensional patterns. This map provides useful information for pattern design and allows and easy recognition of pattern size differences. A try-on system evaluation through 3D-Simulation allows a grasp of the fitness of neckline and size tolerance of under the arms in front, the silhouette of side lines, and overall fitness in front that also allows analysis of the front/back balance of a shirt in side, the size tolerance proportion in front/back, and the fitness of the arm-hole line. Thus, we obtained try-on results that were equivalent to wearing actual clothing. According to the drafting size suggested in the developed final pattern, the total width was 'C/2+5.5cm', and the front was set at 1cm bigger in the size difference of the front and back. The width of the front neck and the back neck was set identically at 'C/12', while the width of the front neck was set to 'C/12+1.5cm'. For the armhole depth, we added 'C/4+2cm', and '0.5cm and 1.5cm' for the width of the front and back to anthropometry. The results of the try-on evaluation through 3D-Simulation indicated that the fitness of the final slim-fit dress shirt pattern was superior to available slim-fit dress shirt patterns on the market and evaluated as superior to the types for middle-aged men.
Middle-aged males;The overlap map of slim-fit dress shirt patterns;3D body scanning data;Body surface development figure
- Do, W., & Park, H. J. (2010). A study on the fit preferences of knitted jackets according to body types using a 3D virtual try-on system-Focus on adult women in their 30's and 40's-. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 34(10), 1632-1646. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2010.34.10.1632
- Hong, E. H. (2013). Development of tight-fit torso patterns according to adult men's somatotype using surface flattening of 3D body scan data-Using a 3D virtual garment system-. Unpublished doctorial dissertation, Hanyang University, Seoul.
- Jang, S. E. (2008). A study on sizing system and preferable ease in a men's dress shirt for virtual mass customization system. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 32(1), 99-109. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2008.32.1.099
- Kim, C. L., & Yum, H. J. (2010). An analysis of trend and design characteristics on the Korea men's business casual. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 60(10), 16-27.
- Kim, D. H., & Jang, J. A. (2012). The actual wearing conditions and preferences for domestic men's slim-fit dress shirts. Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 14(6), 983-991. doi:10.5805/KSCI.2012.14.6.983 https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2012.14.6.983
- Kim, D. H., & Jang, J. A. (2013). A study on pattern development of men's slim-fit dress shirt-Focus on the 25-35 aged men-. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 15(6), 950-962. doi:10.5805/SFTI.2013.15.6.950 https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2013.15.6.950
- Kim, K. H., & Cho, K. S. (2005). Clothing shopping orientations and purchasing practices for dress shirts of male office workers. Korean Journal of Human Ecology, 14(4), 683-692.
- Kim, M., Kim, M., & Park, S. (2014). Comparison and analysis of men's classic-fit and slim-fit shirt patterns-Utilizing the 3D virtual try-on system-. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 22(2), 209-224. doi:10.7741/rjcc.2014.22.2.209 https://doi.org/10.7741/rjcc.2014.22.2.209
- Koo, I. S. (2006). A study on the shirt style preference and the shirt purchase attitude. Journal of Fashion Business, 10(2), 40-59.
- Korea Agency for Technology and Standards. (2010). 6차 인체치수조사 [The 6th national anthropometric survey report]. Size Korea. Retrieved August 24, 2015, from http://sizekorea.kats.go.kr/03_report/6th.asp
- Lee, J. H., Jun, J. I., & Choi, K. M. (2013). Characteristics and classification of body type of adult men in their forties for automated pattern design. Journal of Korea Design Forum, 39, 325-336.
- Nam, Y. J., & Lee, H. S (2005). 남성복 패턴메이킹 (개정판) [Men's clothing pattern making (2nd ed.)]. Seoul: Kyohakyonkusa.
- Paek, K. J. (2009). Fit analysis for men's bodice pattern using 3D scans-Compared to traditional fit evaluation-. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 33(1), 139-148. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2009.33.1.139
- Shin, K., & Suh, C. (2014). 3D body scan data analysis for the slim-fit dress shirts pattern design-Focused on the 40s male-. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 38(1), 97-109. doi:10.5850/JKSCT.2014.38.1.97 https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2014.38.1.97
- Suh, C. (2009). Development of male fitted torso type basic patterns according to the body surface segment method. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 33 (7), 1109-1120. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2009.33.7.1109
- Sung, O. J., & Kim, A. R. (2004). A study of middle aged men's body shapes-Analysis of direct anthropometric measurement -. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 54 (1), 37-51.
- Sung, O. J., & Yang, C. E. (2006). A study on the development of shirts pattern for middle aged men's body shapes. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 30(11), 1550-1559.
- Yoon, J. W. (2013). The development of tight fit torso patterns with body type of women by 3D body scan data-Using the virtual appearance evaluation-. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Hanyang University, Seoul.
- Survey on the Wearing and Fit of Dress Shirts for Middle-Aged Men-Focused on Difference according to Stature Group vol.20, pp.6, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2018.20.6.679