- Volume 19 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Development of Displacement Estimation Technique for Bridges Located under Poor Measurement Circumstances
계측이 어려운 환경에 가설된 교량의 변위 추정 기술 개발
- Jeon, Junchang (Construction Technology Consultants Co., Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Heehyun (Construction Technology Consultants Co., Ltd.)
- Received : 2016.10.17
- Accepted : 2016.11.08
- Published : 2016.12.31
In this paper, to verify the field application of a displacement estimation technique based on the relationship between displacement and strain, static and dynamic field load test are performed on three-span continuous real bridge structures. The superstructure types of the test bridges are IPC girder highway bridge and steel box girder AGT bridge. LVDTs and strain gauges are attached to them; then, the responses due to test vehicle are measured. To obtain the displacement-strain relationship of the test bridges, the bridges are modeled as grillage system with 6 DOFs for the purpose of structural analyses. Static and dynamic displacements, which are estimated using both the calculated displacement-strain relationship and the measured strain signal, agree well with the values measured by LVDT. This study demonstrates that the displacement estimation technique using the strain signal can be effectively applied to the displacement measurement of bridge structures that cross rivers/roads/railways or have high clearance.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- M. Bell, T.W. Ma, N.S. Xu (2015) Recovering bridge deflections from collocated acceleration and strain measurements, sensors and smart structures technologies for civil, mechanical, and aerospace systems 2015, Proceedings of the International Society for Optics and Photonics, 9435, pp.1-14.
- S.H. Joh, J.C. Jeon, S.K. Hwang, H.H. Lee (2015) Experimental verification of displacement estimation algorithm using velocity time History, Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, 30(4), pp.99-105. https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2015.30.4.99
- B.S. Jung, K.Y. Shin, C.M. Lee (2001) Estimation of displacement responses using acceleration data measured on bridge superstructure, Journal of Civil Engineering, 21(5-A), pp.677-686.
- C.H. Park, D.G. Lee (1992) Correction of accelerogram in frequency domain, Journal of Civil Engineering, KSCE, 12(4), pp.71-79.
- S. Shin, B.G. Yun, J.C. Kim (2009) estimation of dynamic displacements of a bridge using FBG sensors, Journal of the Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, 13(3), pp.101-109.
- K.T. Yang (1998) Problems of double integration of an acceleration to determine displacement characteristics of a structure under moving load, Journal of Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea, 11(4), pp.135-146.
- Y.K. Yun, H.J. Ryu (2011) Calculation of deflection using the acceleration data for concrete bridges, Journal of the Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, 15(5), pp.92-100.
- I.H. Bae, J.S. Sim, G.H. Ha (2009) Structural health monitoring of the self-anchored suspension bridge using RTK GPS, Proceedings of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Hoengseong, Korea, pp.348-351.
- J.S. Cho, Y. Huh (2011) Image processing technique for measuring the static displacement of bridge from general inspection photograph, Journal of Civil Engineering, 31(3A), pp.173-180.
- S.W. Kim, N.S. Kim (2010) Verification of multi-point displacement response measurement algorithm using image processing technique, Journal of Civil Engineering, 30(3A), pp.297-307.
- Korea University (2014) Structural Health Monitoring Based on Displacement, Korea Agency for Infrastructure Technology Advancement.
- J.C. Jeon, H.H. Lee (2016) A method estimating displacement using measured strain response of simply supported bridges, Journal of the Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, 21(3), pp.18-24.
- H.S. Park, K.T. Park, K.W. Lee (2001) An experimental study on characteristics analysis of deflection response of RC structures using measured strain, Journal of the Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, 5(3), pp.173-180.
- MIDAS IT (2012) MIDAS Civil 2012 Analysis Reference.
- D.I. Chang, H.H. Lee (1992) Impact factors for simple span highway girder bridges, Journal of Structural Engineering, 120(3), pp.704-715. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1994)120:3(704)
- H.H. Lee (1985) Impact factor of moving load due to surface roughness of girder bridge of variable span, Master Thesis, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand, pp.11-22.
- H.H. Lee, J.C. Jeon, K.S. Kyung (2012) Determination of a reasonable impact factor for fatigue investigation of simple steel plate girder railway bridges, Engineering Structures, 36, pp.316-324. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2011.12.021