- Volume 19 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Ground Investigation Technique of Railway Using Pagani Cone Test
Pagani Cone Test를 이용한 철도노반 조사 기법 연구
- Cho, Eun-Kyung (Seoul Metropolitan Goverment) ;
- Cho, Kook-Hwan (Dept of Railway Construction Engineering, Graduate School of Railway, Seoul National University of Science & Technology)
- Received : 2016.12.05
- Accepted : 2016.12.29
- Published : 2016.12.31
Standard Penetration Test (SPT) and Cone Penetration Test (CPT) are widely used in geotechnical investigation methods for railway roadbed. However, SPT can not be used on the Railway track, since the equipment may contact to the electric lines. However, a portable equipment can be used for geotechnical investigation without electrical hazard. Dynamic Cone Penetrometer (DCP) is one of representative portable equipments. A normal portable DCP has usually not enough driving energy and the rigidity of cone-rod, so it is impossible to investigate the required investigate penetration depth. In this study, The adaptability of Pagani cone test which is one of portable dynamic cone penetrometer is studied and compared with SPT-N data. As a result of this study, the proposed correlation factors between Pagani cone test and SPT-N values after corrections is 1.48 for sandy soil and 1.33 for clayey soil.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Byun, Y.H., Kim, J.H. and Lee, J.S. (2013) Cone penetrometer with a helical-type outer screw rod for evaluation of the subgrade condition, Journal of Transportation Engineering, 139, pp. 115-122. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)TE.1943-5436.0000504
- Kim, D.S., Hwang, S.K., Shin, M.H. and Park, T.S. (2005) Evaluation on the condition of track substructure using GPR/PBS/LFWD, Journal of the Korean Geotechnical Society, 21(5), pp. 163-170 .
- Kim, D.S., Lee, S.H., Kang, S.G. and Son, K.H. (2004) Research for assessing railway trackbed condition, 2004 Spring Conference of Korean Society for Railway, Korea, pp. 54-60.
- Kim, D.S., Park, S.Y. and Kim, S.I. (2008), Evaluation of correlation between subgrade reaction modulus and strain modulususing plate loading test, Journal of the Korean Geotechnical Society, 24(6), pp. 57-67.
- Lee, J.S., Shin, D.H., Yoon, H.K. and Lee, W. (2008) Development and application of ultra small micro-cone penetrometer, Journal of the Korean Geotechnical Society, 24(2), pp. 77-86.
- Park, C.S., Mok, Y.J., Hwang, S.K. and Park, I.B. (2009a) A methodology for quality control of railroad trackbed fills using compressional wave velocities: 1. preliminary investigation, Journal of the Korean Geotechnical Society, 25(9), pp. 45-55.
- Park, C.S., Mok, Y.J., Hwang, S.K. and Park, I.B. (2009b) A methodology for quality control of railroad trackbed fills using compressional wave velocities: 2. verification of applicability, Journal of the Korean Geotechnical Society, 25(9), pp. 57-66.
- Park, Y. W., Lee, H. C., Park, J. H., Kim, S. H.(1993) Hammer energy measurement of Standard Penetration Test, Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 1, pp. 573-576.
- Langton, D.D. (1999) The panda lightweight penetrometer for soil investigation and monitoring material compaction, Ground Engineering, 32(9), pp. 33-37.
- Park, J.O. (2009) Evaluation of subgrade state in the gyeongbu high speed railway through GPR tests and drilling boreholes, Journal Spring Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, Heongseong, pp. 984-996.
- Choi, J.S. (2015) The development of assessment compaction equipment for compaction test in excavation site, Korean Society of Civil Engineer 2015 Convention, 2015 Civil Expo and Conference, Gunsan, pp. 117-118.
- Oh, H.J. (2009) Reliability analysis and resistance characteristics of dynamic cone penetration test according to ground characteristics, Master's thesis, Chungju National University, pp. 1-15.