- Volume 19 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Study on Relationship between Turn-back Time and Assignment of Trainsets
철도 차량의 반복시간과 소요량 사이의 관계 고찰
- Ki, Hyung-seo (Department of Transportation Engineering, University of Seoul) ;
- Oh, Suk-mun (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Park, Dongjoo (Department of Transportation Engineering, University of Seoul)
- Received : 2016.10.19
- Accepted : 2016.12.05
- Published : 2016.12.31
This study examines the relationship between the operational turnaround time and the rolling stock requirements. In this study, the operational turnaround time of rolling stock is divided into physical turnback time and waiting time. This paper presents a variety of models and estimation results of the existing studies on operational turnaround time. The proposed estimation model of the operational turnaround time in this study is designed to minimize the operational turnaround time in terminus stations, while the rolling stock requirement is reduced. The developed estimation model was applied in a real-world example, and it was found that the operational turnaround time and the required rolling stocks were lessened compared with the current condition. The method presented in this paper is expected to be utilized in train operational planning and rolling stock routing plans, thereby minimizing the rolling stock requirements of existing railway operating authorities.
- Ji-Won Chung, Seog-Moon Oh, In-Chan Choi (2009) A hybridgenetic Algorithm for train sequencing in the Korean railway, Omega37, Elsevier BV, United Kingdom, pp. 555-565.
- S.M. Oh, J.H. Min (2014) A demand-responsive metro-train operation planning program, Railway Engineering Design and Optimization, Computers in Railways X IV, WITpress, Great Britain UK, pp. 595-602.
- K. Ziarati, H. Chizari and A. Mohammadi Nezhad (2005) Locomotive optimization using artificial intelligence approach, Iranian journal of Science and Technology, Transaction B, Engineering, 29(B1), The Islamic Republic of Iran, pp. 95-105.
- RE. Neapolitan, K. Naimipour (2004), Foundations of ALGORITHMS Using C ++ Pseudocode, 3rd Edition, Jones and Bartlett Publishers Inc., Sudbury, MA 01776, pp. 7-31.
- Seong-Ho Kim, Dong-Hee Kim, Tae-Sung Choi (2004) An Enumeration Algorithm for Generating the Candidate Routings in a Set Partitioning Problem Approach to the Rolling Stock Requirement Plan, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 7(4), pp. 112-117.
- Jiang, Z.B., Xiao, X.Y. (2014) A turn-back track constraint train scheduling algorithm on a multi-interval rail transit line, 14th International Conference on Railway Engineering Design and Optimization, COMPRAIL 2014, Rome, Itaiy, 135, pp. 151-162.
- Huimin NIU, Xuesong ZHOU (2013) Optimizing Urban Rail Timetable under Time-dependent Demand and Oversaturated Conditions, Transportation Research Part C Emerging Technologies, 36(16), pp. 212-230. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trc.2013.08.016
- C.U. Do (2009) Traffic Engineering Principles, Cheongmungak. pp. 354-360.
- Korea Development Institute (2008) Modify feasibility study standard guidelines of road and rail sector projects complementary studies (5th Edition), Korea Development Institute.
- U.I. Kim (1999) Recent Driving Theory, (Corporation) Korea Railroad Operation Technology Association, Seoul, pp. 370-403.
- Graham, Ronald L, Knuth, Donald E, Patashnik, Oren (1994) Concrete Mathematics, Reading Ma.: Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-55802-5.