- Volume 14 Issue 1
The AODV protocol uses many RREQ messages and one RREP message in the path-discovery process. This protocol has only one metric, the number of hops. Although it is simple, this protocol is not efficient. To avoid this problem, we propose a new AODV with two auxiliary metrics (AuM-2-AODV). The AuM-2-AODV protocol tries multiple route replies, which reduces the chance of path failure and helps the network obtain a better data rate. It has two auxiliary metrics, the remaining energy of its nodes and the number of HELLO messages received at the nodes. With these two metrics, the reliable path from the source node to the destination node will be chosen. In this paper, the performance of the AuM-2-AODV is evaluated using the NS-3 simulator. The performance results show that AuM-2-AODV provides greater throughput and packet delivery ratio by 20% and up to 50% and about 100% in some cases, respectively, than previous protocols.
- S. Corson and J. Macker, "Mobile Ad hoc Networking (MANET): routing protocol performance issues and evaluation considerations," The Internet Engineering Task Force, Fremont, CA, RFC 2501, 1999.
- C. Perkins and E. Belding-Royer, "Ad hoc on-demand distance vector (AODV) routing," The Internet Engineering Task Force, Fremont, CA, RFC 3561, 2003.
- C. Kim, E. Talipov, and B. Ahn, "A reverse AODV routing protocol in ad hoc mobile networks," in Proceeding of EUC Workshops 2006, Seoul, Korea, pp. 522-531, 2006.
- P. Kumar, R. Kumar, S. Kumar and R. K. Dwivedi, “Improved modified reverse AODV protocol,” International Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 22-26, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5120/1665-2242
- X. Wang, Q. Liu, and N. Xu, "The energy-saving routing protocol based on AODV," in Proceedings of 4th International Conference on Natural Computation, Jinan, China, pp. 276-280, 2008.
- S. Khelifa and Z. M. Maaza, "An energy multi-path AODV routing protocol in ad hoc mobile networks," in Proceedings of 5th International Symposium on Communications and Mobile Network (ISVC), Rabat, Morocco, pp. 1-4, 2010.
- M. Kamrul Islam and R. K. Liu, "Cross-layer optimization of AODV routing protocol for mobile ad-hoc network (MANET)," in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Computer Science and Electronics Engineering (ICCSEE2013), Hangzhou, China, pp. 1834-1837, 2013.
- R. Kumar, K. V. Arya, S. Shekhar, and R. Agrawal, "An on demand routing protocol AODV with end to end reliability and backward route information," in Proceedings of 9th International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS), Gwalior, India, pp.1-6, 2014.
- B. Ahmed, Z. Ouadoudi, R. Mohamed, and O. Mohamed, "A mobility aware Modified AODV for heterogeneous mobile ad hoc networks," in Proceedings of 2012 International Conference on Multimedia Computing and Systems (ICMCS), Tangier, Morocco, pp. 500-503, 2012.
- M. Ayash, M. Mikki, and K. Yim, "Improved AODV routing protocol to cope with high overhead in high mobility MANETs," in Proceedings of 6th International Conference on Innovative Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing (IMIS), Palermo, Italy, pp. 244-251, 2012.
- E. Aldalu and U. Baroudi, "Does AODV perform better with energy harvesting?," in Proceedings of 2015 International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC), Dubrovnik, Croatia, pp. 361-366, 2015.
- R. Bai, M. Singhal, and Y. Luo, “Enhancing performance by salvaging route reply messages in on demand routing protocols for MANETs,” Ad Hoc & Sensor Wireless Networks, vol. 5, pp. 161-188, 2005.
- NS-3 (Network Simulator 3) version 3.23, http://www.nsnam.org.
- G. Carneiro, P. Fortuna, and M. Ricardo, "FlowMonitor: a network monitoring framework for the network simulator 3 (NS-3)," in Proceedings of the 4th International ICST Conference on Perfor-mance Evaluation Methodologies and Tools (VALUETOOLS'09), Pisa, Italy, 2009.
Grant : 무선 애드혹 네트워크용 협력통신 기법 연구
Supported by : 인제대학교